Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Just now, Scruff said:

As to your spoiler 

Hide contents

Brick was the previous boss. He was mentioned to have been 'replaced' by Royce, the guy with no face who threatens you but you can find Brick locked up in a room in the plant with a laser triggered to a bomb. You can disarm the bomb and free him, if you so desire.

Spoiler

Ahh, thanks. So brick isn't a name for money then? Where did I get that from?

I backtracked all the way back to where you drop out of the vents with DumDum and never found the room you mentioned. Is it earlier on than that?

9 minutes ago, partious said:

Sorry to hear that some people are highly sensitive to dropped frames in open world city driving sections. Perhaps they should add that disclaimer to their complaints instead of saying that the game is an unplayable mess and shouldn't have been released for the format etc.

I haven't bothered watching the digital foundry video so I can't tell you exactly how many fps it runs at on every format like the framerate experts can, but

my feeling having played over 8 hours is that it's close enough to 30fps the vast majority of time for it not to bother me. I've noticed some dropped frames when driving in busy city streets, but it's nowhere near "unplayable" and doesn't feel like 20fps. I'm comfortable enough with my knowledge of games to say that the game doesn't run anywhere near as badly as people are making out unless your head's full of rtx 3080 comparisons and what you heard on digital foundry.

I have a PC and generally play games at 60fps. I have a preference for 60fps in arcade racers and such but in this I can't say I care, particularly in the moments outside of missions when I'm driving a car through the city to a marker on the map and get a few dropped frames.

The comment about N64 is interesting as I had been thinking of OOT. That game and several other N64 classics actually did run like garbage but it still topped every "best games ever" list for about 15 years after release. I guess it was a different time.

I had bigger issues with the framerate in Breath of The Wild on Wii U than I do with this.

There's something "audiophile" esque about the whole tone of the discussions taking place. Graphic and framerate nitpicking with the occasional comment about the actual content of the game. I'm not saying people aren't entitled to do so and perhaps people do have different sensitivity levels, but like I said, for me it's a bit of an eye opener.

some astonishing inverse snobbery here, reaching a peak with the audiophile comment.

no one was seriously expecting the base PS4 to compete with the PC versions, but framerate drops into the low twenties or worse haven’t been a thing since the end of the PS3. Let alone such framerate drops with a resolution of 720p.

you may be insensitive to it, and if you play one game with low framerate for long enough you’ll desensitise yourself a bit (hence we were ok with the N64), but it’s painful if you’re used to a steady 30. Or worse a steady 60.

1 minute ago, Alan Stock said:

Hide contents

Ahh, thanks. So brick isn't a name for money then? Where did I get that from?

I backtracked all the way back to where you drop out of the vents with DumDum and never found the room you mentioned. Is it earlier on than that?

Spoiler

It's next in from where you drop down, inbetween two, I guess office like spaces? If you're in the area where the 'meat' (or grown soy or whatever it is, I can't remember) is running on rails then you're too far and go back into the other area. You should be able to find it.

No idea about linking brick to money. Been watching any Guy Richie films recently? ;) 

I’m still finding this really overwhelming, especially in combat. Just using the scan function so much micro text appears on the screen it’s really putting me off using it for ‘quick’ hacks when I could just of shot someone in half the time. 

17 minutes ago, footle said:

some astonishing inverse snobbery here, reaching a peak with the audiophile comment.

no one was seriously expecting the base PS4 to compete with the PC versions, but framerate drops into the low twenties or worse haven’t been a thing since the end of the PS3. Let alone such framerate drops with a resolution of 720p.

Pure nonsense. Dozens of high profile AAA games regularly dipped into 15-20 FPS on base PS4 and Xbox One. Fallout 4 and Just Cause 4 are two that spring to mind. 

1 hour ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Today.  2 games ordered this year, 2 delivered the day after release.  I went for the physical version because I know CDPR always include some ancillary material.

2 discs though ! - both requiring installation. 

I've also invested in the Piggyback guide (remember them - they seem to be a dying breed).  I can read the intro whilst disc 2 installs....

Its not a digital download?

https://www.simplygames.com/p/cyberpunk-2077-pc

I am absolutely loving this game. Also one of the artists really loves motorbikes

photomode-11122020-154337.png

People complaining about the lack of peds. On PC there are often far too many and you take a significant whack to the fps. Here's a sample but some areas have far, far more. 

photomode-10122020-194457.png

I think it might cull them a lot when you're driving.

I just decided to pick up the guide for this. I need something to give me details on all the augs and weapons and stuff like that. It was bad enough in Witcher 3, but I was such a magnificent beast with my blades it never matter much, but here?

Here I am useless at everything.

everything

Just now, Bacon Horsemeat said:

Its not a digital download?

https://www.simplygames.com/p/cyberpunk-2077-pc

Nope - Xbox Series X here. Actually, I think a high % of the install was on the first disc (I had a bath and left the first disc installing and didn't check the detail).  

Anyway female corpo created, looking at a hacking / stealth build if possible.  I've turned off all the graphical bells and whistles and let's see what ensues.  Not too bothered by a few glitches and whatnot, so long as progress isn't lost, but I'm curious about the criticism expressed in the Eurogamer review - not having sufficient Xp to do side missions etc.  

3 minutes ago, Flub said:

People complaining about the lack of peds. On PC there are often far too many and you take a significant whack to the fps. Here's a sample but some areas have far, far more. 

I mean, depending on how aggressive your driving is you might cull an awful lot of them yourself ;)

Just now, Wiper said:

I mean, depending on how aggressive your driving is you might cull an awful lot of them yourself ;)

I think there's an option to turn the amount down but to be honest unless you're pissing off the police you rarely need to do anything strenuous in areas with a lot of peds :)

I need to start doing some side quests. The main questlines are getting to the point where it takes 4-5 assault rifle reloads just to down a single enemy so I think I might be a bit underlevelled/geared. Happily there's shit loads to do.

5 minutes ago, Flub said:

I am absolutely loving this game. Also one of the artists really loves motorbikes

Loves them but doesn't understand the geometry of a good handling bike - that one isn't as bad as the one in the other advertising though.

Wheelbase is way too long to handle well but for american cruising it is par for the course.

1 minute ago, Clipper said:

Loves them but doesn't understand the geometry of a good handling bike - that one isn't as bad as the one in the other advertising though.

Wheelbase is way too long to handle well but for american cruising it is par for the course.

It looks cyber enough :) I like the way the back wheel can skid. Feels much better than driving the cars. The old Tyger Claw woman has offered to sell me a one that looks more like the bike from Akira but I daren't look to see how much it is. She wanted to sell me a tiny micro toy car for 19k earlier.

2 minutes ago, Flub said:

It looks cyber enough :) I like the way the back wheel can skid. Feels much better than driving the cars. The old Tyger Claw woman has offered to sell me a one that looks more like the bike from Akira but I daren't look to see how much it is. She wanted to sell me a tiny micro toy car for 19k earlier.

Amazing looking ship though. Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow.

:D

but yeah cyberpunk bikes do look very cool - just very impractical.

( I am being a wee bit unfair as the Arch isn't too bad on handling but is still a cruiser at heart. All the longer Akira bikes would lead to you being unable to go round corners :D )

11 minutes ago, Flub said:

Still looks way lower than that initial E3 gameplay reveal (2018?) is it a setting you can alter? 

My Shopto PC copy finally arrived today (guess I can make a claim as it didn’t arrive on launch day).

It was nice having the soundtrack to listen to while it downloaded from GOG. There’s some really good stuff on there. Just as well I have one of those old CD player things!

I’ve played up to the point you first arrive and sleep at your apartment. I enjoyed just taking it slow, picking up every item I could find! It runs great in 4k DLSS with raytracing on Ultra, definitely not 60fps but still smooth (>30fps) so I’m happy. 

No mad bugs to report but it’s early days!

Just to say - played about 3 hours last night on Series X.  I felt performance was fine and opted for the "visual" vs performance mode and I think it made things a little crisper but it was much of a muchness.  The only issue is that posters / ads seem really low-res vs the other textures in the world.  I am not sure if that's an intentional choice or an issue at this point.  No other bugs - just did the main quest (up to the car ride with the fixer).  Will try some sidequests later but so far I'm enjoying it and it's pretty much what I expected.  I think a next gen patch that focusses on a lighting and a few more FX will make a difference though.

The design of the city is great - it feels pretty busy in most cases - especially outside, although the nightclub seemed rather sparsely populated..  If there were a lot more people it'd probably be quite annoying as I seem bump into pedestrians while walking about quite a bit...

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags