Triplets - Twins Sequel! Schwarzenegger, Devito and Eddie Murphy?

Goose

WTF? From Comingsoon.net

Universal Pictures is planning a sequel to the 1988 comedy, Twins, and the plan is to re-team the original's stars, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito, with an unlikely third on-screen brother: Eddie Murphy.

The Hollywood Reporter has the news, saying that the original film's director, Ivan Reitman will also return as a producer, though the project does not yet have a script at this time.

Following his time in politics, Schwarzenegger is returning the big screen in a number of different projects. He'll be featured in an expanded role in the upcoming The Expendables 2, lead Kim Jee-Woon's English-language debut The Last Stand and then re-team with Sylvester Stallone on The Tomb.

DeVito, meanwhile, voiced the title character in the box office smash, The Lorax and is a regular on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," returning for an eighth season this Fall.

Murphy starred in Tower Heist last year and just played the lead in A Thousand Words.

And The Hollywood Reporter link, who exclusively broke the story

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/twins-triplets-arnold-schwarzenegger-danny-devito-eddie-murphy-306026

He hasn't been Governeor since January 2011. Now he's too busy getting back to his primary role in life; to star in as many money grabbing films as he possibly can before his divorce from Maria Schriver who will quite literally take him for all his worth and then buttfuck his soul.

This story has gotta be posted a day early, right?

Why? What happens on 31st March?

He hasn't been Governeor since January 2011. Now he's too busy getting back to his primary role in life; to star in as many money grabbing films as he possibly can before his divorce from Maria Schriver who will quite literally take him for all his worth and then buttfuck his soul.

Why? What happens on 31st March?

It's April Fool's Day Eve man! You always get a few teasers.

I am sure that a movie starring Eddie Murphy about two brothers discovering they had a third black brother because of a science experiment will be totally tasteful and witty.

If Arnie and de Vito are Solid and Liquid, does that mean that Murphy is Solidus?

They're getting advice from Lucas on how best to insert someone in the background sneaking a black baby out the door just after they are born in the original movie.

That would bring Jar-Jar binks levels of hilarity to proceedings.

I'm in.

I figured April Fools as well but the Hollywood Reporter are saying the three leads are signed in principal, Reitman will produce and they're currently either scripting or looking for scriptwriters. Den of Geek have just reiterated too, that they thought it was an April fools but it is in fact a genuine project in development.

So this has been announced with no writer or director or even one word of a script. Well great, I'll tell you what, I'm going to start issuing press releases based on one-line ideas I've tossed off in my notebook.

Some movies might benefit from having no writer, director or script. This could turn out to be one of them.

• 5 years later...

He's apparently told an Austrian paper that this starts shooting in Autumn. (And Terminator 6 in March) (Also some Conan movie)

Link in German.

Relevant bit, which looks to me like it is what's claimed. But maybe he's senile now.

Im Herbst beginne ich die Dreharbeiten zur Komödie „Triplets“ mit Eddie Murphy und Danny DeVito. Im März nächsten Jahres drehe ich „Terminator 6“, James Cameron und David Ellison sind wieder an Bord und dann kommt noch ein „Conan“. Jeden Tag wird mein Leben neu bereichert, das ist ein unglaublich schönes Gefühl.

• 4 years later...