Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

Cdkeys are still saying tomorrow for me. Sad face 

Check your account download page. I just got mine.  ;)

They replied to my query yesterday and confirmed they were sending out keys 24 hours before release.

*edit* I mean a PC/GOG code.

I’ve preloaded this (Xbox). Does that mean the patch is already installed, or will that need doing when the game is released proper?

Basically are we playing this at midnight, or do I need more lube for our fat pipe as it were?

4 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

I’ve preloaded this (Xbox). Does that mean the patch is already installed, or wil that need doing when the game is released proper?

Likely another patch on release. But the messaging has been pretty unclear.

CDPR have apparently got a Twitch Stream going up in an hour or so, which will contain a special surprise.

Part of me hopes it's another delay, just so I can watch the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

3 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

I’ve preloaded this (Xbox). Does that mean the patch is already installed, or will that need doing when the game is released proper?

Basically are we playing this at midnight, or do I need more lube for our fat pipe as it were?

Nobody knows. They did release a patch for the preloaded game a few days ago I noticed, maybe that was it. 

There is a distinct feeling that CDPR are flying by the seat of their pants at this stage, are releasing too early and perhaps should have given themselves more time.

I mean, sending out buggy code to reviewers less than a week before launch and preventing them from using any of their own footage is nuts.

3 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

I did a listicle thing recently about what makes a cyberpunk game cyberpunk, and picked out some examples. Some of them probably stretch the definition a bit, but I wanted to get some variety in there:

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/blood-death-and-robots-breaking-down-the-key-ingredients-of-the-cyberpunk-genre-ahead-of-2077/

I could argue with you about the games you've included*, but in fact I'm just going to thank you for reminding me that Huntdown exists, and has been out since May - I was quite interested in that game, and completely forgot it existed.

*Syndicate is a good shout, but Perfect Dark is NOT Cyberpunk.

*sweeps everything off cybernetic holotable in tears*

2 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Is the Xbox app broken, can’t get to the install to console screen?

I’m very much looking forward to getting lost in this crazy looking game. 

I'm getting the same, press the download to console button and a black box with no text pops up.

4 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

I did a listicle thing recently about what makes a cyberpunk game cyberpunk, and picked out some examples. Some of them probably stretch the definition a bit, but I wanted to get some variety in there:

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/blood-death-and-robots-breaking-down-the-key-ingredients-of-the-cyberpunk-genre-ahead-of-2077/

I like the look of that Invisible, Inc - not heard of it before, cheers!

It's available to download early on the Xbox app if you are waiting on your disc to arrive.... 

Although when I click to download to Xbox nothing actually happens on the Xbox. 

13 hours ago, Wiper said:

I will die on this hill. Yes, the incredibly important hill of genre definition.* I believe cyberpunk is broad enough to include Schizmatrix at its fringe (I've not read Sterling's other work, alas), which to my mind is but a half-step from cyberpunk towards space opera (as opposed to, again, the Culture novels' full stride over the threshold).

Man, you’ve got to get all over Sterling. If you’ve read Schismatrix (I am presuming you read Schismatrix Plus with the additional shorts in, otherwise you need to acquire a copy of the anthology Crystal Express IMMEDIATELY) then you’ll already know it’s one of the SF greats, up there with Neuromancer as a genre pinnacle (different genres!!!).

Sterling is a much better writer than Gibson, simply because whereas Gibson is pretty much a one trick pony with a spectacularly superlative trick, Sterling can turn his hand to anything and nail it.

‘A Good Old Fashioned Future’ is great place to start as you get a mix of his stuff, social comedy / commentary, cultural futurism, an amazing Leggy Starlitz short about Finnish terrorists and Moomins and then the final three, Deep Eddy / Bicycle Repairman / Taklaman which are perfect examples of his solo cyberpunk flavours, and very different to Gibson in style - he’s much more interested in politics and social networks than WG I think. 

He’s also written a great essay on the birth of bulletin boards et al called The Hacker Crackdown which is an essential read.

2 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Cyberpiss 2077

Ciderpunk 2077.

An immersive sim where you try and sneak your own cans in to the pub before a gig without getting barred by the landlord.

The pub is in the future.

50 minutes ago, K said:

I could argue with you about the games you've included*, but in fact I'm just going to thank you for reminding me that Huntdown exists, and has been out since May - I was quite interested in that game, and completely forgot it existed.

*Syndicate is a good shout, but Perfect Dark is NOT Cyberpunk.

*sweeps everything off cybernetic holotable in tears*

Maybe PD is a stretch.

Huntdown is pretty great. Obviously very much cyberpunk as nostalgia, but they've really nailed the visual and audio design. You couldn't ask for much more from a Robocop arcade game style homage.   

2 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

I mention it just about every opportunity I get. One of my favourite turn-based strategy games. It's available on just about everything these days. 

Yes I just picked it up on Switch, cheers!