rllmuk

Cyberpunk 2077 - Out on November 19th

22 hours ago, Talk Show Host said:

It sounds more and more like they are pushing it to go with the new consoles, which makes sense. 

If that was the motive they would probably just have said so. 

1 hour ago, Stevie said:

If that was the motive they would probably just have said so. 

Maybe, yes, but that would probably damage the game's image for the current ones. I think they are trying to hit a middle ground, where they don't spook the people from current gen but also be ready to take advantage of the new ones. 

But maybe its just a delay as well. 

13 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

Maybe, yes, but that would probably damage the game's image for the current ones. I think they are trying to hit a middle ground, where they don't spook the people from current gen but also be ready to take advantage of the new ones. 

But maybe its just a delay as well. 

I'm fairly cynical, but I will always give CDPR the benefit of the doubt. After all, we are talking about the studio that releases DLC's for free because of love and integrity. 

20 minutes ago, Stevie said:

I'm fairly cynical, but I will always give CDPR the benefit of the doubt. After all, we are talking about the studio that releases DLC's for free because of love and integrity. 

Oh, sure, I am not suggesting in any way that they are trying to fool the players. 

• Upvote 1

The PS4 version will have to work on PS5 at launch, because it's part of Sony's Ts&Cs now. And they've said it's a free upgrade to the proper PS5 version when it comes out 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

The PS4 version will have to work on PS5 at launch, because it's part of Sony's Ts&Cs now. And they've said it's a free upgrade to the proper PS5 version when it comes out 

Sorry I meant from PS6, when it’s released.

• Upvote 1

No ray traced reflections!?! I R disappoint...

I would hope that gets added in...

I'm gonna try and avoid everything else till it comes out, every time i see it i get slightly...disappointed. I kinda wish it wasn't coming out for 5 years, and was using the next gen consoles.

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Looks fucking bananas and there's no way this isn't getting played on a Series X. 

Wont make much of a difference, early titles wont be impressive. There will be some minor differences but not enough to justify buying a new console. 

9 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Wont make much of a difference, early titles wont be impressive. There will be some minor differences but not enough to justify buying a new console. 

That is probably going to be quite false. Just the number of more NPCs you can run on the new consoles will make a ton of difference.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

That is probably going to be quite false. Just the number of more NPCs you can run on the new consoles will make a ton of difference.

Maybe, maybe not. I would claim that experience shows that titles released on new consoles in the early days wont be that impressive. It usually takes time before developers can make use of the power new consoles brings to the table. (I could be wrong)

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Out on November 19th