Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Vemsie

33 minutes ago, Oz said:

do you know which tree or something. I have looked for ages. Thansk! 

It requires 16 points in the tech tree (crafting). You also need to disassemble the item to get mods back, can't just remove it from an item I believe.

Man I don't want this to end so I've avoided the main quests as much as I can, I have the Go Meet The Voodoo Boys Quest and Meet

Spoiler

Takamura

(after the first initial cafe meet), and I have Judy's quest to meet her outside the club which I'm guessing will be the photo's I've seen posted in this thread of the Maelstrom club. How many more quests after those 2 main ones I mentioned please, as I'm running out of side stuff to do?

18 minutes ago, Minion said:

... I'm guessing will be the photo's I've seen posted in this thread of the Maelstrom club

Nope.  You're meeting her outside Clouds, where you've already been. That Maelstrom club is very late game but completely optional/easily missed. If you've had a call to meet Elizabeth Peralez (it just happens), I'd crack on with that - bloody good side quest that opens up another side quest and character. 

edit: Wait, you're running out of side stuff? Have you met Panam yet?

23 minutes ago, Minion said:

Man I don't want this to end so I've avoided the main quests as much as I can, I have the Go Meet The Voodoo Boys Quest and Meet

Hide contents

Takamura

(after the first initial cafe meet), and I have Judy's quest to meet her outside the club which I'm guessing will be the photo's I've seen posted in this thread of the Maelstrom club. How many more quests after those 2 main ones I mentioned please, as I'm running out of side stuff to do?

Honestly you have a shitload more content to get through - I believe more sidequests open up as you do main quests. My advice would be to

Spoiler

Go take care of Judy as she's an absolute treat and her missions are my favorite so far, vaccuum up all the yellow and blue bits on the map, and then do some more main quest stuff until more side stuff opens up, and then repeat. I'm in the same position as you, except I've done Judy both literally and figuratively.

I've been feeling pretty bummed out these days, and I finally worked out why. I have Avatar syndrome, except I don't want to live on Pandora. I want a nice little flat off a backalley in Kabuki or something, and I want to open the bar I want to open in real life and have a big tiddy cyberpunk gf and take sunset rides on my Arch while I listen to a synthwave playlist. Pathetic

Also I now have 600,000 Edwards

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

Nope.  You're meeting her outside Clouds, where you've already been. That Maelstrom club is very late game but completely optional/easily missed. If you've had a call to meet Elizabeth Peralez (it just happens), I'd crack on with that - bloody good side quest that opens up another side quest and character. 

edit: Wait, you're running out of side stuff? Have you met Panam yet?

If people haven't done these quests or met these people don't read my spoilers for your own sake please.

Yeah I've met Panam

Spoiler

she's moved out to the sticks but has a side gig apparently so will go do that soon

, Peralez I've done

Spoiler

and bedded my River though I just went to visit him and we didn't bone again so I'm not sure what the point of being in a relationship with him is, hopefully he has more stuff cos I like him.

Peralez

Spoiler

I think the quest has come to an end because I told her husband what was going on and now they deleted me as a contact so I will need to do that differently next time which is annoying as I wanted to see who was behind it

I guess I can start to move the main quest a little further so thanks both, and progress Judy though may just finish Panam first. man what a game, this is really a delight.

I have finally done all of the sidequests and jobs, and all of the reported crimes. Only car purchases and assaults in progress left on the map. Helped whatsisname threaten some pop stars.

Just the 'point of no return' meeting with ******-sama to go.

3 minutes ago, smac said:

I have finally done all of the sidequests and jobs, and all of the reported crimes. Only car purchases and assaults in progress left on the map. Helped whatsisname threaten some pop stars.

Just the 'point of no return' meeting with ******-sama to go.

Skip time for 24 hours... there's at least one more side quest, unless you've done it already.

5 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

For the love of god spoilers. I don’t understand what’s so hard to understand. Stupid identikit side quest spoilers are excusable and I’m certainly guilty of that but main quest / end game stuff? You should be ashamed

Ive been ducking Takemura’s invitation to the market for a month 

Keep your pants on. I've not spoiled anything in the game aside from some bizarre choice which noone interested in the game would choose anyway. Nothing about the story or the mission to which it relates. The only thing I'm ashamed about is wasting my time accidentally finding it in the first place.

@tronied don't be twat, that is absolutely an ending spoiler, you should go back and tag it. 

@smac I'm now doing The Highwayman, what an absolute prick of a quest.

Spoiler

I found the garage, inside is an email and picture of James and Josie for reference. But that pic is all you have to go on, and unless I'm mistaken there's no way to to check that pic again. The Journal mentions looking in Japantown, so that's what I did, but ended up going back to the garage to look at the pic and take a screenshot, which I then uploaded to Flickr so I could look at it on my phone.

After that I went back to Japantown and worked out from the pic that if it was indeed taken in Japantown it's likely on the outskirts. Sure enough, I managed to find James. I asked him about Josie and all he knew was that she ran for the metro looking to head south from Japantown. So I checked the Metros at Japantown, and the Metros at South and North Glen. Found nothing.

I recalled you saying you found some blood right outside a station, so I was getting frustrated. In the end I googled it. Turns out the bloodstain is indeed outside a Metro station, but it's another one 200m from North Glen and, get this, isn't marked on the map as a fast travel point despite actually being a fast travel point. :facepalm:

Fucking CDPR can't half be twats sometimes. :lol: I'm now off to confront James.

Cheers for the heads up on the quest. :hat: I wonder what else is hidden away... 

8 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

For some reason @Thor I read your post in a Russian accent. "Don't be twat, comrade"

tenor.gif?itemid=14712585

Spoiler

I have no idea why, but fair enough. :lol:

As for ending spoilers, Flosh, of all the endings that can happen, that one being spoiled is the least annoying I'd say. 

51 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Yeah that's right @tronied, eat it

For some reason @Thor I read your post in a Russian accent. "Don't be twat, comrade"

Ha! this made me laugh out loud. I read them in the voice of drippy lord high lord of the fairies. Probably the exact opposite. 

You're a funny guy, Oz. ;)

Back on topic, as fun as it is richoceting bullets off walls, the novelty wears off quickly. Smart weapons are more fun. However, on this third play I've crafted a Legendary Widow Maker and am continuing to upgrade it. Beast of a weapon. :D

5 hours ago, Thor said:

It's not that one. In fact if that's the last you've done there's more. But the one I'm on about is called Every breath you take.

Keep skipping time to get phonecalls.

Cheers - looks like I missed a couple, like you said. Another bromance...

And yes, Widowmaker is still one of my mainstays - been using it most of the game since I picked one up in a scav stronghold on a Panam mission. The charged shot is pinpoint accurate through walls, and the normal shot does 6 closely-spaced shots in one.

Skippy just remembered who his owner is, so I took him back for a reward. Plus he had decided not to come out of puppy-hugging pacifist mode, anyway.

It looks like ass - sacrilege!

@thor 

You might have some insight into this:

Spoiler

was doing the Dream On Peralez mission everything was going well, found out SIS were hacking brains, spoke to Jefferson then they dropped me like a shitty stick! Did I wrong them? :(

Cheers

@max renn No, I think that's as far as you can take it. If you want more details.

Spoiler

If you let Jefferson know, he gets serious paranoia. But if you don't let him know, he seems happy, but is perhaps not the same person.

I was disappointed this didn't get properly concluded, but perhaps this will lead into some dlc.

@Thor @Floshenbarnical

I've gone back and hidden my original post, but really...?!?

Spoiler

This is like if every time you died in any game they rolled the credits instead of re-spawning or asking you to reload. There is literally nothing spoiler worthy about committing suicide and IMO shouldn't be in the game as an option. Otherwise they could have provided that option initially after Jackie died or at any point in the game! It's just like you're just giving up because you don't want to play the game anymore. It doesn't serve any purpose. If you want to complete the game you go to the end, you don't throw in before the main mission, otherwise just shutoff your console or Alt + F4.

I stand by my original point and say this isn't a spoiler because it gives nothing about the story or mission away. I can only presume you consider it a spoiler as you find it a valid option for game completion. In which case I presume you don't complete that many games.

I am quite sad.

I finished every side mission, except for buying all the cars (ran out of money), before continuing into the final part of the main quest. Spoilers now begin. I am going to talk about a specific set of choices I made, for the first and only ending I have seen, so, clicking into the spoiler will risk showing you an ending you haven't seen yet.

Spoiler

[spoilers] I ended up with relationship choices with River or Judy. I didn't really bond with River so I chose Judy. As you may know she's reasonably affectionate and seems to genuinely be excited about what might happen with V in the future.

For the big ending choices, I decided to trust Arasaka and help them solve their family issues in exchange for the chip being extracted. When I thought with a level head about it, I didn't see any other way to get access to the expertise that would make this possible. Sad for Johnny but I just wanted to live a reasonably quiet life, I didn't want the world. As you may know if you take this path, he feels betrayed, for a number of reasons, but it results in him being effectively killed, which was sad.

After the operation, you get a chance to call friends; when speaking to Judy she is scared for you and tells you to get back home to her as soon as possible. 

You're given one final choice and I chose to go back to Night City, I liked the idea of living out my days with her.

In the epilogue videos that play over the credits, the first one is from Judy - she tells me she's leaving Night City - no mention of seeing me again, the implication is that she is breaking up with V. 

I honestly think this is a bug. It doesn't make sense that Judy would flip flop this way. It totally took the jam out of my doughnut (after playing until 2:30am to get to the end).

There is a Forbes article about the same thing, and a thread about it here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/12/15/a-cyberpunk-2077-ending-bug-ruined-the-entire-story-for-me/

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/ending-issue.11071532/

Thanks for reading. I was at around 100hrs gametime and I'm really disappointed in how this ended up for me. Maybe I am missing something and it's not a bug? But I can't see how it could be anything else.

[/spoilers]

21 minutes ago, Thor said:

@smac I'm now doing The Highwayman, what an absolute prick of a quest.

Looks like I lucked out on the starting point - it's a total pain in the arse finding each target; a breadcrumb trail where it's very tricky to find all the clues. Didn't realise they hadn't marked that transit point. Plus the keycode clue not showing up as special on a scan.

There was no way I could see to view that picture again, and all you see is a flash of red hair and it's gone. I just basically bumped into him and the conversation option flashed yellow. I was all over the markets looking for the gonk.

Pacifica is incredible - it’s like the location from a JG Ballard novel, inhabited by the characters from a William Gibson novel. I love the sixties brutalist aesthetic; never thought I’d see a video game apparently referencing sixties utopian architecture like Forton Services on the M6 or Cumbernauld town centre.