IGNORED

Healthy Breakfast

Fletch

Well for the first time in my life I made scrambled eggs in the microwave this morning - they turned out great and no pan to clean!

Took about 3 mins in the microwave with lots of stirring throughout. Normally I would do them in the pan, but this was an at work breakfast.

• 4 weeks later...

I put the pan immediately under hot running water, add a tiny neat amount of washing up liquid and give it a quick brush and rinse. Never a problem.

Other than the fact it'll knacker your pan, especially if it's non-stick. You need to leave it to cool first.

For me, breakfast is always two boiled eggs and either Weetabix or porridge made with full fat milk. This has two advantages: 1) I can sort lunches and feed the baby while the eggs are boiling 2) it keeps me full until lunch, so I don't snack.

At weekends, the eggs are either scrambled or made into an omelette

I'm sure it'll be fine. It's not a super expensive one but the quality is decent - it's Ikea's most expensive one I think. I bought a friend of mine a shit hot Iitala one that was discounted as it was the last one in an end of line series. It was over £100 but originally probably double that. The two pans are quite similar, his looks better and is a touch thicker. Neither of them will ever warp through cooking I shouldn't think, though I'm not plunging the thing into ice water.

I did some hard boiled eggs for the missus and boy the other day using the Heston or Delia method (can't remember which) and damn it's good!

Nicked a hairy bikers 'diet' recipe this morning, Crumpets with fresh fruit and greek yoghurt. It was absolutely delicious.

Dry-frying the berries with some mixed spice makes the flavours much more intense, and you can't beat warm fruit and cool yoghurt mixed together. Hard to believe it's so low in calories considering how delicious it tastes.

img20120811094710.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone help me solve a dilema. I'm trying to loss some weight, and trying to find the healthiest breakfast cereal. What is the best out of these two? (Main difference is carbs/sugars)

All Bran (per 100g):

Energy: 335kcal

Protein: 14.3g

Carb: 48.4g

Sugars:15.5g

Porridge (per 100g):

Energy: 356kcal

Protein: 11.0g

Carb: 60g

Sugars:1.5g

??

The carbs will be more energy dense than the sugar, so the All Bran? Plus the sugars are less likely to be stored as fat. I imagine most people in this folder will tell you to stay away from cereal generally speaking though, if you're trying to lose weight.

The carbs will be more energy dense than the sugar, so the All Bran? Plus the sugars are less likely to be stored as fat. I imagine most people in this folder will tell you to stay away from cereal generally speaking though, if you're trying to lose weight.

Cheers. Yeah trying to avoid carbs, but the breakfast is proving quote hard to do anything else due to work etc.

No, not the All Bran. Never the All Bran.

If you want to avoid carbs, avoid cereal. Better to simply not have breakfast than eat such cereals in my opinion, but oats over everything in the cereal world if you want something like that.

No, not the All Bran. Never the All Bran.

If you want to avoid carbs, avoid cereal. Better to simply not have breakfast than eat such cereals in my opinion, but oats over everything in the cereal world if you want something like that.

Porridge it is then Poet! I seem to recall nutrition is your profession or something similar, so trust your advice. Will try to cut cereals at some stage but it's quite difficult to do at work right now.

Ok im also beginning the trying to lose weight thing. Annoyingly I'm pretty active (pedometer says I do between 4,000 and 6,000 steps a day and I've just bought an exercise bike and have started on 2km twice a day hoping to build it up).

So, I'm probably doing this wrong so first thing to check: are the microwave in 2 mins porridge packs ok or not? I'm on them as if nothing else it gets me eating less quantity at breakfast but eat or avoid?

Worst thing ever. Like someone saying it's really hard to stop punching themselves in the balls.

"I mean I want to but I just can't help my *ARGH!!!* self" *sobbing sounds*

Ironic username.

Chill out mate it was just a question about cereal, I did mention I would like to stop but because of work it's just not practical.

Suitable username.