Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

Daley

On reflection, the real lesson of today was very much "don't fuck with Melisandre"

Who else was on Stannis' murderlist when he was throwing shrimp on the barbie a while back? Rob, Joffers, Old Man Greyjoy and someone else..? Please god let it be Cersei.

Reckon Yara's gonna be Big Boss of Pyke very soon if the hit rate keeps up.

Team Stannis, yo.

The build-up to Joffrey's death was soooo good. That lengthy, painfully unpleasant wedding party. Tyrion being heaped upon with indignancies. It was like the show was reminding you what a total shit Joffrey is before sending him off into the void. The 'fool' was obviously in on it in some way, as he knew what was going down. The queen was too surprised by it, so I don't think she knew.

I spent the last minute of the episode with my arms in the air, victorious.

On reflection, the real lesson of today was very much "don't fuck with Melisandre"

Who else was on Stannis' murderlist when he was throwing shrimp on the barbie a while back? Rob, Joffers, Old Man Greyjoy and someone else..? Please god let it be Cersei.

Reckon Yara's gonna be Big Boss of Pyke very soon if the hit rate keeps up.

Team Stannis, yo.

It was:

Robb Stark

Balon Greyjoy

Joffrey Baratheon

Just three names.

Cersei's insistence on the leftovers being given to the dogs might poibt at her involvement?

I had accidentally been spoiled on this one a while ago (that trailer showing tywin on the iron throne kind of gave it away too, really), but that was still pretty satisfying.

There's no way that Shae actually got on that boat, right? It's like the golden rule of Film & TV, if it happened off screen then it didn't happen. It just seems way too convenient for that to have supposedly happened straight before the wedding.

Yeah, that was totally suspect imo.

And she seemed to send away the one person that could've actually done anything!

I don't know if this was a mistake or not but after Cersei sends Pycelle away to the kitchen, he is still seen later sitting at a table laughing (I think it was during the "War of the Five Kings" dwarf fight.

In all honesty though I thought he got off a little easy; kind of expecting him to get flayled or something.

The more I think about, the more perfect and satisfying his death seems to be. He was a shit, cowardly king, and his choking on pigeon pie in front of all the wedding guests, was a great undignified end to a tosser who didn't deserve to die by the sword.

Did no one think...

The murder was obviously committed by Sansa? The instant Joffers croaked, the fat weird beardy bloke from the last episode came along and told her it was time to "leave right now". I thought that was spelling it out for the audience. She had the strongest motive of anybody, and it's only her weakness as a person that causes doubt.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I'm finding the series a lot more enjoyable in this series because I (finally) know who's who and what's what. I can't wait for 2020 AD when I'll finally be able to watch the whole thing without week-long delays.

I agree with those who thought

Joffers got off too easily, considering his high cunt rating, but at least this episode reminded me that there is a whole castle full of cunts up north ready for justice, so I still live in hope. I am firmly in camp Theon no-cock these days.

The only bits I didn't like were the scene with the dwarf and

his whore, where he tried to make leave through old cliche of "I don't love you any more". She would see through that. It was far too obvious. Perhaps more will come out from that. She did disappear rather anti-climatically. And I didn't like the sausage joke after Theon's scene, but that's only because I hate that psycho Bolton bastard cunt so much.

Which is wonderful.

It's the first TV series to make me hate imaginary people. That's a good thing, right?

So...

Who are our suspects for the "Purple Wedding"?

Tyrion Lannister -> Number one suspect. Probably most obviously it wasn't him, but you never know with GRRM.

Oberyn Martell -> "Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts." I don't think it was him. I think if he was to kill Joffrey, then we would all know it and I think his fight is more with Tywin Lannister.

Margaery Tyrell -> Obviously disliked Joffrey but played into his hands to get on his good side and she was the last person who touched it (on camera) while Joffrey, and most likely others were distracted. However would it be wise to kill Joffrey right now? Wouldn't the throne pass onto Tommen?

Olenna Tyrell -> I think she would be more capable of poisoning than Margaery. Possible for her to have slipped something after Margaery puts the goblet down.

Ser Dontos Hollard -> Quickly helped Sansa flee while Joffrey was dying. Fairly high suspect for me. I somehow think he is at least involved.

Sansa Lannister -> Obvious hatred for Joffrey. I don't think it was her but she did grab the goblet while it was under the table so it is suspicious.

Also what does this mean for Jaime Lannister? He failed to protect the king!

The great thing about it is that pretty much everyone had a motive to kill Joffrey. They should just let it slide, complicit in the fact they're all better off (and safer) without him.

My only downside to the episode, as mentioned above, is Tyrion sending Shay away by trying to be horrible, instead of just telling her she's actually going to be put to death the next night. No amount of 'not being afraid' is going to help you when the powers that be intend to string you up. Tedious cliché.

The great thing about it is that pretty much everyone had a motive to kill Joffrey. They should just let it slide, complicit in the fact they're all better off (and safer) without him.

My only downside to the episode, as mentioned above, is Tyrion sending Shay away by trying to be horrible, instead of just telling her she's actually going to be put to death the next night. No amount of 'not being afraid' is going to help you when the powers that be intend to string you up. Tedious cliché.

On the other hand...

Shay is very, very stubborn and there's a chance she would try to stay in King's Landing and laugh away the threat somewhat. She was already very insecure about her role in Tyrion's life, so I think that acting on that was in Tyrion's mind the best way to make sure she left. However, I don't rule out she's still in King's Landing, the fact that you don't actually see her board the ship makes it even probable for me.

Also: I came across some clues to what actually happened. I won't tell, but if you want some idea of where to look for...

Go back to episode 1. A gesture that seems quite symbolic is actually far more important than you would expect... You guys are already on the right track by the way, but the way the murder was done was not very straightforward.

Also: I came across some clues to what actually happened. I won't tell, but if you want some idea of where to look for...

Go back to episode 1. A gesture that seems quite symbolic is actually far more important than you would expect... You guys are already on the right track by the way, but the way the murder was done was not very straightforward.

I am now convinced.

It has something to do with Sansa/Dontos, but this is due to the fact I visited Kotaku and they had a Game of Thrones article that pointed out that in the first episode, Dontos handed her a necklace that had 7 crystals on it. In this episode there were only 6. Due to the way she picked the goblet up from underneath and handed it back to Tyrion, and Dontos taking Sansa away with such urgency puts them as top suspects.

EDIT: Forgot to close spoiler.

Somebody call Hercule of House Poirot, he's needed on the Westeros Express!

It probably isn't Tywin because fuck, he wouldn't even kill Tyrion, whom he outright despises. Blood's too important to him plus he seemed to generally have the measure of the little shit.

It can't be Margery because she wants to be queen and hasn't consumated the marriage yet. If she were to get knocked up and Joffers snuffed it 10 minutes after the birth, sure but not before.

It can't be Tyrion because he's too fucking smart to bring that kind of heat down on his head.

It can't be Sansa because she's got the motive but absolutely no clue whatsoever regarding the means. She hasn't the first fucking clue about how to do anything that doesn't involve pretty dresses or braiding her hair, though I think this did mark a turning point where she's going to get alla these bastards eventually. That Terminator glare was beautiful.

It can't be Jaime because I doubt he wants to go down in history as the Kings Guardsman who went 0-3

It probably isn't that Oberyon dude, though I imagine he fucking loved every second of it.

Olenna or Cersei, probably Olenna, though the reasons that work against Margery also apply here (although if the country is going down the toilet in some kind of Westeros credit crunch, maybe she's thinking better to just get the fuck out of it asap). I'd like to think it wasn't Cersei but she's off the fucking chain and basically pure fucking evil so if it's a choice between letting Margery call the shots or spending another decade as Queen Regent with Tommen(?), it wouldn't be a surprise. Especially if she can fit up Tyrion for it in the process.