rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

Well, I think you're wrong on every point there and if you consider gore and nudity depraved (and it's very interesting you consider nudity to be as immature and repellant as graphic violence) then maybe go and watch Doctor Who or Glee or something.

As for the scene haunting you for the rest of your life... You need to live more, or at least admit that it takes a bold, quality show to provoke that reaction.

I understand your points regarding the nudity, I might've exaggerated a tad bit on that part. It's just all over the place though and I don't get the function. I'm 99% sure they got Carice van Houten because she's a Dutch actress and Dutch actors, no matter what they star in, will for some reason always have sex/naked scenes. I get that ma' country is liberal regarding that but just comes off as annoying to me. :lol:

At least Spartacus had 2 cocks on display for every pair of tits!

I'm not sure what my life has to do with that scene though. It might be to blame due to due to me being ill and oversensitive pretty much everything now. Hell even typing this post requires me to make use of all my energy. FML.

(honestly this fucking sucks)

• Upvote 1

I'm in this Metal genre facebook group and wanted to hear their opinions about my opinion. I didn't want to copy the wall of text as facebook's format is shit.

ibfcH5I4ncQSwu.jpg

This fucking guy :lol:

Don't know if the reasoning I gave is true or not, as I've not ventured in this thread much before, but I guess that's the origin of the thread title right?

Maybe it's because he's an American.

So what changes would you propose VN1X?

I'd propose defriending that guy.

If it took you to season 4 episode 8 to complain about the nudity and gore, what is your stance really?

Nudity isn't immature and repellent, but GoT's use of it frequently is.

I agree with a lot of VN1X's post. The show needs some light to make the constant shade more effective.

I think as the show went on, they have toned it down. I can't remember much nudity from the last season.

Also V1NX, have you seen the final episode of season 4? I'm curious to see your thoughts on it.

That is, allegedly, HBO's policy - put loads of T&A in the first series of a programme, lure in all the pervs, and then dial it back once they're hooked. I say "allegedly" because I have no idea at all if this is true and it sounds a bit internet folklore.

That is, allegedly, HBO's policy - put loads of T&A in the first series of a programme, lure in all the pervs, and then dial it back once they're hooked. I say "allegedly" because I have no idea at all if this is true and it sounds a bit internet folklore.

It's true; the showrunners have confirmed it in interviews.

Cinemax are rather more consistent with their nudity, and viewers can look forward to the regular generous helpings of breasts once the new series of Banshee and Strike Back return.

I suspect they didn't expect such mainstream success for GoT but were expecting it to be almost entirely male audience so filled it with tits.

why is that not a valid criticism?

I didn't realise it was a criticism. The way he said "At least" kind of suggests he was saying it was a positive thing.

Just finished series 4 in one go. That Martin guy must have a few words like 'thou shall not have a happy ending' nailed to one of his wall when writing these books.