Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

7 hours ago, ZOK said:

It’s just amazing that we are getting Series X equivalent performance out of the Stadia - my total investment for game, Chromecast and controller was £40!

I got the game on stadia and PS5 and thought the ps5 version looked a lot better. I am not sure how much of a difference the 4k HDR version on stadia pro makes as I was playing on stadia boggo.

I ended up selling the stadia kit to a mate.

9 minutes ago, Oz said:

what the fuck is up with Regina. I feel like all my gigs are for her. I am 50 hours in and I am about to go meet the vodoo boys. 

If you stick around Watson, then yeah all the gigs'll be for her. 

Got my first ricochet headshot after installing the correct cybermods. It does mean you can't use smart weapons (well, you can but they fire straight), but damn that headshot was satisfying. :)

1 minute ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Question about a certain band member

Hide contents

I’ve done a mission with Blue Moon, is that it or do they have a story arc to follow? 

Spoiler

Sadly that's it. I was hoping for more from them too. 

34 minutes ago, tobert said:

I got the game on stadia and PS5 and thought the ps5 version looked a lot better. I am not sure how much of a difference the 4k HDR version on stadia pro makes as I was playing on stadia boggo.

I ended up selling the stadia kit to a mate.

I don’t think there’s any point having it if you have a local machine also - I’m playing in 4K HDR and it looks amazing, but then I’ve nothing to compare it to.

But I guess the comparison here is if you play it on PS5 you paid £500 all in, and if you play it on Stadia you (I) paid £40 all in...does the PS5 version look £460 better? That DF video doesn’t make the difference sound compelling at all really. Of course if you bought a PS5 anyway, that’s moot.

8 hours ago, Thor said:
  Hide contents

Sadly that's it. I was hoping for more from them too. 

Shame. I guess I should hunt down the last Cyberpyschos and get to the end game then. I’ve really enjoyed the random phone calls from minor characters in this.

I guess there’s little point in buying Cyberpunk on Stadia if you have a PS5, although it seems to be almore stable on Stadia - I haven’t had a single crash while playing. Although that’s tempered by the fact that it seems to be a bit behind on patches - Stadia is still on 1.05, so there are still a few visual glitches and bits where characters suddenly start talking about something that didn’t happen. 

21 hours ago, choddo said:

Oh man I did the cyberpsycho in the industrial plot with the exoskeleton. Got absolutely chinned to shit repeatedly (in spite of my 0-5 now dishing out 20k damage headshots against normal enemies) until I started to actually use my brain.

get the system reset quick hack and it knocks them unconscious regardless of their health bar with a single use. It’s a RAM hog so make sure you’ve upgraded your cyberdeck 

kind of spoils the challenge but you can always do battle for a while until you’re almost fucked and then chuck it in as a Hail Mary 

1 hour ago, K said:

I guess there’s little point in buying Cyberpunk on Stadia if you have a PS5, although it seems to be almore stable on Stadia - I haven’t had a single crash while playing. Although that’s tempered by the fact that it seems to be a bit behind on patches - Stadia is still on 1.05, so there are still a few visual glitches and bits where characters suddenly start talking about something that didn’t happen. 

I’ve had one crash, but I think that was Stadia / my own internet rather than the game.

A glitch I am seeing occasionally now is the ‘pick up object’ box becoming glued to the display, rather than disappearing when you pick it up - but picking up something else seems to clear it. Mostly annoying if you’ve started a cutscene afterwards.

Incidentally I stopped to listen to a couple talking and the woman had a man’s voice and the man had a woman’s voice - I don’t know if this was a glitch, or the game subverting gender stereotypes.

Do the car headlights in the PC version properly light up the road at night? One thing annoying me is using the in-car camera and driving in the wasteland at night not being able to see a bloody thing.

Not to be captain pedantic but the PS5 version is yet to be released. It’s “coming soon”, and a free upgrade if you own the PS4 version. 

It’s the PS4 version played via backwards compatible that people are playing, and the increased clock speed brute forces better performance. It’s exactly as buggy though. 

57 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

get the system reset quick hack and it knocks them unconscious regardless of their health bar with a single use. It’s a RAM hog so make sure you’ve upgraded your cyberdeck 

kind of spoils the challenge but you can always do battle for a while until you’re almost fucked and then chuck it in as a Hail Mary 

Yeah I have that now. But I whupped him (non-lethally) by...

Spoiler

rushing into the building and quietly opening the door behind him while the poor sap in the yard was attracting his attention. Let me get a couple of decent pops into his cranium before having to take cover and let him get drawn into the other fight again, then I bashed his bonce in gently with a trusty.

The other guy did actually survive, and then had the audacity to turn on me after I'd saved him. That didn't end well for him.

1 minute ago, ZOK said:

Has anyone done that one with Joshua and the tv production company? Blimey!

Yep! Another proper fucked up one, was disappointed they disabled photo mode for it, but can absolutely understand why. 

2 hours ago, SteveH said:

Do the car headlights in the PC version properly light up the road at night? One thing annoying me is using the in-car camera and driving in the wasteland at night not being able to see a bloody thing.

It all depends on the vehicle. If the car has proper headlights like a proper car, then you should be alright. However, some of the most fun cars to drive, such as the V-Tech and the Caliburn, have either a thin light strip, or just a tiny light on the front. Therefore no decent lights for driving in the dark. This is one of the reasons that, for me, the best car in the game is one you can get late in the game:

Spoiler

Johnny's Porsche 911. PROPER FUCKING HEADLIGHTS!!

I fucked up the Joshua mission by accidentally  picking the text option to bail on it - wish they had an option to make sure you are defo ditching a mission. The abrupt way they just walked out of the house, got in their van and sped away was at least comical.

24 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Ive properly nailed driving the Quadra V-Tech in this, the only reason I come unstuck is because the minimap DOESNT ZOOM OUT AT HIGH SPEED

It's fine on PC. :coffee: ... 

... with a mod. :lol:  Honestly, it's a complete joke that you need mods like this to make the game properly playable. The minimap mod really is a genuine game-changer - I no longer have to do a u-turn because I missed the turn-off. 

5 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Yeah, I'm just mopping up the Cyberpsycho missions and it goes: reach destination; get call; approach cautiously; see psycho at long range; crouch; get in scanning range; scan; do a System Reset; search area for clues; call handler; get paid.

I now also seem to get two people with one hack - must be an 'extra victim' perk.

2 hours ago, Fused gamer said:

That Joshua mission was :huh:

Ohhhhh, that mission! Total lunacy.

Spoiler

So, did you go through with it to the end? I bailed when it came to the nailing up bit...

20 minutes ago, smac said:

Reveal hidden contents

So, did you go through with it to the end? I bailed when it came to the nailing up bit...

Spoiler

I nailed him and watch him bleed out - I was convinced that something was going to happen that would stop the whole thing..it didn't.

20 minutes ago, smac said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Bottled it. Just felt odd.

Don't read these spoilers, dude. You want to go into this one blind.

Edit: @Welrain, @Fused gamer - yeah, I could not see how it was going to pan out, so I really did not know what to do for the best. Shows just how fucked-up this game world has become.