Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

I've found 2 game breaking items. Every enemy is down in one shot, even on the hardest setting

Spoiler

The arm missile launcher with tranq darts. Permanently sends any perp to sleep without killing them but registers as a kill for any mission purposes. But, also registers as non-lethal for the Psycho Killer missions

The Suicide Quick Hack. They just kill themselves and don't set off any combat. Anyone nearby will go to alert status and start searching for you but combat doesn't start unless they spot you. Can be used from quite a distance away as well which makes every enemy trivial.

I'm still going to finish the game as I'm enjoying it. Been mostly doing all the side quests/gigs that I find. Level 26 (level 50 Street Cred ) and I haven't started Act 2 yet

On 27/12/2020 at 15:23, smac said:

Mate, I don't even get a mobile signal here. And we're 3 miles from the cabinet, so barely minimal broadband.

It's possible that it was misreporting the estimated time, but it's 45GB, so probably not.

No only if this were back in day on PC. A fellow Muker would have been round within a day and posted a CD with the update on it :) 

Maybe you could set the PS4 up in your car and park outside McDonalds? :lol:(I’ve done this on my switch when on my travels, you can usually update Fortnite before you get your meal, or it’s a hefty update, choose the extra gherkins on your burger and you’ll be fine). 

4 minutes ago, Minion said:

They do sounds well OP, I thought about buying that suicide one but decided against it, will definitely avoid now, I like the chaos when it all kicks off against large numbers of enemies. 

I can't speak for the former, but the suicide one requires a high amount or RAM. It's somewhat overpowered, yes, but can't be used willy-nilly. I found it really good for taking out certain enemies that were otherwise difficult to kill. OP to me would be group suicide, but that's not an option. On it's own? Game breaking? Nope, that's an exaggeration.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

I can't speak for the former, but the suicide one requires a high amount or RAM. It's somewhat overpowered, yes, but can't be used willy-nilly. I found it really good for taking out certain enemies that were otherwise difficult to kill. OP to me would be group suicide, but that's not an option. On it's own? Game breaking? Nope, that's an exaggeration.

Oh how much ram? Are you running a legendary cyberdeck? My ps5 character lvl 26 has 16 intelligence and loads of perks in quick hacking and breach and with the legendary cyberdeck I can near constantly use hacks, it’s a lot of fun! 

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

16 minutes ago, Minion said:

Oh how much ram? Are you running a legendary cyberdeck? My ps5 character lvl 26 has 16 intelligence and loads of perks in quick hacking and breach and with the legendary cyberdeck I can near constantly use hacks, it’s a lot of fun! 

I found a Legendary Deck and thanks to various mods/perks I only need 10 RAM to use the hack (my deck has 18 RAM). Anyone in visual range is dead in seconds with no interaction. Hack a camera and anyone the camera sees is also dead with no interaction. None of these were conscious choices with the perks BTW. Randomly found the deck and had enough eddies & cred to afford it. Due to perks I already had, and random cyberware mods that I picked up, the RAM regens in seconds. Quicker than the cooldown for the hack in fact. OK, yes the choice is still there not to use it but why would I use anything else? I haven't fired a gun in hours and I can pretty much use it "willy-nilly". The only other hacks I now use are Ping  and Camera Control. As I said, I haven't started Act 2 yet and everything on the highest difficulty is now a walkover. 

22 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

I found a Legendary Deck and thanks to various mods/perks I only need 10 RAM to use the hack (my deck has 18 RAM). Anyone in visual range is dead in seconds with no interaction. Hack a camera and anyone the camera sees is also dead with no interaction. None of these were conscious choices with the perks BTW. Randomly found the deck and had enough eddies & cred to afford it. Due to perks I already had, and random cyberware mods that I picked up, the RAM regens in seconds. Quicker than the cooldown for the hack in fact. OK, yes the choice is still there not to use it but why would I use anything else? I haven't fired a gun in hours and I can pretty much use it "willy-nilly". The only other hacks I now use are Ping  and Camera Control. As I said, I haven't started Act 2 yet and everything on the highest difficulty is now a walkover. 

My Int is now 20 and i can also instantly down with system reset/synapse burnout/short circuit etc in large groups -  but my pistols (1200 base damage with 100 percent crit chance etc) also one shot everything due to crit damage (literally doing 20k damage in a single bullet most times if not more)

It's like Skyrim where I could one shot everything not long in with sneak and my arrows or Fallout where my rifle should one shot everything - these games are designed to be power trips at default difficulity. If it is gamebreaking now - it would be in all of these RPG instances really and you can game these systems pretty early on - I did felt like all my exploring and side work felt rewarding in a fucked up OP warm way

The game isn't ugly obviously as that insane shot shows - a lot of the time it is the most impressive graphical showpiece I have ever seen in a game. Which is why sometimes when you get a random side mission with a NPC that looks like this  - UGH - can you believe this is from the same game?

photomode_27122020_094501.thumb.png.aa2f62c4c4214fdbd3265c83bfaf9c06.png

38 minutes ago, Uzi said:

My Int is now 20 and i can also instantly down with system reset/synapse burnout/short circuit etc in large groups -  but my pistols (1200 base damage with 100 percent crit chance etc) also one shot everything due to crit damage (literally doing 20k damage in a single bullet most times if not more)

It's like Skyrim where I could one shot everything not long in with sneak and my arrows or Fallout where my rifle should one shot everything - these games are designed to be power trips at default difficulity. If it is gamebreaking now - it would be in all of these RPG instances really and you can game these systems pretty early on - I did felt like all my exploring and side work felt rewarding in a fucked up OP warm way

Oh yeah, it's why I went for as many side quests as I could lol. I already know I'll be playing through multiple times so I'll have fun with this save

11 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Oh yeah, it's why I went for as many side quests as I could lol. I already know I'll be playing through multiple times so I'll have fun with this save

Good plan - it's an RPG - if you can get geared and statted out to be some unstoppable force I'm all for it. If I want a challenge in combat I'll play Doom Eternal or something

I think the game is inconsistent in how it looks. There are times when it looks fantastic hence all the screenshots, but there's also a lot of times when the game doesn't look great. 

The models are a great example. Sometimes during conversations the character performance is amazing but other times you're looking at these lifeless dolls that move funny. 

I don’t think the game is great at explaining how its systems work. For instance I am now in Act 2, I haven’t used the map yet and am continuously weighed down because I can’t help picking up everything I can, and don’t really know how to get rid of stuff sensibly in those drop off boxes.

I mean I have millions of guns and can only equip three - how do I sort them, and sell everything I don’t need in one button press so I can move faster than a crawl? At the moment I am comparing each one at a time for DPS and pressing A to sell, which seems silly.

Also do you need clothes? I’m riding round the streets naked and it doesn’t seem to have affected my ability to take down street gangs much.

8 hours ago, SM47 said:

The combat in Witcher 3 was pretty mediocre and half the missions were you running around with Witcher smell o vision looking for glowing red marks on the ground. I'm not sure how this aspect qualifies as 'amazing' by comparison to CP2077. The Witcher 3's strengths were its writing and sense of ambience and CP2077 is easily the equal of this. Its primary shortcoming for me is the dire performance on base PS4. Texture pop in is really pronounced and reduces the enjoyment of driving about the city. I'm really hoping they fix it with these new year patches in time for a second play through. 

I found Witcher 3 unplayable and I played the most highly-patched mega version. Tedious and stupid. 

4 hours ago, smac said:

I haven't found any multi-selection mechanism in inventory or selling, which is a pain. More inventory management than Mass Effect 1.

agreed, the inventory system is a shag. If you’re on console the items reorganize themselves as you delete them so you can accidentally get rid of stuff you want. There should be a “loot and deconstruct” button

5 hours ago, ZOK said:

I don’t think the game is great at explaining how its systems work. For instance I am now in Act 2, I haven’t used the map yet and am continuously weighed down because I can’t help picking up everything I can, and don’t really know how to get rid of stuff sensibly in those drop off boxes.

I mean I have millions of guns and can only equip three - how do I sort them, and sell everything I don’t need in one button press so I can move faster than a crawl? At the moment I am comparing each one at a time for DPS and pressing A to sell, which seems silly.

Also do you need clothes? I’m riding round the streets naked and it doesn’t seem to have affected my ability to take down street gangs much.

You can also deconstruct items and weapons from the backpack menu, but still only one at a time. It breaks them down into upgrade components - and no, it doesn't explain the upgrade/crafting side of the game either.

There's a perk in the tech skill tree that automatically deconstructs any junk you find, so you can pick all the crap up without it filling up your backpack.

Clothes all have an amour value, which will definitely make a difference when you're getting shot, and increasingly more so as you go further into the game. You can also get some armour as a body modification though, which should help survival in the nip a little easier.

The best thing to do is not accumulate too much stuff in the first place. If you must grab everything, pause occasionally to deconstruct/sell a load of it. But a lot of weapons are best left on the ground. The colour coding of objects (white for the most common, then green, blue, purple and gold) is often a decent guide to whether it's worth the bother.

2 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

The best thing to do is not accumulate too much stuff in the first place. 

Or, put some points in body to get the +60 capacity perk, get some backpacker (I think that is what it is called) skill mods to fit in your clothes which also increase your carry capacity, and carry even more useless shit around with you :D 

Just break down everything and put some points into crafting - that stuff is insanely strong later with the perk that sometimes upgrades stuff to the next level when you craft it - so you craft like 30 common mods and a bunch of them end up being epic for free. You can make all your money through jobs and access points.

One thing I've found useful for inventory management is to sort weapons by DPS using the filter, lowest to highest. Then you can just spam sell to get rid of all of those shitty guns. It gives you a confirmation prompt for weapons already equipped and unique weapons so the only thing you need to be careful of is accidentally selling backup weapons.

I got the weight upgrade and I pick up everything, though for white junk like ashtrays and crap I've stopped being so fastidious. I make crafting material automatically but I've never even had to craft anything that needs common materials, you're overflowing in common materials and items anyway just by playing normally.

The worst things to sell are drinks, on console whenever you have a stack you have to go through an extra 'confirm amount' screen for each one. 

For the junk to crafting materials perk I like to think V has installed an industrial shredder in his tummy and just shoves everything through a slit across his abdomen, nom nom nom!

On the ugly / beautiful question, I'd say about 90% of the game is properly stunningly beautiful, and the remaining 10% is distractingly rough. You get sections that look absolutely incredible, genuinely like some kind of matte painting that you can actually walk into and explore, like the interior of the Afterlife, and then you'll come across a bit that looks like this:

spacer.png

I mean, it's not *ugly*, and its an area that you're supposed to walk straight through on your way to a mission, but it's pretty spartan. I saw this after a scripted taxi journey and after disembarking, immediately wanted to explore my surroundings, only to find it all looked a bit rough. The other issue is that the pedestrians have horrible-looking animation, and AI that makes it seem like they're coming up on powerful acid - they tend to walk in one direction then get confused and turn round and walk back again. It's deeply unconvincing, and knackers the immersion, especially the way they swivel around like gun turrets, and slide around to get out of each others' way.

The remaining 90% is gorgeous, but that 10% casts a long shadow.

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Okay, thanks all I’ll try that - so deconstructing weapons is a manual selection then? Does that give me ammo or is that something to build also?

I don’t think deconstructing a weapon gives you ammo, but you can craft ammo. Under the Crafting tab, the ammo items are at the bottom of the list.

Deconstructing items gives you crafting xp, plus the ability to then craft basics out of necessity or to craft and sell more valuable items at a vendor point.

Really enjoying just moseying around doing side jobs and, with my high tech skill, extremely frequent jacking.  When the overnight rain clears and leaves puddles in the road, it's all very easy on the eye, with ocasional brutal episodes spoiling the mood somewhat. 

Not sure my puny body strength will support too many major mods but the jumpy ankles are wonderful. 

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags