Cyberpunk 2077 - Out on November 19th

2 minutes ago, Stevie said:

Maybe, maybe not. I would claim that experience shows that titles released on new consoles in the early days wont be that impressive. It usually takes time before developers can make use of the power new consoles brings to the table. (I could be wrong)

The thing is though that the footage was on PC on the high end spectrum, which -technically at least- is already more powerful than the new consoles.

Just now, Stevie said:

Maybe, maybe not. I would claim that experience shows that titles released on new consoles in the early days wont be that impressive. It usually takes time before developers can make use of the power new consoles brings to the table. (I could be wrong)

In the days before consoles were PCs in boxes that was the case.

Next gen native games will be more impressive than crossgen ones of course. But the amount of extra power they'll be able to bring to bear straight away is significant.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

Demo is apparently running on a 2080ti at 1080p with DLSS and RT on.

I have ejaculated.

Even more reason to get the 3080! ;)

1 hour ago, Stevie said:

Wont make much of a difference, early titles wont be impressive. There will be some minor differences but not enough to justify buying a new console. 

I take it you have seen new gameplay, that no one else has seen,  from launch titles for both PS5 and Series X then to make this judgement? 

1 hour ago, Dark Soldier said:

Demo is apparently running on a 2080ti at 1080p with DLSS and RT on.

I have ejaculated.

Apparently not. The game was playable to people via Geforce now and that can only run at 1080. You could not get into the graphics options on the game either.

EDIT:L Or maybe not. There are some conflicting reports on this. However, considering this game is using pretty much every ray tracing effect going such as reflections, RT shadows, RT diffuse illuminsation and RT ambiant occlusion then I can fully believe that it could only run at 1080p on a 2080ti. Those are a lot of heavy effects.

cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-june-2020

cyberpunk-2077-night-city-wire-june-2020

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

LOL. Not very HD. Oh that's better.

I couldn't work out what the fuck was going on. Proper potato quality game play footage and a 4K Geoff Keighley in the corner. Luckily it sorted itself out.

Looks outrageously good. The dream is that they’ve implemented the depth and choice of an immersive sim within an absurdly detailed open-world with tonnes to discover and find off the beaten track. Fingers crossed that they’ve pulled it off but everything suggests that they have and it just oozes quality.

I reckon it’s going to be quite compromised on current-gen consoles in terms of graphical effects and crowd density etc. though and I’m really tempted to wait until the full-fat PS5 version gets released with all the bells and whistles, rather than the more basic graphical upgrade it will likely get at launch. Games like this are a once-in-a-generation type of deal so I’d ideally like to play it at its absolute best first time through. Hope it doesn’t take them too long to get that version out there.

• Upvote 3

i stand corrected :)

"Nvidia press release on Cyberpunk RTX features:

Ray-traced ambient occlusion - Ambient occlusion is a shading and rendering technique used to calculate how exposed each point in a scene is to ambient lighting. The result is a diffuse shading effect that darkens enclosed and sheltered areas and enhances the rendered image's overall tone. In Cyberpunk 2077, ray-traced ambient occlusion additionally can be used with local lights to approximate local shadowing effects where shadows are missing.

Ray-traced diffuse illumination - This technique is used to capture sky radiance as well as emissive lighting from various surfaces, which is difficult to achieve with traditional rendering techniques.

Ray-traced reflections - In Cyberpunk 2077, ray-traced reflections are used on all surfaces and can trace ranges for up to several kilometers. They are present on both opaque and transparent objects to simulate the way light reflects from glossy and metal surfaces by tracing a single bounce of reflection rays against the scene. This includes smooth natural mirrors like window glass, but also rougher surfaces like brushed metal. Unlike screen space techniques which can only reflect what’s on screen, ray-traced reflections incorporate the entire scene around the character, and can accurately represent objects outside the camera view or facing away from the camera.

Ray-traced shadows - Cyberpunk 2077 preview supports directional shadows from the sun and the moon. These shadows aim to be physically accurate and even account for light scattering from clouds. Shadows may be enhanced in the final release to support other types of light sources where it is needed. Ray tracing and NVIDIA DLSS 2.0, are expected to be available at launch on November 19, 2020."

The only concerns I have are regarding action, ie non exploring / talky gameplay. Impressions about hacking / Stealth / melee don't sound great tbh. 

It does sound and look amazing. The no loading screen thing is clearly BS though. That footage from the hover car landing in the basketball court from the B-roll stuff is clearly a masked loading screen, which is why the car windows go opaque just before it lands, and then the door opens and the basketball players are much closer to the car, and much higher detail models.

It's fine that it does that, of course, but it's clearly using traditional techniques to transition to new areas.

You just know this is going to have a lot of idiotic think-piece criticisms of it like those Americans outraged that Witcher 3 had no black people. 

I've already seen someone up in arms that a Hispanic character has the number 13 tattoo. :facepalm:

• Empathy 1

I hope there's more of an option to beef up the number of NPCs in the game - I'm assuming it was down to the way the game was being streamed to the people invited to preview it, but the city looked considerably less populated than the initial trailers/previews we saw a while back. Considering just how good it felt to see a dense crowd at work in Novidgrad in Witcher 3, I'm hoping that I can push the slider right up and get those crowds back :) 

Edit: On the plus side, I love the way the new trailer shows huge amounts of stuff but it's 'just' from the prologue bits :D .

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, deerokus said:

You just know this is going to have a lot of idiotic think-piece criticisms of it like those Americans outraged that Witcher 3 had no black people. 

I've already seen someone up in arms that a Hispanic character has the number 13 tattoo. :facepalm:

What does 13 stand for in Hispanic?

God, the first trailer from yesturday looks stunning.

Media black out again. I'm crossing my fingers my fairly new 2070 RTX PC will be capable running this reasonably at 2560x1440 without needing to turn all settings down to vaseline mode.

Although it's fun to talk about the tech aspects, the real draw of the game is hopw they've used it to build a great looking world. Hopefully, the mechanics are engaging and the world is full of life to draw you in.

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Out on November 19th