Crysis 3 - With New Hat!

Harsin

What's the deal with this Crysis 3 Open Beta on the xbox dash? I just downloaded it, but instead of actually letting me play anything it just gives me the option to "Download again"; have I done something wrong or do you need to register somewhere or does it go live later or? I only downloaded it because I download every demo.

Thus multiplayer does nothing for me (360 version). Coming from Halo 4 which is the gold standard on Xbox Live as far as I'm concerned thus just feels shabby, unresponsive, and not any fun. Another me too multiplayer mode in a sea of others. I like the Crysis single player games, 1 more than 2, and was hoping to see what the final game will be like. This gives you no idea and visually it's about the same as the last game but it's always hard to tell in multiplayer modes.

If you didn't like the MP in C2 I can't imagine this swaying you. As for the single player, who knows?

I like the C2 single player, cos it's evocotive, not much of a shooter though.

another case of "nice video, shame about the song"?

Ah right ok ta, I'm using a GTX 670 and it's running it very well on Very High with VSync off. High is even better. Be interesting to see how well the full game is optimised. Bought and pre-purchased. This and Metal Gear Solid Revengeance on the same day plus a few days off ? I'll have that, thankyouverymuch!

Yeah same got the same card mr_woo. Running it on high will give me pretty smooth performance but playing BF3 on Ultra and 4x MSAA at a near constant 60fps and then come back to this is a bit of a let down as far as performance goes. Hopefully the singleplayer will be gentler on my machine.

I can't even get it to start on the PC. Gets to the main menu after logging in, I can maybe select a server then it just hangs. Tired going back to old drivers etc but nothing has made the slightest difference, from looking at the origin forums I'm not the only one having this problem.

I'm not bothered about MP at all (only downloaded it to see how it ran) but I just hope I can actually start the SP when it comes out :(

Played this for the first time last night.

First off Holy shit what a beautiful looking game (PC anyway). It was a bit laggy and I'm not sure if that was my PC or the net etc but Ill play around with graphics tonight.

The hunter mode is excellent. Give you a real sense of foreboding and worry as you play. Sometimes you just wanted to run and hide :P. Ill defo pick up the single player