IGNORED

Gitaroo Man

CurryKitten

My wife bought me a PS2 for Xmas with Eyetoy play, so today I went out and managed to find cheap copies of Gitaroo Man and Amplitude (so still searching for ICO)

Wow, Gitaroo man is possibly the most intense Rhythm action game I've ever played. The mix of attacking and defending is a superb structure - although I had issues with the analogue stick not doing as I wanted it to on occasion. Having played trought it once on the nomal difficulty, all I want to do is go back and try to get A's instead of B's this time, and have a go on hard difficulty - or that Master mode thingy that's now appeared.

... and Amplitude.. wow, looks like the PS2 really holds all the card in Rhythm action games (save Donkey Konga). This is really another game that works so well, and is of couse so simple - trying to get the perfect route the keep the multipliers up is fantastic, though I have yet to tackle this in anything resembling remotely difficult.

I really don't have a ponit to make here - i was just pleased with my new games.

I bought Gitaroo Man recently and it's the only game I've played recently that I've loved. I just love it when you get to the Stadium confrontation and it all gets a bit too Bill and Ted (in the future 27th century bit) in music and atmosphere. I just expected U1 to turn round and say 'Be Excellent to each other'.

Wow, it's just such a fun game!

Was just hoping there'd be some more unlocks or something. As I want more game! <_<

And Master Mode is just way too hard! I can't beat level 2 on it yet!

I just got Gitaroo Man too, and have to admit I'm struggling a little bit - on normal mode too! It took me ages to get past that hammer shark boss, although it has been a bit more manageable since. I'm certainly not keen to try it on the hard setting though!

Anyone else finding this game difficult?

Oh, and to echo spanx Ico is a must... frequency was on GAME's website for £4.99 (yes, £4.99!!) - unsurprisingly it's now out of stock <_<

Exile

EDIT: re Frequency on GAME - beaten to it and got the price wrong - d'oh

I spent a good hour today trying to get past level 2 on Master. I got real close on one occasion, but those clever KOEI bods decided it would be 'fun' to randomise the order in which you tackle the onslaught of riff-patterns, so I faffed it in the 'Final' bit.

I will beat it, though. Oh yes.

Eventually.

I think Gitaroo Man is the most topic'd game here, not Halo <_<

Yes, I love it, completed it, but can't even do level 3 on Master mode :( Well, I could barely do the Drum & Bass one on Normal

If you appreciate classical music as well, try Mad Maestro. It's £5 in the Game sale, so not even that much of a risk :(

Frequency is better to start with than Amplitude by the way, and has better songs.

It took me ages to get past that hammer shark boss, although it has been a bit more manageable since. I'm certainly not keen to try it on the hard setting though!

I found the difficulty really variable. No probs until Mojo King Bee who stumped me for a day or so. Then moved on and for some reason found the shark quite easy (well, it only took me a few goes), but I find the defense bit easier than the attack bits. Then found it pretty easy until the Cathedral level, which stumped me for days. Kira was no probs, and then the final confrontation was okay until i got to the Final which blasted me, and I ended up having to randomly stab the circle button to get through the last attack.

Cannot beat level 2 of master. Actually... gonna have another go at it now <_<

It took me ages to get past that hammer shark boss, although it has been a bit more manageable since. I'm certainly not keen to try it on the hard setting though!

I found the difficulty really variable. No probs until Mojo King Bee who stumped me for a day or so. Then moved on and for some reason found the shark quite easy (well, it only took me a few goes), but I find the defense bit easier than the attack bits. Then found it pretty easy until the Cathedral level, which stumped me for days. Kira was no probs, and then the final confrontation was okay until i got to the Final which blasted me, and I ended up having to randomly stab the circle button to get through the last attack.

Cannot beat level 2 of master. Actually... gonna have another go at it now :(

Didn't beat the flying-O's again <_<

Got em to flashing-purple though. So close... soooo close. Next time :(

Anyone else find it unfair that if you get your opponent to zero-energy you still have to play until the end of the song (so could still lose the level yourself if you then mess up), but you lose the level the second you run out of energy?

I'm just grumbling cos I can't beat that bluddy level <_<

Add me to the list of people who's stuck on level 2 of master mode.

I'm giving it another go today. I got so frickin' close yesterday! We'll see.

Level 2 is a breeze compared to Level 3 on master mode.

It ate me alive.

Too......fucking.....fast....

I think I did level 2 on master, but then my PS2 got nicked <_<

I just got Gitaroo Man too, and have to admit I'm struggling a little bit - on normal mode too! It took me ages to get past that hammer shark boss, although it has been a bit more manageable since. I'm certainly not keen to try it on the hard setting though!

Exile

that bloody shark boss is annoying, it just too fast for my slow fingers. I love the guitar playing bits but I am useless at the button bashing bits ;)

the way the game uses the controller is excellent, but its just too hard for me!

Exile

that bloody shark boss is annoying, it just too fast for my slow fingers. I love the guitar playing bits but I am useless at the button bashing bits ;)

the way the game uses the controller is excellent, but its just too hard for me!

Here's how you do it. Get someone who's better to finish the level for you.

LIKE YOUR 3 YEAR OLD SISTER.

for instance.