Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books Don't Exist. The Posters Don't Exist. Trailers DEFINITELY Don't Exist. Newspaper Articles Don't Exist. Extras Don't Exist. Theories on Subreddits Don't Exist. That Guy At Work Who Watches It Live Doesn't Exist.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, I finally started watching this. I am at the end of episode 2. It is, hands down, 100%, maybe 110% THE most stupid thing I have ever watched. 

How on EARTH is this so popular? 

I can't be bothered to go back of the last thousand pages of this thread, but is there *any* one else who hates this as much as I do? Or is this really just unanimously adored? Genuinely, honestly, gobsmacked if so. 

(I will keep watching it though, just to make sure it is 115% stupid.)

56 minutes ago, Tourist said:

Guys, I finally started watching this. I am at the end of episode 2. It is, hands down, 100%, maybe 110% THE most stupid thing I have ever watched. 

I can't be bothered to go back of the last thousand pages of this thread, but is there *any* one else who hates this as much as I do? Or is this really just unanimously adored? Genuinely, honestly, gobsmacked if so. 

You know nothing. 

5 hours ago, Tourist said:

I didn't get it at first. I openly questioned on FB why people enjoyed it but then after a few more episodes I was totally gripped. Just stick with it, you'll soon be enthralled.

I originally saw the first couple of episodes with friends and thought it was a rubbish cross between Eastenders and Lord of the rings. 

Then about a year later, my then housemate and his girlfriend were working their way through it and I kept catching more episodes with them and that's what got me into it.

16 hours ago, Tourist said:

The first season is the best one. If you don't like that bail. 

Or or carry on hate watching and spouting off about it if that's your thing. 

It's not that I don't find it compelling, or oddly watchable. I just think it is slightly risible but also horribly racist and sexist - so far anyway. And the justification for that seems to be that, well, that's what medieval society was like, but actually, that's not quite true, and also actually, this isn't a medieval society it is a work of someone's imagination and I find it odd that of all the bits they have cherrypicked from what they think medieval society was like, they chose to cherrypick the bits that were racist and sexist (and then ramped them up for maximum titillation). It just feels a bit creepy and mildly exploitative. Like I say, will keep watching. Thanks for all the feedback.