Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

1 minute ago, K said:

Pacifica is incredible - it’s like the location from a JG Ballard novel, inhabited by the characters from a William Gibson novel. I love the sixties brutalist aesthetic; never thought I’d see a video game apparently referencing sixties utopian architecture like Forton Services on the M6 or Cumbernauld town centre. 

Yes, it's my favourite place to hang out in, that whole area moving into Biotechnica etc is just so evocative.

11 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Yes, it's my favourite place to hang out in, that whole area moving into Biotechnica etc is just so evocative.

It looks so good. There are only a handful of proper Brutalist videogames - Mirror’s Edge, Vanquish, Control - but this is definitely up there. 

Speaking of Pacifica, has anyone met this pilled-up, raving

Spoiler

android? She is so funny, her dialogue is stuff like 'It mustn't tell them it's an android, they don't like androids!' while she's grooving out. I found her at a little sound system some Voodoo Boys had set up next to a jeep and got a couple of snaps...which is a good job as I walked down some steps to the beach, ran back up and they had all disappeared...

1447622320_Cyberpunk2077(1).thumb.jpg.1d3607206ea2417dcb5c3eb0f363ce14.jpg

1076165062_Cyberpunk2077(2).thumb.jpg.12c873c46f91a22df6821a4050e38327.jpg

Hah, I've bumped into those guys - one of the Beat on the Brats is near there, isn't it? Ozob?

There's another small rave going on out in the badlands, too. Wonder if it's the same bunch, moving around?

Speaking of Pacifica...is it possible to get the roller coaster working again? I tried to get my motorbike onto the track to see if I could set up a mega jump, but no dice; the game wouldn't allow the bike to wheel up onto the ride entrance. Did walk up to the highest point.

There is a ramp over a gorge to the north - I should take on of my sports cars up there to try again.

Also In Pacifica ... Hotel Batty? Bladerunner homage, there.

I know you can switch it on as an enemy distraction, not sure if you can get on it while working though.

EDIT: Ignore me, I was thinking about the Ferris wheel.

2 hours ago, tronied said:

@Thor @Floshenbarnical

I've gone back and hidden my original post, but really...?!?

Reveal hidden contents

This is like if every time you died in any game they rolled the credits instead of re-spawning or asking you to reload. There is literally nothing spoiler worthy about committing suicide and IMO shouldn't be in the game as an option. Otherwise they could have provided that option initially after Jackie died or at any point in the game! It's just like you're just giving up because you don't want to play the game anymore. It doesn't serve any purpose. If you want to complete the game you go to the end, you don't throw in before the main mission, otherwise just shutoff your console or Alt + F4.

I stand by my original point and say this isn't a spoiler because it gives nothing about the story or mission away. I can only presume you consider it a spoiler as you find it a valid option for game completion. In which case I presume you don't complete that many games.

You didn't have to the hide the post, just tag the spoiler part. And it absolutely is a spoiler. As for your final comment ... grow up.

On 11/01/2021 at 23:40, Mogster said:

Yeah I'm definitely parking this. I decided to give it one more go today, and played through a major plot mission with a single loud guitar riff playing throughout, which somewhat spoilt the mood. After that I played a side mission where everyone looked like they were in permanent shadow, which I had to fix by reloading the entire game.

Yep I've had that bug with the guitar too. I think if anyone is able to put this in a drawer for a month or two, they should. I wasn't, I was too deep in.

34 minutes ago, Thor said:

You didn't have to the hide the post, just tag the spoiler part. And it absolutely is a spoiler. As for your final comment ... grow up.

You're not even providing any arguments or putting your viewpoint across as to why you consider it a spoiler. I guess I couldn't expect anymore though with your last comment resorting to childish insults. I've hidden it so let's just leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Scruff said:

It is. 

Ah, bugger. Another secret quest?

But it'll have to wait; after a bit of lunchtime gaming, I'm now committed to my final path...

Spoiler

I'm going to see this through myself; Johnny's out for the duration/only along for the ride.

And for backup? Family - Panam and the nomads. Just been given a lift to their camp...

34 minutes ago, tronied said:

You're not even providing any arguments or putting your viewpoint across as to why you consider it a spoiler. I guess I couldn't expect anymore though with your last comment resorting to childish insults. I've hidden it so let's just leave it at that.

I didn't think I'd have to put arguments across for what everyone else considers the obvious. What you posted openly is a choice you can make at the endgame. That's a spoiler. Textbook. Your reaction to being called out on it was petty. If you'd simply said "sorry, my bad, I've hidden the post now" the matter would be over. But you clearly can't take being told that you're in the wrong, like a child, hence my comment.

@tronied ending spoilers

Spoiler

I consider it a legitimate ending..instead of continuing the fight and risking the lives of yours friends / continuing the cycle of destruction etc you decide to end it all on your terms , make your own choice as your identify is eroding away.  It might not work for you..but it worked for me.

therefore as an ending to the game it shouldn’t be spoilt.

1 hour ago, tronied said:

Having just reached that point, it was a bit of a spoiler; pushed me away from an innocuous-looking blue-text response, thinking "Ah, I know where that leads".

Not a big spoiler, in the circumstances.

1 minute ago, ZOK said:

What is the difference between yellow and blue responses? I’m after the Japan Festival now in the main quest and I still have e no idea.

Blue responses are entirely optional; yellow are mandatory and you have to choose one to take the convo forward.

I got the impression that some blue responses can open up the conversation, leading to new yellow response options.

Mostly, they do not.

I could be wrong.

13 minutes ago, smac said:

I got the impression that some blue responses can open up the conversation, leading to new yellow response options.

Mostly, they do not.

I could be wrong.

No, I believe that's right. :)

Jesus wept, the Animal boxing champ. I've never had so much shit kicked out of me.

I ended up only completing it by going in there for another side mission and basically shooting some fuckers legit. Wasn't expecting it to be linked, but I then got a message afterwards from coach asking if I was ok.

47 minutes ago, smac said:

Sometimes, just sipping your drink is enough...

When I get that option I make V drink 10 in a row if I can to piss the other people off, but she never gets any drunker.

If they had the GTA4 booze-o-vision in this it would be amazing.

Anyone found the 

Spoiler

Huge tunnel?

70 hours in and I only just came across it, accidentally drove through it on my way back to NC from the 2nd Nomads camp.

There was some interesting stuff there.

10 minutes ago, multi said:

Anyone found the 

Hide contents

Huge tunnel?

70 hours in and I only just came across it, accidentally drove through it on my way back to NC from the 2nd Nomads camp.

There was some interesting stuff there.

which one? There’s a couple iirc

7 hours ago, K said:

Pacifica is incredible - it’s like the location from a JG Ballard novel, inhabited by the characters from a William Gibson novel. I love the sixties brutalist aesthetic; never thought I’d see a video game apparently referencing sixties utopian architecture like Forton Services on the M6 or Cumbernauld town centre. 

The lighting is amazingly good. When I first got there (and could roam around after the plot bits), it was early evening after a rain shower, it was exactly like the seafront/beach where I grew up. When you see places like that, and the desert, and the maelstrom Chemical Plant Zone, you can really see that they've taken their time over tweaking the lighting, they've not just set up a global day/night cycle and called it a, uh, day.

Have you all stopped to listen to the main loading screen? Listen long enough and Johnny makes a comment. Saying that, you guys on consoles probably know this already... 

I love this game.  50 hours in tying up a few bits before the point of no return, I thought I'd seen all the bugs Night City had to offer, but I've just had my favourite one yet.  I rang Rogue for a natter, call went as normal, then POW!  She appeared out of thin air right next to me, on an invisible sofa atop some glass balcony edging, just shooting the shit with me like we were still on the phone.  This game truly keeps on giving :D

rogue.thumb.png.5f106475e20a5338418fdd14ca041d35.png