IGNORED

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

Daley

What had he done wrong before that? He's always seemed like a pretty decent guy.

Well, he does seem like a nice guy but has probably directly and indirectly killed as many people as anyone including half of Stannis army with wildfire, his dad, his (ex) lover. I'd say he always has good intentions but occasionally murders people so I don't think that makes him a shining example of good.

Hmm I didn't notice the body double stitching. Partly because I felt uncomfortable looking too closely in the context of that scene but it didn't seem to me that her body looked much younger than it should. I thought Cersei whapped em out briefly a couple of times before. Maybe I was thinking of 300.

An aside: Rebecca van Cleave is remarkably beautiful.

And his Dad and ex were twathats.

Don't really get the Shae hate. She's a lower class woman which means in the GoT world she has next to no rights, or power, or basically anything. She also seemed to genuinely like Tyrion. She lied at his trial because she was manipulated and had no other choice. Same with the Tywin situation. She has nothing and is doing everything she can just to survive, surely.

She was angry at him and so basically got him executed? Seems quite an extreme reaction. I was under the impression Cersei was forcing her testimony. I may have misremembered though. Or it may not ever have explicitly been said.

Btw, sneaking into an enemy camp at night and setting fires is literally how the Romans beat the Carthaginian Army sent to stop them when Scipio invaded Africa. And the Carthaginians had an army of tens of thousands.

Was that 20 people though?

Scipio left a small detachment to guard his own camp, moved the bulk of his army up and sent half of those to raid the Carthaginian camp. Then when the Carthaginians were thrown into confusion, the other half of the Roman army moved in on them. Quite different.

(Considering he landed in Africa with 35 000 men, and left 2 000 in his own camp, this means he had about 33 000 men with him, of whom about 16 500 would have participated in the raid, with the rest coming in later. However, figures for classical battles are of course highly dubious.)

Well, I still think its a bit unrealistic how none of the Carthaginians noticed an entire Roman army of 16,000 men sneaking into their camp, but ok...I guess when you think about it 20 is a lot more unrealistic.

The huts having been, as I stated above, almost specially constructed for the purpose of catching fire, once the front ranks of the Romans had set the fire alight it spread at once over the first row, and made the evil irremediable owing to the closeness of the huts to each other and the quantity of the fuel it fed on. Laelius remained to cover the operation, and Massanissa, knowing the places by which those who were trying to escape from the flames would have to pass, stationed his own men at those posts. Absolutely none of the Numidians had any suspicion of the actual fact, not even Syphax, but they all supposed that the camp had caught fire by accident. So that suspecting nothing, some of them aroused from sleep and others surprised while still drinking and carousing, they rushed out of their huts. Many were trampled to death in the passages that led out of the camp, and many others were caught by the flames and consumed, while all those who escaped from the fire fell into the midst of the enemy and perished without knowing what was happening to them or what they were doing.

Meanwhile the Carthaginians, when they saw the strength of the fire and the volume of flame that rose to the sky, thinking that the Numidian camp had caught fire by accident, rushed some of them to give assistance, while all the rest, flocking out of their camp unarmed, stood in front of it in a state of terror at what was taking place.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Polybius/14*.html

She was angry at him and so basically got him executed? Seems quite an extreme reaction. I was under the impression Cersei was forcing her testimony. I may have misremembered though. Or it may not ever have explicitly been said.

You know nothing, John0...

...sorry.

So I was thinking maybe Mellisandre had The Watch murder Jon Snow. Then maybe when they were saying "For The Watch" they meant that they were doing it because she told them The Lord Of Light was going to empower them in some way if they did it.