Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

4 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I did it stealthily up until the melee boss lady, which was a lot of shotgun shooting and quick-dodging, and so didn't find it particularly hard.

This is the one I had to do 3 times. To have saves after each choice. After she dies, for whatever reason? the game stays in a combat state so I could not save after beating her. I got really good at the encounter by the end. 

I just katana’d her to ribbons.

I really love how this game has made FPS blade combat so fluid within its overall system, it is so nicely done.

19 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

which one? There’s a couple iirc

There's more?? Bloody hell. 

Spoiler

This one was massive, big enough to have 2 story structures etc. And it had a container with a rather gorgeously plush sports car there for the taking. 

There were some interesting shards lying around too.

Best I can describe it is between 2nd Nomad camp and NC. It's also not far away from the motel you have a room at out on the desert.

Is there anywhere in the city where you can  practice hand to hand combat? I guess you can just chin random gang members, but a lot of them have guns these days. 

21 minutes ago, multi said:

Hide contents

This one was massive, big enough to have 2 story structures etc. And it had a container with a rather gorgeously plush sports car there for the taking. 

Best I can describe it is between 2nd Nomad camp and NC. It's also not far away from the motel you have a room at out on the desert.

Spoiler

There is a mission in there that you miss if 24 in-game hours elapse from the phone call asking you for help, I believe. If you're at 2nd Aldecado camp location you should have done it already, I think?

10 minutes ago, K said:

Is there anywhere in the city where you can  practice hand to hand combat? I guess you can just chin random gang members, but a lot of them have guns these days. 

You get more XP on harder difficulties I think. So I guess you could just reboot optics and charge in?

22 minutes ago, multi said:

Reveal hidden contents

You'd already been there, multi. 

Spoiler

It's where you go with Panam right after getting her vehicle back. 

And to my knowledge, that's the only tunnel of that kind in the game. 

45 minutes ago, multi said:

I have? Holy shit, I can't recall that.

Maybe I did the mission at night so didn't notice we were in the location we were in?

Aye, if I'm not mistaken the preceding Panam mission skips time to night. 

17 minutes ago, smac said:

I think @multi's tunnel might be one seen in a much later mission.

Nope, that is absolutely the same tunnel as in that Panam mission. And as far as I am aware there's only one mission that takes you through that tunnel. 

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

Nope, that is absolutely the same tunnel as in that Panam mission. And as far as I am aware there's only one mission that takes you through that tunnel. 

yeah I got confused, it’s a different missable mission I was on about and it doesn’t take you there. 

edit: so I take it I’ll have to install sandivistan or whatever to shoot an enemy grenade out of the air? Seems impossible in real time. I want that trophy!

That's my first play through finished.  Ending spoilers -

Spoiler

I battered Adam Smasher then sailed off into the sunset with Panam, heading to Tuscon on a tank after ditching Johnny the Douche and Alt.

I think it's a good ending, it certainly felt like one.

I largely played it as a straight up FPS/RPG, barely touched cyberwear, melee or stealth so there's plenty of scope for playing through again more than once.  There are also a few things I'd like to do differently but that said, I'm going to largely shelve it for a couple of patches then start over I think. I'll leave it installed and maybe just nip on for a plod around the city every now and again until then, but next time I play it seriously I want to do so without the bugs.  It's an exceptional achievement and it deserves to be enjoyed at its best. Such a shame for the majority of its creators the way it's panned out, it's clear an awful lot of people poured an awful lot of love into this.

I have to say, the only bit I found challenging was the -

Spoiler

Oda fight

@Thor: He was talking about a tunnel mouth with two-level structures. I was thinking (late game spoiler):

Spoiler

He had visited the maglev construction tunnel, defended by Miltech, that you assault with Panam's people in the end-game mission, in order to reach Arasaka tower.

With the tunnel you are talking about being a transit in an earlier mission.

8 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

I have to say, the only bit I found challenging

Oh, totally - a very tough fight. In my endgame,

Spoiler

Adam Smasher

was a walkover.

Yeah, regarding one of the endings...

Spoiler

... the secret one. It isn't so much a secret ending as a secret mission, and it is rock bastard fucking hard. I finally got to Adam Smasher and thought, this is where I'm gonna fail repeatedly and give up.

But, with a little Benny Hilling around the area Adam Smasher was as straightforward as it gets. 

Oda was the toughest in my first play.  On my second I was ready with crafted legendary weapons, he was a piece of piss then.

7 hours ago, Bojangle said:

If only the PS4 dev/test kits had a Slow HDD mode to simulate what playing on a fucked drive would be like.

I know :) ... The issue is that they were dicking around with the streaming system right up to the last minute.

I'm not saying it's QA's fault (I hope that's clear), there's no way management didn't know about the issues, v1.00 stability was so bad, and it was their decision to put QA in an impossible position.

So I have absolutely zero intention of providing river any nookie. Yet I find myself here, I wore the skimpy outfit, and I will string him the fuck along for as long as I am entertained by this. Finally on the other side of this stupid fucking little scenario :) 

32 minutes ago, Oz said:

So I have absolutely zero intention of providing river any nookie. Yet I find myself here, I wore the skimpy outfit, and I will string him the fuck along for as long as I am entertained by this. Finally on the other side of this stupid fucking little scenario :) 

Hah ha,  so I'm playing as a male straight V, enjoying my missions with Panam a lot.  River and I are two dudes out on the town having fun shooting bad guys.  I'm thinking were a regular Riggs and Murtaugh!  Next thing you know I'm sitting on a pylon having a drink with him and it gives me the option to kiss him.  I was like, woah!  Where did that come from?  I didn't sense those vibes AT ALL!

I'm *hoping* if Id have chosen that option he'd have chinned me! :lol:

You know what this game needs more than anything else? The ability to filter shit on the map. I’m trying to blitz the couple of stray yellow icons on the map I have left before doing all the blue ones and I keep accidentally hovering over cars for sale. It’s not helpful that every now and again a new side quest will pop up. 

I’m laughably OP now to the point that even on hard the Crash revolver one-shots people. Might have to turn it up or focus on a different skill. 

700,000 eddies, might spend it on the Caliburn or something. Takemura’s still checking his watch at the market :lol:

PSA don’t attempt to cross the border down south

Can anyone who has done the River Ward’s nephew investigation answer me this please?

Spoiler

I’m stuck at his trailer - it wants me to hunt for clues, and the record player and guitar are marked as clues but it won’t let me check them - I assume this is a bug, did anyone else get this issue? I’ve examined everything else.

4 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Can anyone who has done the River Ward’s nephew investigation answer me this please?

Hide contents

I’m stuck at his trailer - it wants me to hunt for clues, and the record player and guitar are marked as clues but it won’t let me check them - I assume this is a bug, did anyone else get this issue? I’ve examined everything else.

I did it a while ago but you may have accidentally skipped a major clue.

Spoiler

from what I can remember the triggers are something in a draw, possibly a poster on the wall, messages/website and the tune for the cartoon. Something under the bed too maybe?

Sorry I can't be any clearer than that, I've kind of forgotten exactly what it entails. I do remember I was briefly held up and it remedied itself by 

Spoiler

River coming in the room and you both talking about something pertaining to the case so maybe try to leave?

Ah thanks - I’ve done all of those except one under the bed iirc, so I’ll check later.

I had already gone outside and climbed up the tower behind the camp - when I came back River was still mooning around in the wardrobe! :rolleyes:

I’ve got to say I really like Elizabeth / River’s missions, this future detective noir is nicely done.

4 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Ah thanks - I’ve done all of those except one under the bed iirc, so I’ll check later.

I had already gone outside and climbed up the tower behind the camp - when I came back River was still mooning around in the wardrobe! :rolleyes:

I’ve got to say I really like Elizabeth / River’s missions, this future detective noir is nicely done.

I got stuck for a while on the same place. For me:

Spoiler

I hadn't fully examined the web cartoon in the manner the game expected. Went back to it several times before something clicked and I got a hidden IP or something.

Can't recall if there was something under the bed - but there was a red glow from a hackable access point waaaaay under the bed in some basement or under the mobile home, but I never actually reached that, so it's not that important! That threw my investigation for a bit.

30 minutes ago, ZOK said:

much agreed, favorite missions in the game. Need Peralez DLC

1 hour ago, Floshenbarnical said:

much agreed, favorite missions in the game. Need Peralez DLC

I read a great article about that, but it also involves ending spoilers, so I'll wait until you've finished before posting about it.  I reckon some DLC is indeed going to follow up on this. 

8 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

700,000 eddies, might spend it on the Caliburn or something. Takemura’s still checking his watch at the market :lol:

Spoiler

You can pick up a Caliburn for free if you're thorough in that location we were discussing in here yesterday.

Also, I think you can filter the map to a certain extent, using the D-pad (on Xbox)