IGNORED

Day Z, The Road with Zombies

James Ape

These are my specs, hopefully the standalone won't require much more or i probably will need some upgrade.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (@ 2833MHz)

4gb RAM

NVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Vista 32 bit

22" monitor (1680x1050)

I have mumble and Fraps running in the background aswell, works fine for me.

Seems there are a few of us with similar systems, mine is a Q6600 2.4ghz and radeon 5670, I bought it on eBay over a year ago for about £160 so you don't have to spend a fortune :)

I have the game on some pretty crappy settings though, get 10-30fps, although when tearing about on the bike it seems to go to about 5fps :(

I play on a Q6600 @ 3.5 ghz and a gtx260. Usually get between 20-30 fps. A big difference to the look of the game, for me at least, was making sure both the resolutions were the same. For some reason the 3d one was different whih made everything look shit. I don't get brilliant draw distances though.

That worked for me too, seems to be running about 10fps better now.

Took the bike west from camp, right up to the NW corner and then across the top of the whole map, found one decent tent and have swapped out my AKM for the AK with the green dot sight. Got excited when I spotted a group of four tents near Guber but between them all was just some patrol packs, makarov ammo and civillian clothing :(

Then headed SW back to camp where the helicopter flew over my head and they thought it would be funny to fire some shots near me. I shat myself when the chopper then landed not far away but it turned out they were just raiding a crashed chopper. I went over but there was only a FAL and painkillers left.

I was making my way towards the original camp location and came across what I thought was a crashed chopper. When I got close though it was on it's side, there was no sign of any kit (I did a thorough search) and I had the option to save it. Also there were no zombies. Is this just a cleaned-out crashed chopper or a flyable one that's been totalled?

Sadly not. I've had a good trek around this morning. I picked up an AK-74 at the Elektro power station, I came past there again later on and nipped in again, this time I got an M16, nice! Heading east out of Elektro I came across a body with a FAL and 9 mags. Upgrades.

I've heard a helicopter overhead near Elektro, but have yet to see it. Also when I was creeping through Elektro after spawning earlier on I was surprised to see a tractor and a bus come through. I was tempted to get on but I had no gear at that stage so just kept my head down.

I bought a soldier skin but it looks really low res and crappy, is this normal?

I have the soldier skin with the red beret, and it's low-res.

I had no weapon, and thought I was heading to Gorka, when a Swedish guy in a white pickup stopped and started beeping at me. We had a chat about skins and donations, and then he gave me an M1911 and a compass and asked me to drive him to the NW airfield. Turns out we were actually by Stary, so checked that out. Then I drove him up to the airfield where he found me an AKM while I sat in the car. While we were looting the hangars two guys showed up on an ATV and scrambler. The guy I was with asked if they had a Bizon mag, and they gave him one (oo err) and then drove off. My guy was weirdly excited about it and kept saying "EPIC GUN" while shooting every zombie he could see. I left him to it while I checked out the rest of the hangars. I found him a couple of clips for his DMR, but when I went back he'd gone. I guess I'd gone out of range and he'd thought I'd left him. I checked the player list but I didn't see his name, so I have no idea what happened to his truck.

I ran to the barracks with the bench in the doorway and lost nearly all my blood trying to get over it, with zombies hitting me from behind. There was bugger all in there, and after I'd killed the billion zombies I legged it out of there to Vybor.

If anyone is near Vybor I could do with a transfusion. And I picked up a CZ50 sniper rifle if anyone wants it.