Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Vemsie

3 minutes ago, SM47 said:

I'm about 10 hours in playing on a base ps4 and I've had a couple of crashes and a few scripting issues. Bit annoying but nothing a quick autosave reload hasn't fixed. Maybe the bugs will become unbearable later on, I'm reserving judgement. But so far this is everything I wanted it to be. As someone who grew up playing and loving immersive sims, this is the perfect mix of deus ex style worldbuilding fused with a vividly realised open world. Looking out V's apartment window at all the cars and little pedestrians in the distance gives me goosebumps like the New York skybox did on Liberty Island twenty years ago. 

And the jazz station has got the Trio Of Doom. Rolling around a cool looking future city listening to Jaco, Tony & John ripping through Dark Prince is a good time. 

100%

first game I can remember has given me this feeling since GTAIII

25 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Post yesterday’s patch it definitely seems sharper and running at a more consistent 60 on XSX now. 

I’ve had one ‘major’ bug where a character wasn’t where they were supposed to be which prevented me finishing a mission but aside from that it’s just the ‘usual’ minor glitchy things so far. 

I think if you’ve played these kind of games before then you’ll be used to it to the point where maybe we’re not noticing. Not saying that’s a good thing, games should be finished, but I don’t think a Witcher or Skyrim fan will have as many issues as perhaps a GTA fan might. 

That's a good point. I saw people taking the piss out of an npc making items appear from thin air. That doesn't even register as weird to me as systematic games like this always do that. 

Actually fuck it. This is great in a lot of ways but after about 10 hours there's just been too many little niggly annoyances with it that detract from the experience as a whole.

Going to ditch it and come back to it when it's more stable I think.

11 minutes ago, Ran said:

How in fucks name do these stupid tech weapons charge? I thought I was missing a perk but even after adding a 'charge up to 75%' perk in the engineering tree I cannot do anything but fire my tech revolver one shot at a time.

Really pissing me off now.

I think you need a cyberware mod that enables smart linking. I know you get a free one when you eventually get around to collecting your pay for rescuing that lass from the bath of ice. I know I certainly need it for my smart gun to do homing bullets. I think it might be the same for tech.

I haven't managed anything myself yet, but hearing about these various ways you can potentially 'break' the game with various upgrades appeals to me. That's the gaming power fantasy and 'hacking' the game like that is surely pretty Cyberpunk. It's not like you have to. I really like Deus Ex Human Revolution because it could be similarly 'gamed'.

The homing bullets are great. You don’t have to use them and they aren’t a magic bullet* but it looks and feels incredibly cool. In a traditional FPS it would likely be OP’d or game breaking but it works for this type of game and setting.

* or are they

1 hour ago, MK-1601 said:

I guess they might be doing some fiddling about under the hood to take proper advantage of the faster storage. But hopefully they've been working on it for a while since getting devkits ages ago.

The rumour I've seen floating about that the patch might even miss 2021 sounds like bollocks to me.

While obviously it's a pisser that the game has been launched in an unstable state, I expect people will forget about it in the long term. I don't think people struggled on with the 360/PS3 versions of GTAV for long.

I don't think CDPR's current role as industry whipping boy will last for long either. It largely boils down to the simple fact that European studios that don't have a charismatic 'figurehead' working social media and the PR circuit in a US timezone basically leave a vacuum for supermarket tabloids like Polygon to fling any old shit to keep their SEO numbers up. I hope CP2077 (and GOG) continue to do well enough in the long term that they don't have to crunch, and they can get into a position like Valve where they can pick and choose the scope of their projects. (Whether Valve is a healthy environment is another conversion)

How does post have 3 posses, fuck me.

34 minutes ago, Ran said:

How in fucks name do these stupid tech weapons charge? I thought I was missing a perk but even after adding a 'charge up to 75%' perk in the engineering tree I cannot do anything but fire my tech revolver one shot at a time.

Really pissing me off now.

For me its just holding down the shoot button, and I've been using tech weapons since the first mission of the game. It's not linked to smart mods. But I did start out with technical ability stat 5 or 6, maybe the tech and other special weapon abilities are locked behind that stat? Though with weapons I can't use effectively because of low Body there are big warning icons over the weapon in the inventory so I'd be surprised if you hadn't noticed something like that. Or maybe its just bugged?

I'm getting into my stealthy hacking stride now, after a tricky opening mission in the food factory - I'm not built for pain and the checkpoints on that were brutal.  Now, I'm shutting down cameras, distracting everything possible and enjoying myself a lot more on the thieving / extraction side jobs.  Classic RPG - the more you do something,  the better you get at it. Love to see those numbers going up and up!  

One hard freeze so far.  Pretty tolerant of minor stuff.  Very Witcher like in terms of the interface.

On the topic of weapon bugs, I've found on PS4 that often selecting scope mods for weapons is buggy, you sometimes have to select a slot multiple times, or back out and go back in in orderfor it to select properly. I also couldn't get any scopes to attach to my sniper rifle apart from one that specifically mentioned sniper rifle in the description, it may be as intended or just a bug, but youd have hoped they would at least title them Sniper Rifle scopes to make it clear if you are restricted to specific scopes.

I'm still in utter love with this. Just been walking and driving around the city picking up the mini side quests and they all are a wonderful distraction. The loot and progression system always makes it feel like I'm working towards something while exploring what must be the most detail and structure packed city in all of video games. 

13 minutes ago, Strategos said:

Mantis blades!  Bloody Hell. Literally. 

It's the leap. It's all about the Mantis Leap. 

*edit* while I don't think some of the writing will ever be anything more than video games writing, some of the topics they've covered are quite thought provoking. I've just done a quest where 

Spoiler

I was charged to kill someone who had murdered a guys wife, but upon talking to the guy it appears he has converted to God thanks to the forgiveness of the sister of someone else he killed. He then wants to have a braindance of him being crucified (ably abetted by a TV corp who want to televise it) so he can reach out to others and get them to take God into their lives too. Lots of people exploiting him and the game sort of leaves it up to you as to whether he is genuine and if so, if he deserves forgiveness.

Hit upon quite a few that put out the thought feelers like that. Gives you something to think about while you're eviscerating people with blades for arms :lol: 

Anyone lost their xp bar / level progress on the hud? Mine's gone and it was useful to see how it was going up to the next level as I need a stat to be a level higher to open a door for a gig mission?  I've tried turning all the hud options on and off but no joy, even reloaded my save but again no joy, very strange.

Had a hard crash and all my settings were reset also. With all the bugs, shitty random AI, awful UI I am totally fucking addicted already it's very compulsive, only done the first main mission I think where you go and get the robot thing. All the rest I've just been picking things off the map and going and doing them, bought a new cyber operating system with all the loot I've sold so now have 4 hack slots and 9 base ram. I just can't stop playing it!

45 minutes ago, Scruff said:

It's the leap. It's all about the Mantis Leap. 

*edit* while I don't think some of the writing will ever be anything more than video games writing, some of the topics they've covered are quite thought provoking. I've just done a quest where 

Hide contents

I was charged to kill someone who had murdered a guys wife, but upon talking to the guy it appears he has converted to God thanks to the forgiveness of the sister of someone else he killed. He then wants to have a braindance of him being crucified (ably abetted by a TV corp who want to televise it) so he can reach out to others and get them to take God into their lives too. Lots of people exploiting him and the game sort of leaves it up to you as to whether he is genuine and if so, if he deserves forgiveness.

Hit upon quite a few that put out the thought feelers like that. Gives you something to think about while you're eviscerating people with blades for arms :lol: 

Have you done the second part of that which pops up later? I was quite impressed.

Has the DF PC settings vid been posted yet? 

Biggest takeaway: hyperhtreading doesn't appear to be working properly on Ryzen CPUs, which would explain why I'm having such gank performance. 

Looks about 20-25% better performance on comparable Intel CPUs, which is stunningly bad form by CDPR there. 

3 minutes ago, Treble said:

Has the DF PC settings vid been posted yet? 

Buggest takeaway: hyoerhtreading doesn't appear to be working properly on Ryzen CPUs, which would explain why I'm having such gank performance. 

Yeah, there was a thing on reddit about threads versus cores and a binary patch. Anyone use Special K and want to do some benchmarking for us?

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Hold down the trigger? I used a tech shotgun that was pretty juicy for a while, but then I got the "Lizzie" pistol, where the charge is like a long burst fire with mad recoil.

Night City feels like a step up in creating a sense of place, in the way HL2, Stalker and RDR2 did in their different ways.

When it's working as intended, you don't feel like you're in a bubble of activity like in most open world games.

It's still massively condensed compared to a real city layout of course. I suppose the next step is going to be painting in all the streets/buildings outside of the hand-crafted areas of interest procedurally like Flight Sim is doing.