rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Asura

Questions thread - anything and everything

Depends what you're paying and what you think is a lot! Royal Mail Standard Parcels is the cheapest you can do in the high street, at about 6 or £7.

There are online courier companies who might do it for approximately that amount.

Forgot to say thanks for that: thanks!

New quezzie - are there any generic models/minis you can get of things like warriors, elves, dwarves, archers, monsters etc. etc. that are pre-painted and don't cost an arm and a leg? Would be great to replace some of my Drizzt stuff with more detailed models for the more generic characters.

Have you seen these:

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Eflsera_Fantasy_Characters.html

I've seen them in the flesh, whilst those pics are 'optimal' they are way better painted than they have any right to be for that price, certainly better than heroclix style pre paints.

Failing that even quite well painted minis sell for less than unpainted ones on ebay, particularly non-gw or last gen gw, although I appreciate finding all the figures for Drizzt would be a bit of a project!

Forbidden Island and Carcassonne can be had for around £15

Dungeon! for around £10

Hey! That's my Fish for around £8

Space Hulk: Death Angel Card Game for around £15

Warlock of Firetop Mountain Fighting Fantasy game book for around £4 - 5

• Upvote 1

Dungeon! is really a kids game, so unless you do have children i'd say don't bother with it. Space Hulk Death Angel is fun if you like games with a low chance of success and a incomprehensible rule book.

Boardgameguru have currently got the Doctor Who Card Game on sale for £10. I've no idea if it's any good but it is designed by Martin Wallace so it's a pretty safe bet it won't be a complete turkey.

• Upvote 1

Yes HTMF is a great little game. I've only played it with my kids (4 & 7) but all three of us always have a laugh when we play it. As michael says I would imagine playing just with adults makes it a fairly cuthroat experience!

My mate's a nurse and he's brought in HTMF for them all to play during breaks. Apparently it's turned into quite a monster, with leagues and tournaments being set up in his department.

• Upvote 1