Day Z, The Road with Zombies

James Ape

Is anyone in here playing this on a Mac? How does it hold up? I've been loving the stories in this thread, but I'm desperate to play it myself.

I'm going to be putting it on my mac pro this weekend. I'll let you know how it holds up. First I have to bootcamp the drive and put windows on.

I found another survivor in an aircraft hangar at the southern airport. He was facing away from me looting something. I hadn't killed any non zombies before this but just couldn't resist shooting him from behind.

In doing so I went from having pretty much nothing to having a map, knife, shotgun, loads of painkillers and a lot more. I turned into a bandit straight away and then spent the next half hour hoping no one would see me until my backup arrived.

:wub:

Also this was just posted on the Day Z forums..

we tested it yesterday, apparently, if you walk, you don't get thirsty for hours, in contrast to running/sprinting. if you run, you have to drink every 30 minutes or so.

That's awesome. I want to go bandit hunting!

Is the skin not decided by your humanity rating? As in, if you act as a medic or shoot walkers and bandits you gain humanity, if you shoot survivors then you lose humanity, drop below zero and you get the bandit skin. I think if you get your humanity back up, you get the survivor skin again.

I've never found drink to be a problem. Food on the other hand...

Does anyone have a server they try and get on or is it whatever you can log into. Also why do some servers have higher version numbers than the officially released packs?

Think they do beta testing on the new versions, files not available for download.

Food and blood/protein rich food is top of my agenda when i log back in. If I can see in front of me...

I really don't like there's no way to heal yourself except blood packs, WHICH YOU CAN'T FUCKING ADMINISTER YOURSELF. If you're out in the wilderness you may as well kill yourself.

That'd be quite cool actually. Have one bullet left so you can suicide your way out of the game.

The servers you can't access due to higher version number are set up for the Arma II beta which can be downloaded and installed yourself.

Some of us tend to play on the beta servers due to them generally being easier to get on and when there are 4+ of us trying to get onot the same server which is already full it can take a while.

I can't wait till 5 to get home and get this up and running. I got home really late last night, but I had set ARMA free Steam and none, ARMA 2 pirated, OA and the patcher all downloading and they were all complete. I couldn't face stitching it together though. I am pumped and primed now though.

I really don't like there's no way to heal yourself except blood packs, WHICH YOU CAN'T FUCKING ADMINISTER YOURSELF. If you're out in the wilderness you may as well kill yourself.

That'd be quite cool actually. Have one bullet left so you can suicide your way out of the game.

See I really like that. The fact that if you get into deep shit, it's really tough to recover from (as I guess it would be). It's makes things super tense and every encounter a potentially fatal one. I think things like health packs would ruin the game.

Dumb question: If you return to a previous server, does it remember your progress? Or is every server connection a new game, for you?

You have one character across all servers.

The only things that are per server are tents and vehicles (I think)

Just FYI, you can spot a bandit because theyll be wearing the bandit skin, which is the tan colour outfit with a headscarf :)

Thanks they were a bandit then. :) I guess they were used to picking people off as opposed to confrontations at close quarters (not that my old reactions would have been able to do much about it should they have attacked me).

Bloody hell, jsut had an intense game there. Made it out of Cherno (which is no mean feat considering its mostly populated by zombies and bandits), but on my way out a random zombie clipping through a wall took a swipe at me and injured me. I just ran, and hid behind a wall to heal up and get some food/water into me. Once i was done i crept back out of my hidey hole, and saw a bandit crouching over a dead body looting him. I didnt hesitate for a second, capped that fucker in the back of the head. He didnt have much on him, but i took his alice pack at least.

Kept heading east, and came across a small farm, crept through, found bugger all loot but aggroed 2 zombies, i let them chase me into the woods, then turned around and killed them with my winchester, safe from the aggro radius of any other zeds. Kept going til i found a barn, my footsteps alerted another zombie, i had to take him out, and ducked into the barn to get out of sight. Walked up a flight of steps to the upper level and looked around, only to realize there was a monkey zombie up there, and 3 zombies hiding behind crates on the first floor! The following shootout attracted every zombie in the area, ended up killing 9 of the fuckers. I survived, and the place turned out to be littered with weapons, ammo, food and meds. Fucking goldmine!

I heard the castles are supposed to house some nice gear. I didn't really find much the other day, but can anyone confirm that they're a good place to loot?

The one I was at (Don't know if there's more than one) I could hear zombie moans coming from inside the castle walls. I'm not sure if that means you can get in there, or they were just bugged and stuck inside.

I heard the castles are supposed to house some nice gear. I didn't really find much the other day, but can anyone confirm that they're a good place to loot?

The one I was at (Don't know if there's more than one) I could hear zombie moans coming from inside the castle walls. I'm not sure if that means you can get in there, or they were just bugged and stuck inside.

Ive never made it to the castles, but so far the best loot spots ive found were the power station in elektro, and weirdly, this little farmstead between cherno and elektro. The barn had a lee enfield, a CZ, 2 crossbows, riddled with food, ammo, meds and anything else you could need.

Ive never made it to the castles, but so far the best loot spots ive found were the power station in elektro, and weirdly, this little farmstead between cherno and elektro. The barn had a lee enfield, a CZ, 2 crossbows, riddled with food, ammo, meds and anything else you could need.

I found some great loot in the power station. I also got a bullet in the back of the head, so I'm cautious to go back. At the moment I've basically worked my way from Grozovy Pass (The very top left of the map), after I ended up there during one of my mad rambles.

I'm guessing that there was no one within at least 8-10 Km of me, which made me feel much safer. Though, It's been so long since I've seen another person I fear I might be turning a bit feral.

Yeah, the engine is ropey as fuck. Getting in and out of buildings with normal doors is a nightmare.

I've read that apparently that is simulating you holding a rifle or whatever out in front of you. I've no idea if that's what it is meant to be or if that's just an excuse for not fixing it.

because, obviously, you couldn't raise it up to go through a door.

Some bandit twat tried to explain away all the problems the other day about it being a soldier simulator and all that, until someone pointed out "FUCKING ZOMBIES". I just keep telling myself it's in alpha. Someone mentioned the other day one of the devs sounded out whether people would pay for a standalone version.