Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

1 hour ago, Thor said:

. If things kicked off and I needed to say "fuck it" then I switched to the excellent Divided We Stand smart SMG. 

1 hour ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Divided We Stand for the lols, Widowmaker when I'm feeling super lazy - a certain someones hand cannon for special occasions.

I've just picked up* 'Divided we Stand'. Seemed a bit underpowered so I haven't used it, yet. It sounds like I should give it a go...

Spoiler

I didn't win the competition. I came fourth and then kicked off a fight in which everyone else died...

Just now, smac said:

I've just picked up* 'Divided we Stand'. Seemed a bit underpowered so I haven't used it, yet. It sounds like I should give it a go...

Hide contents

I didn't win the competition. I came fourth and then kicked off a fight in which everyone else died...

Spoiler

I won the competition and then decided I'd party with the MAGA crew on the roof...however (and this is shameful so any harsh judgement is warranted), one of the MAGA ladies was doing a crazy lap dance which I stopped and enjoyed for a while. Turned to leave by jumping off the roof (standard) when I was confronted by a very shapely bottom in some hot pants right at eye level and the prompt came up "Y to grab" - well lets just say I ended up in a rather awkward hostage situation...

I love the guns and having loads to peruse through, add mods to, sell, disassemble, craft etc... I am a loot junky though. I like when i am bored of my 3 current guns changing to some different ones for fun, I don't touch melee. My legendary cyberdeck unit is now fully stocked with epic quickhacks so I can shock and synapse burnout crowds with ease, I have this on hard and could probably knock it up to the highest difficulty to be fair as it's not that challenging when I can drop groups of enemies with ease, I;m sure I'll hit a hard section soon. Also just bought my first car, the Mitzu Shion or whatever it's called because I love the way they handle. God I really love this game.

@Thor - you never fired a shotgun in 2 playthroughs? You're mad dude, they are so satisfying especially the long double barreled ones, they can knock enemies clean off their feet it's so fun.

5 hours ago, Fused gamer said:

Really weird bug now. I can't do anything apart from run around the place. Can't draw a weapon, nothing. 

I had this and had to go back to a previous save. I lost 2 hours. Turns out I don’t use my gun that often. 

2 hours ago, Oz said:

Panam is great

I act like a teenager every time I see her name appear on my phone.

also - was doing a funny aide quest with the 6th st gang earlier and managed to chokehold one of them when I meant to reload. Party turned ugly pretty quickly.

13 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Divided We Stand for the lols, Widowmaker when I'm feeling super lazy - a certain someones hand cannon for special occasions.

Divided We Stand is my rifle of choice. 

I have a few pistols, but usually go with Archangel. I have it modded with a silencer and holo-sight, it's fucking deadly when used during stealth. 

Fits my bounty hunter, gunslinger persona. I also have Skippy, for when shit really hits the fan. 

Love the smart sniper rifle, which is understandably nerfed by only being able to fire one bullet, before having to reload. 

My biggest problem is looting or buying clothes and then immediately going back to what I was already wearing. 

I am pissed off, was trying to play inna Gibson stylee and remain friends with 

Spoiler

the Voodoo Boys, but I inadvertently blew Mama Brigitte’s head off at point blank range with a sniper rifle after I got out of the net dive ice bath and had to murder everyone to get out of the church...I guess that’s that for me and them?

8 minutes ago, max renn said:

Does anyone know how to craft mods for

Reveal hidden contents

Johnny's pistol? 

Haven't found any in the wild and it's got 4 slots waiting to be filled with extra death

Cheers

You need to get the crafting specs, I found crunch at the weapon vendor at that motel out in the badlands where you hole up with Panam after your first big mission with her but I believe it can be found at any weapon vendor by random. 

Just now, max renn said:

Thing is I've got various specs already but none of them can be applied to said weapon

I don't have that weapon but I don't see why it would be any different to any others, can you craft the mods for other weapons?

34 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I am pissed off, was trying to play inna Gibson stylee and remain friends with 

Hide contents

the Voodoo Boys, but I inadvertently blew Mama Brigitte’s head off at point blank range with a sniper rifle after I got out of the net dive ice bath and had to murder everyone to get out of the church...I guess that’s that for me and them?

You needn't worry about that.

Spoiler

You leave on bad terms irrespective of whether you walk out or shoot your way out. You never deal with them again, which for me is one of the more disappointing aspects of the game. 

Perhaps they, and Placide in particular (you can't kill him), will feature in DLC.

Last night I installed a game-changing mod: Better Mini-Map. It's simply a more zoomed out map, but it is buggy, revealing perhaps why it's so zoomed in in the first place. Sometimes roads flicker or don't load in straight away on the map. However, the key thing is the yellow dots that point the way are always there, and that's made a huge difference to traversing around the city. I can now brake appropriately, and I'm not having to do a U-turn every time.

1 minute ago, K said:

What’s the downside to using smart weapons? Do they just not do as much damage as conventional guns?

Some enemies have tech that can counter the smart technology in your gun and send the bullets away, making them effectively invincible unless you switch to a standard weapon.

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

You needn't worry about that.

Hide contents

You leave on bad terms irrespective of whether you walk out or shoot your way out. You never deal with them again, which for me is one of the more disappointing aspects of the game. 

Perhaps they, and Placide in particular (you can't kill him), will feature in DLC.

Interesting! But no, I killed 

Spoiler

Placide, and took his nice 4-slot coat which I’m wearing now - I roasted him with my katana along with everyone else.

4 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Interesting! But no, I killed 

Reveal hidden contents

Placide, and took his nice 4-slot coat which I’m wearing now - I roasted him with my katana along with everyone else.

Interesting...

Spoiler

For me, when I shot my way out, I could down him, but not kill him. You sure you didn't just incapacitate him? 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Interesting...

Hide contents

For me, when I shot my way out, I could down him, but not kill him. You sure you didn't just incapacitate him? 

It’s hard to say -

Spoiler

he seemed dead, and all his stuff was there for looting like everyone else, but I guess he could have been just lying there immobile.

In other news I finally got some leg augmentations - the cyber ankles are amazing! Suddenly I’m leaping around Night City like Spiderwoman, what a great game!

There was supposed to be a wall running mechanic, but they ditched it part way through unfortunately.

I'd be interested to see if any of the cut parts are slowly re-introduced to the game in major patch updates. There are things that would be criminal to no reapply, like being able to mod cars but we shall see I guess. Maybe when the class action lawsuits stop :lol: 

I've been mopping up some side quests, but tempted to just go to the endgame now - only worry is that there may be some choice missions that are still to spring up that'll miss out on. Once I finish it I'm planning on starting again as a different class, probably Nomad, so I guess I should just press on.

50 minutes ago, Welrain said:

The jumping mods are fantastic and really open up the stealth aspect of the game. 

I am katana focussed, and have so far been loving jumping into areas to bring them sword news from above - this is going to add a whole new dimension.

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

It’s hard to say -

Hide contents

he seemed dead, and all his stuff was there for looting like everyone else, but I guess he could have been just lying there immobile.

Well, you'll know if...

Spoiler

… you get a message from Placide telling you to watch your back. That happened whether I shot my way out, or simply walked out.