Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Vemsie

On a different note, anyone else really liking the soundtrack? What are everyone's favourite radio stations? Mine are:

Radio Vexelstrom

Body Heat Radio

Morro Rock Radio

Some highlights from these respectively:

Pacific & Vexelstrom

and radio off for good measure

i just did a side mission with a level 16 body stat check door which I failed. So i shot at the door and alerted all the enemies inside and they all ran out and got mowed down. Cheers guys

also the beat on the brat mission can fuck off if

Spoiler

you choose to wager his rifle 

@Thor have to agree with you that the soundtrack is incredible.

My main stations were PEBKAC, Night FM, and the jazz one.

Whoever put together the tracklisting for PEBKAC really really knew their stuff. So many incredible songs:

Crusing around the city at night, the rain falling, the neon reflected in the streets, off to kill someone, and this song starts playing:

Oh also the scene in the Maelstrom club where you come across these guys on the door:

Lj2Nxo3.png

Talk your way in, to find this:

g8dEVws.jpg

yzjL5ZE.png

With this song playing:

Is such a perfect scene. Fuck Nancy, I didn't want to leave the club.

7 hours ago, Thor said:

On a different note, anyone else really liking the soundtrack? 

The soundtrack is not my cup of tea.  It's just too hard and noisy :(

I mean there are so many songs that would suit Night City better than most of what I've heard so far. 

7 hours ago, Thor said:

I have to ask, and this isn't just for you @dr_manhattan^, but everyone who feels the open world is paper thin ... I know the game is full of smoke and mirrors, I've actually used that exact phrase myself earlier in this thread, but where the smoke and mirrors work (mostly*) for me, they clearly don't for you and many others, so my question is, what is it you were expecting the game to simulate that it does not?

*Where it completely falls down in this particular department for me is the police, and how they just teleport in en masse, but run around the corner and they forget about you. It's completely absurd. And no cops in cars, no cop car chases... :(

The police is a big one but for me the inability of the AI to drive outside of just the normal traffic patterns is a massive let down in an open world game.

I've done so many missions now where you're either stealing a vehicle or assassinating someone etc where even if you've alerted the whole building as soon as you drive away it's over because the AI are rooted to the area. 

37 minutes ago, Zael said:

The police is a big one but for me the inability of the AI to drive outside of just the normal traffic patterns is a massive let down in an open world game.

I've done so many missions now where you're either stealing a vehicle or assassinating someone etc where even if you've alerted the whole building as soon as you drive away it's over because the AI are rooted to the area. 

It would be impossible to implement the type of AI behaviour GTA uses because of all the narrow streets. The city is too crowded. Hopefully they will do something about the current AI behaviour though.

1 hour ago, Stevie said:

The soundtrack is not my cup of tea.  It's just too hard and noisy

Pacific is pretty chilled, some tech-house and chilled electro but you;re right that's why I usually end up on Pacific as it seems to be the most chilled electronic station and most appropriate for the futuristic vibe.

Played this on PS5. Completed game at the 90 hour mark by doing all side missions and main missions and not buying any cars except one.

Had over 110 crashes on the PS5. Basically it crashed nearly every hour or more.

So many bugs across the game. Same person walking past twenty times. 

The city feels so empty on console. Nobody was there half the time. Like five cars max on screen. For a city that is supposed to be hectic it felt empty.

11 hours ago, Thor said:

Or you're just shooting their limbs. You can incapacitate anyone just by shooting their legs. For the Cyberpsychos this does mean shooting their legs repeatedly, but I now use the System Reset quickhack to deal with them. I've only got two of the CPs left now. 

Weird. I've been aiming at the bits that hurt most, and the first time I thought I must have got lucky but I've done about 9 now and I think they've all ended up rolling around on the floor and more than once I've told whatserface that they're alive. Don't suppose there's any way to tell how many you actually killed?

And I definitely don't have any non-lethal optical implant given the majority of people I'm sniping no longer have heads.

6 minutes ago, Phelan said:

Played this on PS5. Completed game at the 90 hour mark by doing all side missions and main missions and not buying any cars except one.

Had over 110 crashes on the PS5. Basically it crashed nearly every hour or more.

So many bugs across the game. Same person walking past twenty times. 

The city feels so empty on console. Nobody was there half the time. Like five cars max on screen. For a city that is supposed to be hectic it felt empty.

I don't get many more cars than that on PC. Except when viewing a highway from a long distance, then there are a load. It would do my head in trying to drive around like it's the Fulham Road though.

Just now, choddo said:

I don't get many more cars than that on PC. Except when viewing a highway from a long distance, then there are a load.

Yeah I did a sniper look at that and they all disappear while you look at them. It's shit!

27 minutes ago, choddo said:

Weird. I've been aiming at the bits that hurt most, and the first time I thought I must have got lucky but I've done about 9 now and I think they've all ended up rolling around on the floor and more than once I've told whatserface that they're alive. Don't suppose there's any way to tell how many you actually killed?

And I definitely don't have any non-lethal optical implant given the majority of people I'm sniping no longer have heads.

All my psychos went down to ground despite me using lethal force.  I’ve been sniping at their faces most of the time. 

claire’s truck is a piece of shit but it doesn’t really matter what you use due to the rubberbanding right? Just did my first street race. 90 hours in, have cleared a few neighborhoods of blue and yellow. 

I realized I got offered that fancy car you have to steal during the streetkid intro. I went and bought it - fucking gorgeous. $225,000. Drives like shit though, thank god I’d saved :lol:

3 hours ago, Zael said:

I had one where you have to pursue and destroy an ‘AI’ driven taxi, and it basically drove into a parked car on an entirely empty street, then slowly shunted itself back and forth while I stood there and shot it to pieces.

Also re the soundtrack, in some gun battles (probably jobs) it seems to start up some godawful rock shite, and I can’t work out how to stop it - anybody know how?

15 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I had one where you have to pursue and destroy an ‘AI’ driven taxi, and it basically drove into a parked car on an entirely empty street, then slowly shunted itself back and forth while I stood there and shot it to pieces.

Yeah there are a few set pieces in the game where you have to chase or get away from a car and they're all really badly scripted  

Having said that, that particular set of jobs has been one of my favourites so far, as you properly tour the city and get a feel for what an amazing place it is.

4 hours ago, Stevie said:

The soundtrack is not my cup of tea.  It's just too hard and noisy :(

I mean there are so many songs that would suit Night City better than most of what I've heard so far. 

Those two tracks are great, but I don't feel they're representative of the Night City we get in this game. 

10 minutes ago, Zael said:

Yeah there are a few set pieces in the game where you have to chase or get away from a car and they're all really badly scripted  

Aye, the worst offender there is easily the first Joshua Stephenson mission. Truman Show levels of "let's put some cars in your way to try and stop you". The car chase in that mission is, for me, the game's nadir. It's woeful. That actual questline is pretty good though; proper fucked up.

Back on a happier note, I did a very high level "gun for hire" side gig last night - some doors required level 19 technical ability! I had level 18 and so had to find other ways. But as someone who enjoys the simplistic stealth in this, by the end of the mission I felt like my V was a proper assassin. It was brilliant. And it was just a completely optional little side-gig. In other games that would have been a main mission. I've been seeking out the all the quest markers in my second play and have found loads of stuff I completely missed on my first play. Anyone else met Brendan yet? :lol: