Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

by Danger Close

moh6.jpg

Release date: October 23, 2012

INFO

Operating directly under the National Command Authority, a relatively unknown entity of handpicked warfighters are called on when the mission must not fail. They are the Tier 1 Operators. They are real, living, breathing, precision instruments of war. They are experts in the application of violence. And they exist on an international level for various nations around the globe. In the U.S., their exact numbers, while classified, hover in the low hundreds.

The new Medal of Honor Warfighter game is inspired by and has been developed with Tier 1 Operators from this elite, international community. This personal story was written by actual Tier 1 Operators while deployed overseas. In it, players will step into the boots of these elite warfighters and apply their unique skill sets to track down a real global threat, in real international locations, sponsored by real enemies. It doesn’t get any more authentic then Medal of Honor Warfighter, coming October 23, 2012.

IMAGES

1b9098732489c47c74e393017304f41a.jpg

Medal%20of%20Honor%20Warfighter%20Online%20Screen%202.jpg

VIDEOS

Videogame titles are atrocious aren't they? Anyway I'm having a bit of a war fighter overload these days but hey... maybe this'll be for the MoH franchise what ACII was to its own series? (announcement trailer inside the videos section)

I thought the last one had a pretty fun (if short) single player with some very memorable set pieces so I'd take a look at this for sure. If the multiplayer is tweaked it might be interesting but they got it badly wrong last time.

Bag of shite. The last (first modern) MOH title was dull as fuck anyway, although I did prefer the more realistic slant to CODs constant mind-numbing histeronics.

TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1

TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1

TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1

TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1

TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1

TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1

TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1TIER 1 TIER 1

Could swap that for 'nasty-ass brutal American killers and mercs''. Fucking hate the adulation given to professional killers.

• 1 month later...

Looks like an expansion pack for Battlefield 3 SP, and that was absolutely fantastic, right guys? RIGHT?

Will be avoiding this one, the single and multi in the last one were both rougher than a badgers arse.

There's absolutely nothing in that trailer I haven't done before in another shooter... speaking of which, what happened to respawn's game?

I actually really liked the SP of the MOH reboot, i liked its serious, boots on the ground, grunt warfare take on the modern war shooter. So yeah this looks like another James Bond globe hopping ridiculous scenario nukes going off every 2 minutes crap.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the last MoH title. I was never a player of any of the other MoH titles and really I don't know why the hell I bought it at the time. I think it was maybe just because DICE were involved with it and I was really into BC2 at the time.

The multi player had a lot of issues for me with the spawn points but it was still an enjoyable romp and not as broken as some people make out.

The single player had a fair few bugs in it (check points not being activated, falling off the map a few times, having to restart levels due to things totally fucking up). Despite all these issues I did really enjoy the single player. They could have done with making it a hell of a lot more difficult though, it was just too easy to bang through it. The moving around from different characters during the campaign felt good rather than the COD stuff that just feels like its pulling you away from good stuff.

The mission where you were pinned down in a wee shack with tangos coming down from the hills and your ammo running out and the panic kicking in with your team mates was really well done and did make me feel fear, anxiety. The voice acting, the tech speak etc helped to immerse you in the story line and again there was emotion from the characters about their team members missing or being KIA.

I'm actually looking forward to Warfighter and I'd much rather play this than the generic crap that COD/ MW has become in the past few releases.

BF3 will be my weapon of choice, but Warfighter might be a nice change.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Multiplayer Beta starts tomorrow on 360 - open to all Xbox Live Gold members.

The Xbox 360 exclusive Medal of Honor: Warfighter multiplayer beta is set to kick off this Friday, October 5. The beta will feature a brand new multiplayer mode called HotSpot, in which players attack and defend randomly selected locations on the Sarajevo Stadium map in Bosnia. Those who download it will be awarded with 60 minutes of Double XP when the full game launches.