Jump to content

Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, smac said:

Found a hidden mission - spotted a weird patch on the floor near a station - scanned it, found it was the start of a blood trail, which took me to a body in a nearby alley. That had a shard which led me to a lock up garage out in the sticks, there a photo that has me looking for some random guy in Japantown.

Where was this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thor said:

Where was this?

 

Spoiler

I think it was in Japantown - outside a subway station. The quest is a bit of a needle in a haystack, to be honest.

 

The reward is

Spoiler

a motorbike - one of the Tyger Claws' preferred models

 

I checked the quest online - it is hidden; most walkthroughs give a different starting point.

 

Spoiler

A garage near the base of the dam.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I quite like about the fixer missions is that they're quite sparing with the moral ambiguity, and make it clear sometimes that these people are scumbags who you can kill with a clear conscience. Like, the Last of Us 2 is a staggeringly good game, but the constant moral conflict over your actions was pretty emotionally draining. In this, you get some missions where you're in an ambiguous space, and in others you're charged with killing people who make snuff BDs and who abduct and dissect waifs and strays, so you can go buck wild.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K said:

What I quite like about the fixer missions is that they're quite sparing with the moral ambiguity, and make it clear sometimes that these people are scumbags who you can kill with a clear conscience. Like, the Last of Us 2 is a staggeringly good game, but the constant moral conflict over your actions was pretty emotionally draining. In this, you get some missions where you're in an ambiguous space, and in others you're charged with killing people who make snuff BDs and who abduct and dissect waifs and strays, so you can go buck wild.

 

And anything involving Maelstrom.

 

But am I a bad person for taking out the 66th Street 'MAGA'-style idiots whenever I see them because, Trump?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to knock off gang members of any affiliation whenever I see them if I’ve got time, just to be sure.

 

Had a funny one yesterday - just as I was turning a bunch of Tiger Claws into sushi one of them managed to say ‘hey, we’re not all bad!’ before his head fell off. I did feel a bit mean

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Steve McQueef said:

Some of the fixers are right cheeky cunts, when you have to get a bit murdery. 

 

It's wasn't you out there in the desert, surrounded by snipers, heavy gunners and turrets, bitch! 

 

I love the snarky comments you get.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the gun for hire fixer missions I always assassinate. Fuck the extra effort of carting their body back to a car. The only time I don't is if there's an option to complete the mission without killing/carting off. There are at least two where you can persuade the target to get the fuck outta Dodge.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to take a body to a car and must have gone out of the building through a sneaky route, got myself lost spending ages running around the city with this body. Eventually I figured I could just drop it over the side of the raised up freeway down to the car waiting below...body went splat and the fixer called me up congratulating me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, smac said:

I'm 100 hours in and the game is still throwing new side missions at me.

 

And I'm ignoring most of the blue 'assault in progress' markers.

Yeah, every time I think I'm done in an area, a new '?' will randomly popup. 

 

I'm loving the side missions, that's where you see and hear the real Night City. 

 

BTW, who else felt no sympathy whatsoever for

Spoiler

Brendan? He tried to kill me at one point, so fuck 'em. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to whack someone in a nightclub for Padre and there was a bonus for not getting into combat in the club. So I found the target in his office using security cams, and then activated cyberpsychosis. He went nuts and attacked his underlings while I strolled around looting objects and corpses, and hacking access points until someone eventually killed him by which point I'd burgled the entire place and walked off down the street :lol:

 

Also my System Reset now spreads to targets within a certain range so I can clear entire rooms peacefully now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I had to whack someone in a nightclub for Padre and there was a bonus for not getting into combat in the club. So I found the target in his office using security cams, and then activated cyberpsychosis. He went nuts and attacked his underlings while I strolled around looting objects and corpses, and hacking access points until someone eventually killed him by which point I'd burgled the entire place and walked off down the street :lol:

 

Also my System Reset now spreads to targets within a certain range so I can clear entire rooms peacefully now.

 

I Deus Ex'd that one - found a lighting access run at ceiling level, snuck across over the heads of the clubbers, then shot him in the head with a silenced pistol through the window. Yes, that counted as not getting into combat!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smac said:

I leave the Valentinos alone ....

 

Tyger Claws attack me on sight. Dunno what I did to them.

spoiler alert! man I love policing this stuff on the forum. makes me feel superior. :) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot that the Gorilla Arms mod lets you rip turret guns off their perches. Was VERY cathartic when I remembered (clearing out a stockade in the badlands with bloody annoying snipers).

 

I always murderise 6th St. (pricks), Scavs and usually Maelstrom. Don't think I've actually gone up against Voodoo Boys apart from random gang skirmishes in Pacifica.

 

I love all the different ways people have done that club mission. Yeah, not alerting/aggroing anyone or getting spotted by cams counts as 'no combat'. You can still kill with sniping, hacking, takedowns etc. as long as nobody finds the bodies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I had to whack someone in a nightclub for Padre and there was a bonus for not getting into combat in the club. So I found the target in his office using security cams, and then activated cyberpsychosis. He went nuts and attacked his underlings while I strolled around looting objects and corpses, and hacking access points until someone eventually killed him by which point I'd burgled the entire place and walked off down the street :lol:

 

10 minutes ago, smac said:

 

I Deus Ex'd that one - found a lighting access run at ceiling level, snuck across over the heads of the clubbers, then shot him in the head with a silenced pistol through the window. Yes, that counted as not getting into combat!

This was one of my favourites. I just went in the club, did a little ping and spotted someone in a glass-paned office overlooking the dancefloor. The target. I used the Suicide quickhack. People started panicking and running out of the club after he shot himself, and I ran with them. The guys on the door did the yellow MGS "!" but never came after me. Got the bonus for not triggering combat in the club. 

 

Felt like a proper Cyber Agent 47. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MK-1601 said:

I forgot that the Gorilla Arms mod lets you rip turret guns off their perches. Was VERY cathartic when I remembered (clearing out a stockade in the badlands with bloody annoying snipers).


You can do that with normal arms too once you reach 9 Body iirc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Thor said:

 

This was one of my favourites. I just went in the club, did a little ping and spotted someone in a glass-paned office overlooking the dancefloor. The target. I used the Suicide quickhack. People started panicking and running out of the club after he shot himself, and I ran with them. The guys on the door did the yellow MGS "!" but never came after me. Got the bonus for not triggering combat in the club. 

 

Felt like a proper Cyber Agent 47. :)


I need to find that quickhack. System reset is good for cyber psychos but if you use it on assassination targets you have to carry their snoring body out the building. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:


I need to find that quickhack. System reset is good for cyber psychos but if you use it on assassination targets you have to carry their snoring body out the building. 

I can't remember how I got it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I had to whack someone in a nightclub for Padre and there was a bonus for not getting into combat in the club. So I found the target in his office using security cams, and then activated cyberpsychosis. He went nuts and attacked his underlings while I strolled around looting objects and corpses, and hacking access points until someone eventually killed him by which point I'd burgled the entire place and walked off down the street :lol:

 

Also my System Reset now spreads to targets within a certain range so I can clear entire rooms peacefully now.

I got stuck in that mission due to a bug

 

Spoiler

Talked my way into the club. Stealthily made all the guards suicide then shot the guy. Carried him to the exit in full view of everyone dancing only to find the door at the exit had shut and required an access card that only the 2 guys outside were carrying

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

I got stuck in that mission due to a bug

 

  Hide contents

Talked my way into the club. Stealthily made all the guards suicide then shot the guy. Carried him to the exit in full view of everyone dancing only to find the door at the exit had shut and required an access card that only the 2 guys outside were carrying

 

 

There's an elevator you can access from the side of the stage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Thor said:

I can't remember how I got it now.

 

I think I got it from

 

Spoiler

 a dead guy in a fridge in the area with loads of rubbish bags, then I took his ancient cyberdeck to a guy in night city who I helped hack it and save his life.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Booted this up for the first time since launch week just to have a quick drive around the city. Despite my current misgivings about the game at present, the city remains a pretty astonishing place to drive around in, that’s for sure. Hanging on from a proper game until the next round of patches hit though. The sheer amount of good things being talked about here is getting me much more hopeful though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.