Ace of Spies - now live on Kickstarter

Thank you folks! And now... I ask a favour...

If you get a minute, can you post up your impressions of the game over on BGG? So far from the weekend we have a grand total of... one bloke, who hated it.

That guys review makes him sound a right cunt. Not Pele's, the other guy.

Indeed. It's fair enough not liking it and it's fair enough writing a negative review...But there's no need to be a twat about it.

Where is Pele's? Is it not visible because I'm not logged in or something?

It's a fucking abhorrent site. It's designed like it's from the early 1990s and it's packed with socially fucking awkward man children that have no sense of propriety and general manners. They trip over themselves to make people sound like idiots and have no empathy for their fellow man.

Most forums are similar, but one thing the Games Expo also compunded is that a building full of people with the social grace of a mentally stunted alsation dog is a bad idea if people aren't looking to get punched in the fucking neck, because I swear to God I nearly decked at least 3 people for just pushing past me without saying "excuse me" or similar. I just imagine those are the kind of people that were there on Saturday.

I'm in a bad mood. Sorry.

• Upvote 2

Nah, plenty of us abound.

Right now there's the following people looking for partners:

Me! Memememe!

AK Bell

Wiper

Fondue

U-1

Filecore

Which is a perfectly rounded number of people. I'd be really happy to double up with AK or Wiper, pretty happy with U-1, relatively comfortable with Fondue and worried with Filecore. Just being honest! Let me know if any of that works for anyone!

Happy to stand out for it, take Paypal on FUND DAY! for half the amount and we'd need to have a gentleman's agreement in place for import costs (handling/duties).

EDIT: In fact, I've just backed it individually, so let me know if you want to double up.

If it add any weight to who buddies up with who, I'm Stoke-on-Trent based so collection in person could be a possibility.. Hell we could even look into a gaming mini-meet to celebrate its arrival :)

It just gets submitted and then needs to be approved or something. I've no idea. It's a community site that's about as conducive to discussion and engagement as pouring acid in your eyes.

I've never dared register. It's useful, but I wouldn't want to actively encourage it.

If it add any weight to who buddies up with who, I'm Stoke-on-Trent based so collection in person could be a possibility.. Hell we could even look into a gaming mini-meet to celebrate its arrival :)

Aye, arranging the multi-pack regionally would make a lot of sense - just as well there's a load of us based around the East Midlands, really!

I really can't stand BGG now and never go there which may be why my boardgame purchasing has slowed down so dramatically. I did click on the link to see what was going on and it's all going a bit wibbly isn't it.

I do think Michael needs to speak to Paco though as he's not going to be making any friends with his angry internet responses and it could hurt sales. I've seen smaller things than that turn the wrath of BGG on a new game and they are the kickstarter boardgame crowd in the US whether you like it or not.

Pele has possibly saved the situation so not only is he a man of enormous stature but an international diplomat as well.

It's a fucking abhorrent site. It's designed like it's from the early 1990s and it's packed with socially fucking awkward man children that have no sense of propriety and general manners. They trip over themselves to make people sound like idiots and have no empathy for their fellow man.

Most forums are similar, but one thing the Games Expo also compunded is that a building full of people with the social grace of a mentally stunted alsation dog is a bad idea if people aren't looking to get punched in the fucking neck, because I swear to God I nearly decked at least 3 people for just pushing past me without saying "excuse me" or similar. I just imagine those are the kind of people that were there on Saturday.

I'm in a bad mood. Sorry.

And in real life you look so nice and cuddly. :mellow:

Pele's review does make it sound like Fluxx (but with rules). I do like big long combinations breaking out.

(PS. The internet is tiring though, isn't it? I flick-read half that first review's thread and I needed to have a small, angry nap).

I think I only got annoyed at one person, but it was the Bring & Buy so I just let it slide until I barged my own way back in. Being 18 stone and very tall meant I just reached over most of the gnomes who got in my way.

Back on topic though - U-1! I forgot you were the Stoke lad! Right, I can double up with any of you 3 then, just flip a coin or PM me, whoever gets there first and deposits a MILLION POUNDS (half the stake) via PayPal gets in on my pledge.

Pele's review does make it sound like Fluxx (but with rules). I do like big long combinations breaking out.

(PS. The internet is tiring though, isn't it? I flick-read half that first review's thread and I needed to have a small, angry nap).

Like I said there, never played Fluxx, but the interaction/interrupt piece is half the game. The other half being trying to complete missions and collect the cards in the first place. I lost because I played everything and couldn't get back up again, so everyone battered me - I suspect there are many nuances around when to complete a mission as well as when you should attack someone else, particularly in a big group. We didn't even play Agents in one of the 2 ways they could be played, so plenty of scope for more to happen on there.

We were at the end of a day, frazzled, and just being dicks to be honest. Apart from Donk. Donk looks like he takes his card games very very seriously.

Like I said there, never played Fluxx, but the interaction/interrupt piece is half the game. The other half being trying to complete missions and collect the cards in the first place. I lost because I played everything and couldn't get back up again, so everyone battered me - I suspect there are many nuances around when to complete a mission as well as when you should attack someone else, particularly in a big group. We didn't even play Agents in one of the 2 ways they could be played, so plenty of scope for more to happen on there.

We were at the end of a day, frazzled, and just being dicks to be honest. Apart from Donk. Donk looks like he takes his card games very very seriously.

You should play Fluxx. It's not really a very good game at all, but it is quite good fun. Sometimes. Ish.

Paco fascinates me. I had to stop listening to his podcast because he just cannot be wrong. Last time I listened, he was laying into WotC's copyright rules on D&D 4th edition because you're not allowed to use any text from the monster manual as flavour text in any of your own scenarios. I think he might have been just trying to win argument points.

Yeah, exaclty.

He reminds me a bit of the dude from Three Moves Ahead. Very pleasant chap on Twitter though.

Back on topic though - U-1! I forgot you were the Stoke lad! Right, I can double up with any of you 3 then, just flip a coin or PM me, whoever gets there first and deposits a MILLION POUNDS (half the stake) via PayPal gets in on my pledge.

Bugger too slow :)

Well I'm still in the market to double up.. Erm although how does that even work if I have already pledged for the $45 option, assume you can amend your pledge/reward tier? I'm pretty new to this kickstarter stuff.

Yeah, you can change your pledge right up the end. So I just amended mine from $55 ($25 + $30 shipping) to $75 ($45 + $30 shipping) and re-authorised with Amazon.

And sorry dude! Couldn't think of a way to solve it without insulting someone so thought I'd leave it to time and opportunity to resolve!

Bugger too slow :)

Well I'm still in the market to double up.. Erm although how does that even work if I have already pledged for the $45 option, assume you can amend your pledge/reward tier? I'm pretty new to this kickstarter stuff.

As Pele says, you can modify your pledge (even cancel it) if needs be. Also, don't forget:

I've emailed the folks at Albino Dragon to see if they'll set up a multi-copy option. Will let you folks know asap.

So we may be able to do more than just pair up!

Nah, plenty of us abound.

Right now there's the following people looking for partners:

Which is a perfectly rounded number of people. I'd be really happy to double up with AK or Wiper, pretty happy with U-1, relatively comfortable with Fondue and worried with Filecore. Just being honest! Let me know if any of that works for anyone!

Totally understandable, no worries! Happy to wire money to someone prior to them backing it. Will wait and see for the moment what the publishers come back with re: a multi option.

Wow - played this at UK Gaming Expo. Real Ticket to Ride vibe but with an excellent back-stabbing take that element that I feel raised it above the norm. Really enjoyed the game and have backed it on Kickstarter. Can't recommend highly enough.....

Hope it hits the target - best of luck Michael and Mark...