IGNORED

Call of Duty - Black Ops II (Future Warfare!)

The Mighty Ash

Urgh, about 4 hours of play and I think i'm ready to trade for Far Cry 3. It's just so repetitive and one note. First game of the night i'm always like "this is really good fun", then 3 games later i'm very much done.

This isn't me slagging the game, it's just clearly not for me anymore. I even played Cod4 recently and was pretty bored after about 3 goes, although I have played that for over 1000 hours. I think if you ran about half the speed, took twice the amount of bullets to die and the maps were 30% bigger i'd really love it. But thats me pretty much describing Halo 4 so I think I should just stick with that!

It is unbelievably frustrating watching kill cams that are nothing like what actually happened though. I'm surprised designers allow kill cams into their online games cos all you're doing is giving your users ammunition to throw hate your way

It is unbelievably frustrating watching kill cams that are nothing like what actually happened though. I'm surprised designers allow kill cams into their online games cos all you're doing is giving your users ammunition to throw hate your way

Killcams are a valid anti-camping feature, why don't you try dying less?

I wonder if there's anyone like me out there.

More or less a complete newcomer to CoD.

Have no idea what half of this stuff even means (domination, mercenary moshpit, hardpoint, perks, scorestreaks).

Consistently finish bottom third of the leaderboards and play exclusively free-for-all matches due to aforementioned lack of knowledge and confidence in other game modes..

Absolutely hopeless at aiming , particularly long range and play in fear of being featured in World's Stupidest Blops Players!!!1 videos.

Get knifed in increasingly embarrasing circumstances.

Yet somehow, against all odds, find it impossible to pry themselves off the thing.

Absolutely loving this game.

Yeah, definitely try some TDM or Domination so you can follow a team and find your feet with less pressure constantly on yourself. It's good you enjoy it anyway.

I haven't played online yet, but Sandy Ravage reckons the MSR with select fire (full auto) is a good counter to the SMG rushers, maybe you guys could try it?:

Campaign:

That Avenged Sevenfold ending was so weird. I want Eminem back :(

Shotgun w/ Overkill and an assault rifle (I recommend the Swat 556) is another good counter for the SMG guys. The Remington 870 or whatever it's called is the favoured gun of the grim reaper himself. One hit kill at a decent range with the shotgun, one burst kill at longer range with the Swat.

I would echo other people in this thread and suggest Domination for newcomers. Not only are you part of a team, but there's more predictability to where enemies are going to be, and with the rebalancing of scores you get most points for securing objectives, giving you better chance of reaching scorestreaks.

I'm close to prestiging for the first time and look forward to going through unlocking shizz all over again.

I just prestiged this afternoon. I think I'll get part way through then move on to another game for a few weeks.

I'm really enjoying it but don't want to get bored playing the same maps out of habit.

Talking of extra maps, the PSN season pass is still showing at £41.99 on the store, yet according to the call of duty website it should be £35.

http://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/blackops2/seasonpass

Somehow I was on fire playing this early evening. 21-3 on a league play game (I ended up with something like a 12 killstreak, about 6 times my usual, so I was wishing I had put some decent score streaks on), some more solid games then a ridiculous shotgun rampage on Carrier. It's great fun playing the game like that.

To the dude that wanted Turtle Beach cans - the XP500s are 89 bones on gamestop.co.uk which is less than half price given they are £200 rrp.

Good for 360, PS3 and PC I believe.

Do the research first etc, but looks a good price.

Better than X42s?