Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

18 minutes ago, Nicky said:

is it out there then?

Script details are. I know someone who read them all (fuck knows why) and said everything he read has so far happened.

Seriously though, just imagine spending 8 years watching a TV series to just go and read the plot details of the final season cause you're impatient. Fucking ridiculous.

I’ve done the opposite, I watched the first season and a bit of the second and have jumped back in on the last two episodes :)

was pretty epic TV, but I was left imagining if she had rocked up with three dragons....,

Not as crazy as the million people who signed a petition to get the final season remade. 

Now i I may not be happy with everything that’s been done, but people have some serious entitlement issues to deal with 

22 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Script details are. I know someone who read them all (fuck knows why) and said everything he read has so far happened.

Seriously though, just imagine spending 8 years watching a TV series to just go and read the plot details of the final season cause you're impatient. Fucking ridiculous.

I stumbled across them before Christmas and they've been spot on so far...

From a comment I read:

E3 villain: the Night King

E4 villain: Cersei

E5 villain: Dany (or Bran)

As my last word on Dany, I'd like to compare her to Stannis, because they've both been similarly portrayed in terms of their actions, and yet lots of fans have separated them on the good-evil spectrum until now. It's maybe the case that viewers' love for Dany deviated her course somewhat to satisfy them? Only Gurm might know. I think it shows what a difference their themes made (uplifting versus sombre), but most of all how predisposed we are to grizzled men and pretty women by convention. Hence Cersei's against-type popularity.

Thrones' error was in not going the extra mile to highlight a great many viewers' oversights re: Dany's morality. Her heel turn was undercooked for sure, but the fact that some were caught completely off-guard by it is the real problem. It just needed more transition to bridge viewers without insulting the more alert ones' intelligence.

21 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Wasn't there a somewhat popular petition calling for the most recent Star Wars trilogy to be scrapped and remade?

The entitlement of some fans is hilarious. 

yu159lgsq4z21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Those thinking Bran had a hand in The Bells simply have nothing to go on.  Just like the Night King/Bran theories.  There has been sod all to substantiate these bigger theories and they won't and can't spend time on a left turn like that.

The only way Bran would pull a Bran is if something happens adjacent to him, but I don't think they're gonna march back to Winterfel for that.  Which leads me to believe unless Sansa comes down south to agitate for Jon, that's the last we've seen of her.

All the writing is so proximal now.  It's all blunt force trauma. 

Besides, why would Bran give a shit.  He's not Bran anymore.

Bit of fun but anyone who has apple maps on the iPhone /iPads search for The Titanic Exhibition Centre in Belfast. right beside it is the kings landing set from last week that you can check out and explore  In 3D  (also the titanic studios where they film the series) 

53 minutes ago, papalazarou said:

Bit of fun but anyone who has apple maps on the iPhone /iPads search for The Titanic Exhibition Centre in Belfast. right beside it is the kings landing set from last week that you can check out and explore  In 3D  (also the titanic studios where they film the series) 

Hah, that’s so cool. 

4 hours ago, PopeSmokesDope said:

I stumbled across them before Christmas and they've been spot on so far...

Lying. Reddit suggests solid spoilers have been out there for about six weeks at most, and only really confirmed in the last few weeks. Without clicking through the spoilers I can’t be sure, but it looks like they’re still not 100% sure on the ending.

Man just finished S4 on the rewatch and The Hound v Brienne of Tarth was so much better than Hound v Mountain. Also The Watchers on the wall episode was brilliant. I think the series peaked at S4.

Got a day off tomorrow so might try to find a stream. Last time I did that for a show was Lost, which was a disappointment, but this will be totally different as the disappointment was a couple of episodes ago.

New credits

Spoiler

Seemed to be tents outside Winterfell? Or was it just the trenches no longer burning. I thought I saw something else. 

Walls of King’s Landing obviously fucked.

But the map room was cool; split right across The Neck. Foreshadowing two realms?

Two dragon heads down, one to go.

The lion in the window behind the Iron Throne gone.

Anyone spot anything else?

Dany’s hair. I’ve hated those bloody plaits for ages, and they’ve gotten more and more numerous. 

Spoiler

Just realised they’ve been working towards making her head look like it’s totally made up of scales. More and more dragon. 

It’s still shit though.

Also, the dubbing is shocking, and the blending with blue screen shots has been awful all fucking season.

Hate grandeur at the cost of the simple things.