IGNORED

Day Z, The Road with Zombies

James Ape

Having 9 of us on Wasteland last night was awesome.

At least Two teamkills by crushing each other with base parts and one fatal shooting incident. Along with a spiffing base in Gorka that was raided by a tank and paratroopers, all attacks were repelled!

Highlight for me was logging in . building a quick road block and a Blufor SUV driving in and murdering all five of the occupants at close range with a G36k from point blank range. Oh Hai there!

Right, I've got this working again after reinstalling Arma2. Jumped on a random server and fell back in love instantly. A couple of things seemed to have changed in my hiatus from the game. There is a gun condition indicator and the starting equipment seems to have changed for the better (unless it was specific to the server I was playing on.

Are Team Clusterfuck still playing, if not, those who are playing, what server do you play on?

Awww shit, no-one? Feel like I've just wasted the cash tbh.

We gave up because the game was getting hacked all the time. We're now playing wasteland which is a different arma2 mod, there are a few of us still on, we use mumble to chat whilst playing, the details are in the first post I think. There is usually a few on in the evenings, jump on in!

Hey don't forget my splendid driving skills for your mega kill Raane! We were a solid unit.

5 man stunt jump was the moment of the night. Arrange a ramp, get 5 men to lie down with the addition of a parked car and WHOOOSH! clear the lot...well, killing Raane at the end but that doesn't count. haha.

I know none of this has anything to do with DayZ, just Arma2 but it's all good fun whilst we wait for stand alone.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish these geeks wouldn't try and act as interviewers/hosts. It's a tad cringe worthy at times. As much as I love the vision of Rocket I don't believe his commentary skills add anything to the visual aspects of the game, I kind of wish they would just show a few short game play clips with some spooky music.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as they talk about the engine being "Arma 2.5" it's basically all of the Arma 3 stuff, they've got the clothing/gear customisation system, the character stances, the lighting, the physics, etc.

I get the feeling they said it was "Arma 2.5" because they expected to get the standalone out before 3 launches.

• 1 month later...