Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Just now, choddo said:

Yeah. Like many games that pack in a lot of environment padding “stuff” but none of it has any depth. And three guys standing next to each other in one early room are either triplets or the same model.

I quite like it (PC, RTX2070) but the start of the story is a mess. The first BD session though - that is genius.

Yeah, for sure!

I do think that the game is going to be vastly, vastly better in a year or so's time - it certainly feels like it needs that sort of period to get the thing fully baked. I fully expect it to be one of those games that will almost be unrecognisable by the time a 'definitive' edition comes along.

And I'll be more than happy to give CDPR the benefit of the doubt - if nothing else, they're absolutely great at tinkering and improving their products years after their initial launch, so I'd hope it'll get better and better. 

1 hour ago, RubberJohnny said:

The only people claiming it’s unplayable in here are people like you who don’t have the game. What do you want? Are you just looking to have a moan?

They you are sniping just for a change, I am not the only person claiming it’s unplayable or that it has issues making people who have it wait until it’s patched, ergo unplayable or unfinished. If only you had an ounce of sense. 

I have loads of side quests stacking up, I think I’ve only done 2* as I couldn’t stop playing the main story. Next time I’m on I’m going to try whittle them down a bit.

*was doing the main storyline but rather than follow the breadcrumb trail I parkoured through some apartment block and opened a door which coincidentally had someone behind it I needed to find for someone :lol:

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

It depends what you've seen in the run up to release.

If you've been watching trailers that have been showing the PC version with RTX on and all the gubbins cranked up the console version is going to look massively disappointing, as you'll be comparing it to this:.

I think that's going to be most people's experience for sure, and I think the game will probably look fine and play well enough right now, even before the patches arrive. I've just gone back and had another look at that opening sequence again and I don't think it looks as bad as I first thought, but I think some things which are possible with more power wouldn't have been attempted on lower spec machines if they were the only platform that the game would would have been seen on. Going back to the fish I mentioned earlier, if the previous gen consoles were the target platform, I think either those fish would have been stylised to fit with the developer's vision or substituted for something less demanding. As is, you get this:

http://imgur.com/gallery/r0WqQn8

Which you may or may not think looks good, but I pretty much feel like having stuff that doesn't make it might be worse than those things not being there. There's a moment where a giant video wall is switched off and reveals itself to be a window. I imagine this is a bit of a wow moment on high spec machines but on console at the moment,  not so much.  Again, the target platform thing means they'd have been unlikely to have tried that, as that moment exists to wow people, but they would know that the tech couldn't deliver it. I couldn't actually immediately tell that I was looking out at a cityscape at that moment. I thought all the lit up windows might have been some sort of 60s tv show inspired computer panel with lots of flashing lights. It just looked completely flat.

I did take some other screenshots but for some reason they're not on my xbox account, I might be at the storage limit.

I guess it just feels like all the sliders got pulled down to "minimum" from the original vision, which is different to making the most of the platform's capabilities at this point. 

I don't think it's the end of the world or anything, I'm just hopeful that they'll be able to squeeze a bit more power out once they release a proper Series X update. 

33 minutes ago, smac said:

That didn't work for me - hold change weapon, select the crossed-out gun option in the 'wheel' (to the right on PS4).

Interesting - I don't get a wheel at all on PC. Double tap Y is holstering.

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

Weird things this morning. The 27gb patch it tried to download last night has now renamed itself to 1.04 and it's 10gb smaller. Upon loading my save all the graphic and controller options had reset to default

I’ve been experiencing the same after each boot up and having to readjust my settings each time. 

11 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Say what? Ban request :hmm:

this must be the place or something is their one song I like. But after years of hearing their songs on repeat in various restaurants I worked in I hope I never hear his yelping voice ever again. The 4th time the playlist looped back to Psycho Killer during the dinner rush I’d be on the verge of a psychotic break 

1 minute ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Has anyone found any decent armour vendors? I'm still wearing stuff from the start of the game and am dead in a couple of hits when things go loud.

no. I found someone who sold me a leopard print bra and some shiny purple leggings but that’s about it. They match my lipstick but I prefer my teenie tiny shorts

8 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Has anyone found any decent armour vendors? I'm still wearing stuff from the start of the game and am dead in a couple of hits when things go loud.

Dead bodies :P

All the stuff I'm wearing, has come from looting the fallen. I've just done 

Spoiler

the Voodoo Boys main mission in the mall and I got loads of yellow and purple mods and gear from the dead in there.

16 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Have no NPCs dropped stuff or haven’t you upgraded anything? Or crafted?

I found a dude in a market type place selling some cool threads but tend to wear loot and upgrade it if I like the look.

32 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

no. I found someone who sold me a leopard print bra and some shiny purple leggings but that’s about it. They match my lipstick but I prefer my teenie tiny shorts

I enjoy pretending posts in this thread are about real life and not the game.

Oh man, I probably shouldn't have done all the sidequests on the starting island before getting Keanu, he has a surprising amount to say about them.

As for crafting, recipes seem to be based on rarity, not level, so I got some green-rarity-gear recipes at level 2 which gave me level 2 gear, but if I craft them now at Level 13 I will get Level 13 gear, they stay relevant. Recipes are worth getting if you see them in shops.

I've been breaking down all my spare guns and armour into components and to keep my inventory tidy, if you don't have any recipes you can use the upgrade tab to keep gear relevant if you have a gun that you really like.

I'm a little bit further in and the difference in technical quality between exterior and interior on PS4 is like night and day. Outdoors it often looks as downright bad as you've seen in videos, and if you walk around at speed you often get examples of the GoldenEye character models. Indoors in story quest areas it looks awesome though, its like playing two different games. I'm starting to feel pretty pissed off at CDPR for releasing it in this state on base consoles, its an embarrassment. They clearly geared end of dev time to PC and next gen where the reviewers and early impressions would get to see it, then banned reviewers from showing non PC footage before release. That's fucked up. When you compare it to other PS4 games from a visuals standpoint it fails miserably outside of aforementioned quest interiors.

Now I don't agree that the game is unplayable at all but it definitely affects immersion outdoors and the frame rate dips are noticable outside and in combat. What pisses me off is the way they've dealt with base consoles despite the fact a large proportion of their user base will be playing on them and pre ordered on them. I think this is going to cost CDPR a lot of goodwill, all over the net I'm seeing angry and dismayed base console users in shock at the state its in on their consoles. People don't have unrealistic expectations on PS4 either, they're pointing to games like Red Dead 2, Assassins Creed Valhalla where yes you lose performance on PS4 but they still look great, or the visuals take a hit for a smoother experience. As one commenter pointed out, with Cyberpunk they managed to do neither. 

Yes its just a game, and yes we went in knowing we were getting the least qualified version of the game for the job. But we still paid our 50/60 quid and we're not getting a technical experience that's on par with any other game of this ilk, even Witcher 3 looks technically better in its open world and we know how old it is... from the same company! Fingers must be pointed at mismanagement, not the actual devs for this. They've had 8 years fully knowing what market they were aiming at, there's little excuse. They should have made bigger compromises on base consoles to get a more consistent experience,  or pared down the overall open world and details across all formats to give lower systems a chance. Ideally they should have cancelled base console release a year or two ago and just been honest with customers.

Anyway rant over, its not the end of the world, its not unplayable, but it is CDPR taking massive liberties with one of its core userbases.

35 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Have no NPCs dropped stuff or haven’t you upgraded anything? Or crafted?

I found a dude in a market type place selling some cool threads but tend to wear loot and upgrade it if I like the look.

I've barely been doing main missions, just pootling around doing odd jobs and fighting quests and taking it all in. I did one just now though and looted some body armour that was way above what I was wearing and it made me go ''Ohhh...' so I asked here!

I've not crafted anything other than athsma pumps so far and didn't even know you could upgrade stuff! I'll look into that.

On the Giant Bombcast, someone mentioned how in Witcher 3, every little sidequest felt worthwhile because there was some little nugget of unique storytelling, even if you were just clearing out basic mobs in terms of gameplay. That’s certainly how I felt about it. They said that none of that is really evident in CP2077, and all the sidequest stuff is very generic. 

I’d be keen to hear if people agree/disagree on this. 

10 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I've not crafted anything other than athsma pumps so far and didn't even know you could upgrade stuff! I'll look into that.

Yeah, I stumbled across the upgrade tab on the crafting page, I don’t think it was highlighted to me

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags