Crysis 3 - With New Hat!

Harsin

That looks genuinely fucking amazing. If that's the 360 version then wow what a way to go out. Unlike Crysis 2, the weapons actually look really fun to use and the I Am Legendesque enviroments look incredible....really looks solid.

Hope they put a bit more love into the multiplayer though, Crysis 2's MP is absolutely terribad

Watching those vids in 1080p makes it pretty clear it's the PC version. Simply because the texture detail has that 'ultra' setting "grain" about it :)

I'm sure it'll look great on console, Crysis 2 did.

This is their push for next-gen licensing deals, it'd make sense for them to show it off on crazyperson hardware.

• 1 month later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-23-crysis-3-open-beta-for-pc-ps3-xbox-360-on-29th-january

There's an open multiplayer Crysis 3 beta for all platforms - PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 - only days away: 29th January.

It'll pack two team-based game modes and two maps. The beta will be live for two weeks.

One of the game modes will be Crash Site. In this, you and your team find and defend locations. And you kill the other team.

Hunter!

The other game mode is the inventive new Hunter mode. This starts with two players as Nanosuit-wearing hunters armed with the Predator bow. The other 10 people (14 on PC) are Cell troopers. The hunters hunt the troopers. Each time they kill one, the dead Cell trooper resurrects as a hunter.

The hunters must kill all the Cell troopers before the time runs out.

The two maps you'll play on are Airport and Museum, both located in the rainforest-overrun city of New York.

You'll be able to try out the new Rip & Throw ability, which lets you use the environment as a weapon or shield. You'll be able to take the alien tripod war machine Pinger out for a spin, too.

The multiplayer beta also debuts the Battlelog-like New York Feed. This tracks all the goings on of your chums while also spouting challenges at you to complete.

Crysis 3 is out in full on 21st February in Europe. If you pre-order you'll be upgraded to the Hunter Edition of the game, and you'll be given a free download of Crysis 1.

The Hunter Edition gives you the Predator bow and the Hunter Nanosuit module. The Hunter Edition boosts you up to multiplayer level five, adds a Predator bow skin and some extra dog tags.

Framerate discussion incoming.....

A5eB3OE.jpg

T0o55MW.jpg

AV6GgZs.jpg

Definitely PC version, probably running on some mad dual 690 setup if not pre-rendered with the engine. A 360 control pad maps to the game automatically if one is connected which would explain the way the aiming looks. No doubt it will still look amazing on the 360 like Crysis 2, I played it on console first before buying on PC to replay once I had a machine capable of Ultra at 1080. Hopefully they'll have done some optimisation so it'll still run well on both with whatever graphical extras they've added.

At least it looks like PC players won't have to wait for the ultra textures like last time. Only problem is it's out the same day as the new Metal Gear, cancelled my Dead Space 3 since with this out there's no chance I'll be playing anything else between those 2. Please for the love of God don't be adding microtransaction bollocks to this EA..

Wish they'd fix Crysis 1 on the PC to use a controller properly, Warhead supports it but doesn't change the prompts.

My finger hovered over it in my Steam library the other day but I just assumed it wouldn't have pad support. I'm really pleased about this -- I played the first hour years ago and enjoyed it. (I thought Crysis 2 was a bit lukewarm, and I went right off it after I encountered an unpleasant difficulty spike, dropped the difficulty level to get past it, and then couldn't raise the level again to compensate; so the game became really dull. My wife completed it though. Plus, the story was complete horseshit despite being written by an author who's work I really like.)

Getting back on topic, I've not watched the C3 vids yet. Will do so later.

Well my 7950 copes admirably under the strain. I was hitting a smooth 60fps, until the action got a bit Keystone Kops and it dropped to a low of 30fps. Crysis multiplayer has always left me a little cold, not least because I get deep dickings from the mouse and keyboard crew. That said. it looks bloody lovely and will be a definite day one from me.

post-4334-0-17161800-1359493591_thumb.jp

post-4334-0-79477100-1359493735_thumb.jp

post-4334-0-04381900-1359493892_thumb.jp

Well my 7950 copes admirably under the strain. I was hitting a smooth 60fps, until the action got a bit Keystone Kops and it dropped to a low of 30fps. Crysis multiplayer has always left me a little cold, not least because I get deep dickings from the mouse and keyboard crew. That said. it Looks bloody lovely and will be a definite day one from me.

If it can give me more of a Crysis 1 vibe as opposed to the sequel, then I'll be there. I was awfully disappointed with the route they went on the sequel...however, they have Psycho back in it - albeit in a porky (and differently voiced?) form, so it's already doing something right.

Also, I'm a shameless graphic whore, and it looks rather special on that level!

Well my 7950 copes admirably under the strain. I was hitting a smooth 60fps, until the action got a bit Keystone Kops and it dropped to a low of 30fps. Crysis multiplayer has always left me a little cold, not least because I get deep dickings from the mouse and keyboard crew. That said. it looks bloody lovely and will be a definite day one from me.

I'm not surprised your card could handle it, it's hardly a slouch!! Plus this is being developed with consoles in mind, remember..

Really enjoyed the PC demo for this. Both modes are a lot of fun and it feels a lot more fast paced compared to Crysis 2. The thing I liked the most is that they removed run using energy. Really speeds things up. It won't become my go to multiplayer game or anything but it'll be good for a blast when I eventually get it.

Yeah, I played all of the original Crysis using the pad, was fine.

The original games controller controls are OK. But they revamped them and made them much better for the actual 360 port of the game, basically made them closer to Crysis 2s style.

Where did you get your version from? Te one on Steam fully supports a 360 controller (which is the defacto PC controller imo) for 1, Warhead and 2 with prompts!

Bloody hell I had no idea. I recently bought them again on Steam after originally buying the boxed copies as well. Cheers!

Being an invisible twat is fun though :D One of the reasons why I liked the Hunter mode was due to that and due to the time limit. As a hunter you have to be super quick to get everyone and as a CELL whilst you do have to be cautious you can spot them relatively easily. My automatic shotgun nailed some of those invisible bastards well good :hat: Plus the game will have the classic modes which remove the Nanosuits, apparently that mode's still popular in Crysis 2.