Crysis 3 - With New Hat!

Harsin

Previews:

http://kotaku.com/59...dium=socialflow

So let's be honest: CryEngine 3, which runs Crysis 3, is an in-your-face, razor-edged visual sledgehammer that will wow you. The demo I witnessed didn't stray from the now clearly-understood memes the game industry is known for: dazzling light effects, enormous guns, and even bigger explosions, aliens, and deaths. The presentation was a muscular audio-visual display of powerful technology. And demos like this don't come around too often.

But the experience was bigger than just better shaders, more lens flares, and bigger vistas. For those who played Crysis for the PC in 2007 or last year's multi-system sequel, you know theCrysis series has always been about setting up new ways of playing. The innovations each of the games has brought, whether they're multifunctional weapon sets or futuristic interfaces and suits, delivers a great gameplay experience, too.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-24-crysis-3-preview-welcome-back-to-the-jungle

Crytek calls the places you'll visit on your violent travels 'the seven wonders' of the Biodome - having brainstormed the most beautiful (and gameplay-enhancing) natural hubs that the rainforest can provide. They're only lifting the veil on swamps and sweeping grasslands currently, but Angel Falls-style waterfalls cascading off skyscrapers and battles through a forest canopy high above Manhattan's streets are surely on the list...

"A slight issue with the plotline is that Prophet and Psycho must now be well into their 50s, presumably nano-prevented from aging by their suits."

Let's focus on Chinatown, however, where Prophet has come across the bloody aftermath of a battle between CELL and the Ceph. It's an action bubble that's not quite as wide as others in the game - in fact watching a play-through makes it hard to gauge quite how much sand lies within this sandbox - but it's a fantastic demonstration of Prophet the hunter.

It takes place in New York right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but when the port was discovered and later became New Amsterdam there wasnt any jungle environment.

But rather forest environment with seasons like Europe :huh:

But the game looks great anyway.

It takes place in New York right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but when the port was discovered and later became New Amsterdam there wasnt any jungle environment.

But rather forest environment with seasons like Europe :huh:

But the game looks great anyway.

lol.

To clarify for all you historians and scientists out there: The city is simply 'overgrown' and therefo... actually never mind. The next time we meet I'll just slap you on the back of your head.

• 2 months later...

I find it impossible to get excited for Crysis games nowadays.

They always look stunning, but the gameplay sucks massive dick. I don't know whether it's the way I play them, but I just find everything about the gameplay boring.

If I'm not waiting for an energy bar because I was to be sneaky (see above video for lack thereof :P), I'm just pumping lead in to thick bullet sponge aliens.

• 2 weeks later...

Eurogamer:

Crytek unveiled the intriguing Hunter multiplayer survival mode at Gamescom today.

The game's for two teams, for a total of 16 players. There's a 90-second time limit.

On one side are the powerfully armed C.E.L.L. troopers. They start with more players, and their mission is to survive - survive against the Hunters.

The Hunters wear the nanosuits but are armed only with the bow. Each time they kill a C.E.L.L. trooper, the trooper respawns as a Hunter.

A team of seven C.E.L.L. troopers and two Hunters demonstrated the Hunter mode on stage. Slowly but surely, the troopers were converted and the tide turned, until one trooper nervously ran for his life with around 20 seconds to go.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...