Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

Daley

I thought this was the weakest episode of the series so far because every scene just set up something that's gonna happen later. Was convinced at the end Bran and the Magic Circle were going to burn everyone alive or Bran would just make them all kill each other but they got punked and acted like little bitches. Merlin had an epileptic fit ffs ????

An interesting episode that I found quite boring at the start, but amazing by the end. First I disliked...

Danny doing exactly what's done in every other episode (free the slaves, then do something cruel), not more old lady talking on the veranda, not more Cersei moping around with a glass of wine, etc.

Whaaaaat

Olenna was great as per usual, loved the way she just brushes past the fact she murdered the King. I think the joke about the gardens was in there for the sake of people like yourself who are bored of he wondering around the veranda. But she was awesome.

I thought this was the weakest episode of the series so far because every scene just set up something that's gonna happen later. Was convinced at the end Bran and the Magic Circle were going to burn everyone alive or Bran would just make them all kill each other but they got punked and acted like little bitches. Merlin had an epileptic fit ffs ????

Lucy, Edmond, Susan and Peter don't even have useful magic powers. The best they can muster is a spell casting: S.E.I.Z.U.R.E.

Kids nowadays.

Not sure how many more uplifting Dany on Up the Khyber slave freeings I can take.

Loved Brienne's new levelled up armour, and I got the feeling her and Jamie were trying not to giggle while delivering their corny lines. I see they're carrying on with the redemption of Jamie angle despite him just having raped his sister.

Loved Brienne's new levelled up armour, and I got the feeling her and Jamie were trying not to giggle while delivering their corny lines. I see they're carrying on with the redemption of Jamie angle despite him just having raped his sister.

I think the reason being is that apparently the rape becomes "consensual", according to the writers or something but having re-watched the episode, it still looks like rape.

Oh don't get me wrong - it was a good scene, and "being a bit uncomfortable" with scenes is common in GoT :D

She was seducing Tomen really well (I liked it almost as much as when Tywin basically stole Tomen's attention from Cersi in front of her a few weeks ago)...it

You have to remember paedophilia is a very modern invention. It was rife right up until the 1800s, with child brides, the Roman's were all fucking young boys, etc.

Why didn't we find it creepy when she was marrying Joffers, again a child, but one we didn't see as such as he was a little shit.

I'm glad to see I was proven right with my call of Diana Rigg bumping Joffers after that theory being scoffed at in here.

Worst episode of the show so far. I agree with the pacing, it's becoming a bit too slow in places that isn't needed.

Should've made more of Jamie's rape of his own sister.
No dragons at all for 2nd week make it feel like it's a budget issue.
Still don't care enough about Jon Snow or Bran (maybe just me).
No fucking Stannis again.

I think the reason being is that apparently the rape becomes "consensual", according to the writers or something but having re-watched the episode, it still looks like rape.

It wasn't rape though according the show-runners. She was into it, supposedly.

It's meant to be unambiguous rape, or so I heard from someone that doesn't exist who'd read those things that don't exist. The ambiguity cluster-fuck seems to be because it doesn't fit in with the way the TV show's playing the Jamie redemption angle. Not helped by the fact the director of that scene screwed up and gave a verbal-diarrea explanation.

It's meant to be unambiguous rape, or so I heard from someone that doesn't exist who'd read those things that don't exist. The ambiguity cluster-fuck seems to be because it doesn't fit in with the way the TV show's playing the Jamie redemption angle. Not helped by the fact the director of that scene screwed up and gave a verbal-diarrea explanation.

That's not the case in 'the things that don't exist'. It's just a complete fuck-up in the previous episode and as we can see here the show is going to treat it like it wasn't the unambiguous rape on-screen that it clearly was.

Worst episode of the show so far. I agree with the pacing, it's becoming a bit too slow in places that isn't needed.

Should've made more of Jamie's rape of his own sister.

No dragons at all for 2nd week make it feel like it's a budget issue.

Still don't care enough about Jon Snow or Bran (maybe just me).

No fucking Stannis again.

As had been said that rape wasn't - its been a bit of a fuck up basically.

With regard to the underage stuff if you take it that its loosely based on medieval europe then back then child marriage was a regular thing. Life expectancy was short - hell if you got a muddy cut that could kill you! I can't remember what the exact life expectancy was (I'm guessing 30's maybe) and life was very very cheap. Its still the same in some parts of the third world. Its the same with some of the morality - Jamie killing his own cousin - again life is very cheap (even more so in GoT world). Its basically you or them. If I lived in that world I think I'd end up locking myself in a cellar with a supply of food and never coming out. A terrifyingly and potentially very painful place to live.

Having read (and stopped) the books one of the things I think the show gets more right is narrowing the breadth a bit - there's simply too many threads and sub plots being explored in massive depth so that you miss out on certain characters for what feels like hundreds of pages. Its almost as though you could give some of the characters their own mini series (Arya and the Hound's take on Countryfile please) whilst others just peter out. WHilst earlier on there was some moaning by book readers about missing key events or characters out I think we'd end up being 4 seasons in a still dithering around at Winterfell.

That's not the case in 'the things that don't exist'. It's just a complete fuck-up in the previous episode and as we can see here the show is going to treat it like it wasn't the unambiguous rape on-screen that it clearly was.

So the TV shows a rape scene and then pretends it wasn't but in the other things it's not rape? Ok, got it. I'll try to forget the whole debacle and just accept that Cersei and Jamie's relationship is now fucked beyond belief.