rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

I thought the

we'll see in about 10 years

line was more or less an acknowledgement that everyone would go their separate ways, but inevitably be back when enough of their careers had fizzled out to do a Friends-style (probably Scrubs style) Season 9. 

I enjoyed it. I sort of came to peace that the show was a different beast a few seasons back.

Spoiler

It's just a shame that the Jon/Dany moment (from madness to death) was the conclusion of about what? 60-100mins? Felt like it was a 4-6 episode conclusion (at least) squeezed into 1 episode. I don't know, I also grumbled in earlier seasons that often felt like 8 episodes of (high quality) yapping and 2 episodes of shit hitting the fan. 

Spoiler

I kind of felt there was an entire half season's worth of story that could have been told about tyrant Danny's rampage across Westeros, which would eventually lead up to what Jon has to do. Have to end it sometime though I suppose.

tempted to re-read Feast for Crows and Dance of Dragons now... TWOW can't be that far away now SURELY?!

Spoiler

I really like Jon’s ending and I mentioned in the thread earlier that he would end up alone and go his separate ways and be free.

Even better that he ended up back with Ghost who got his good boy cuddle, although Snow could have been a bit more excited to see him! 

8 minutes ago, scottcr said:

tempted to re-read Feast for Crows and Dance of Dragons now... TWOW can't be that far away now SURELY?!

Just a few, short, decades to go...

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

I think we now know why it had to be 6 episodes long: petting the direwolf used up half the effects budget.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Pete said:

So can we assume Bran 

Hide contents

was warging into Jon's dragon the whole time? I'm glad that's sort of a mystery, as is brans relationship with the night king.

The problem now is that we're either drawn to assume that...

Bran's Keyser Soze, or a completely redundant leaf in the wind. The middle ground's to accept a fudge where he only gets to see events at random, which is the least satisfying solution because it's the only one that fits without further insight. Deduction says the writers were lazy, in other words, leaving an invitation to use our imaginations to take up their slack.

If Dany's Nazi Venger, Bran's the Dungeon Master.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, scottcr said:

2020 at absolute earliest.

3 minutes ago, Escaped said:

Hide contents

Bran's Keyser Soze, or a completely redundant leaf in the wind. The middle ground's to accept a fudge where he only gets to see events at random, which is the least satisfying solution because it's the only one that fits without more insight.

If Dany's Nazi Venger with her badath-mom wings, Bran's the Dungeon Master.

Spoiler

It also makes him out to be a dick.

Why would he reveal Jon’s lineage if he knew he would never be king?

Why the drama! 

Spoiler

Do you think they got Jon Snow back in to re film him giving Ghost a cuddle after the internet outrage after he sent him away up north?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Escaped said:

Hide contents

Bran's Keyser Soze, or a completely redundant leaf in the wind. The middle ground's to accept a fudge where he only gets to see events at random, which is the least satisfying solution because it's the only one that fits without further insight. Deduction says the writers were lazy, in other words, leaving an invitation to use our imaginations to take up their slack.

If Dany's Nazi Venger with her badath-mom wings, Bran's the Dungeon Master.

I'd agree with this

as someone with a bit more insight, I'm reading it as Bran being the Bloodraven taking the throne as a Targaryen - looking for Drogon takes on a bit more of a sinister twist. 

2 hours ago, FishyFish said:

I enjoyed the bit where 

Hide contents

Sam proposes a People’s Vote and everyone else just goes all Tory and laughs at him.

You can tell from Royce's reaction that he's hoping Bran hasn't seen his duck island.

• Upvote 3

I'm so happy the 

Spoiler

fascist Daenerys  was killed. She was Hitler/Stalin 2.0 in the making.

and

Spoiler

The ending was good. Not sure why so many nerds are angry if we are to belive the tabloids. 

I haven't been very impressed with this season, but I thought that was a decent ending. There were some flaws, but nothing I'd be overly concerned about - and the first third was really strong.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Classic GoT fast travel:

Hide contents

cngi31n6saz21.jpg

Spoiler

Didn't he stop elsewhere along the way?

Nope. It was one of the bigger "wtf?" moments for me during the episode, as it didnt make any sense how that happened. I think Jon was as surprised as the audience.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

One thing that really bugged me is what exactly happened with the Dothraki after losing their Kaleesi? I can understand the Unsullied not doing much under Grey Worm's command, but their loyalties to their queen always seemed to verge on religious fervor. I can't see them not then rampaging across Westeros in revenge.

Spoiler

I guess they kind of forgot about her.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Waggo said:

Why did the muppet Jon Snow :

Hide contents

Tell everyone he knifed Danny?  Nobody was around when he did the deed and a dragon flew off with the body never to be seen again. He could have just told the unsullied she was filled with remorse and so buggered off on Drogon, like the time before she did it.:quote:

Spoiler

That was why when it showed a lot of time had passed before they let Tyrion out I just naturally assumed it was because Grey Worm didn't know where she had gone and was just waiting for her to come back.

• Upvote 1

Christ, just how much did they spend this season on that animatronic kid in the wheelchair? No wonder they hardly used it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

I'd agree with this

Hide contents

as someone with a bit more insight, I'm reading it as Bran being the Bloodraven taking the throne as a Targaryen - looking for Drogon takes on a bit more of a sinister twist. 

Spoiler

Is it not Bran manipulating it to get to the best possible ending for those he cares about, his brother and sisters? Sansa has the power she wants, John gets to stay in the North and not take the crown that he didn't want, Arya gets to go off and be Arya. Tyrion ends up in effective charge, Bran can be Bran the Builder as he always wanted rebuilding the kingdom.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Benny said:

Hide contents

That was why when it showed a lot of time had passed before they let Tyrion out I just naturally assumed it was because Grey Worm didn't know where she had gone and was just waiting for her to come back.

Yeah which would have worked just as well as an ending and left it all a bit vague, with only Tyrion and Jon knowing what really went down.

14 minutes ago, Sirloin said:

Hide contents

Is it not Bran manipulating it to get to the best possible ending for those he cares about, his brother and sisters? Sansa has the power she wants, John gets to stay in the North and not take the crown that he didn't want, Arya gets to go off and be Arya. Tyrion ends up in effective charge, Bran can be Bran the Builder as he always wanted rebuilding the kingdom.

spose - but letting hundreds of thousands of people die in Kings Landing and Winterfell to do it seems a tad extreme