Jump to content

Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, smac said:

Yeah - I noticed his side mission icon reappearing after I chatted to him. So it does look like you need to revisit.

 

But I did have a couple of persistent mission icons I could never lose - there's a side mission where you take someone out in a Valentino bar; I did that, I'm sure, but the icon never went away. I even went back in and killed everyone in the bar - was actually a tough gig to complete.

 

The other is a main mission in the Afterlife - the yellow target for the mission in the club appears to be the floor, in front of some police tape, 'round the corner from the bar. No idea what I missed there. Skipped time, kept going back, nothing. Wonder if it's for a mission I completed.

 

 

**** me, graphics cards are getting bigger these days.

 

Same. The sentient vending machine, and a couple from Dino are marked as incomplete because their phone calls are bugged. In true Two Ronnies Answering the Question Before Last fashion, each phone call from Dino, Padre, and Regina was to discuss the last thing I did, i.e. enter mission area: "Hey great job on that thing, money's in your account lol." Complete mission objective: "Hey so there's this guy that needs to get got, sending you the deets." Sad

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oz said:

it’s been a truly terrible year. But today I am finally having a good day. I bought this for cyberpunk in November and it finally arrived today. Give me all the rays please. :D
 

 

C066B399-3950-4F1E-9AF3-C282CBA8128A.jpeg

BDFAFDC5-9F87-44D9-BB28-CE467D36D15F.jpeg

 

you may wanna take the RT Lighting down to Med! Psycho turns it into RT Global Ilumentaion, and its an insane performance cost, with very little benefit...i mean, yeah the bounce GI is nice, but, the cost, is too much!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, RT down to Ultra, and DLSS up to Quality. 

 

Plus, add a little extra sharpening via the nvidia settings and you get a really lovely image.

 

In other news, it's so hard to concentrate on conversations when random cars crash into you.

 

Although, I did appreciate the random suicide that occurred. Driving along and a body just fell from the sky and landed in a bloody puddle. That was pretty funny, I've got to admit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Plus, add a little extra sharpening via the nvidia settings and you get a really lovely image.

 

[Skippy]NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!![/Skippy]

 

I bloody hate that effect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thor said:

[Skippy]NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!![/Skippy]

 

I bloody hate that effect. 

 

I find DLSS softens the image a little too much (even on Quality). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

 

you may wanna take the RT Lighting down to Med! Psycho turns it into RT Global Ilumentaion, and its an insane performance cost, with very little benefit...i mean, yeah the bounce GI is nice, but, the cost, is too much!

 

36 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yeah @Oz drop it to ultra.

 

Thing is my monitor is only 1440p. Card seems to be chewing it up at 70-80 FPS. Maybe if I take the PC to the living room (which I intend to do at some point) I will run it at 4K and drop down a bunch of things. What do you guys think? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JoeK said:

 

I find DLSS softens the image a little too much (even on Quality). 

 I agree. Now that my internal resolution is a bit higher it looks night and day even on the same screen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Found that tunnel, thanks - no car; I may have bought one of 'em earlier, I guess.

 

The tunnel is where I found Widowmaker originally - I recognised the hideout half-way along. That was pretty early on - no wonder I forgot all about it. Plus Panam drives you there, in the dark - so I didn't know it was a tunnel originally.

 

Makes sense, now.

 

4 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

 

Same. The sentient vending machine, and a couple from Dino are marked as incomplete because their phone calls are bugged. In true Two Ronnies Answering the Question Before Last fashion, each phone call from Dino, Padre, and Regina was to discuss the last thing I did, i.e. enter mission area: "Hey great job on that thing, money's in your account lol." Complete mission objective: "Hey so there's this guy that needs to get got, sending you the deets." Sad

 

Yeah, I had a whole bunch of overlaps like that. Also places where I completed the mission then flatlined from a stray shot, or random attacker from outside, which seemed to confuse it.

 

Placing bodies in car boots was a bit hit and miss at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oz said:

 

 

Thing is my monitor is only 1440p. Card seems to be chewing it up at 70-80 FPS. Maybe if I take the PC to the living room (which I intend to do at some point) I will run it at 4K and drop down a bunch of things. What do you guys think? 

I tried it at 4K near max settings and it drops to around 50fps, I also get between 70 & 90 at 1440p so

I stuck it on 60fps limit and put v sync on at 60 which is half my screen refresh rate and now it’s so smooth and still very beautiful, that was advice from a colleague as I’m new to pc gaming and he was right it’s much nicer like this. So yeah 4K seems a bit too much for the 3080 if you want it a smooth 60.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2021-01-16/cyberpunk-2077-what-caused-the-video-game-s-disastrous-rollout?__twitter_impression=true
 

Jason Schreier’s written a piece on the development of the game, and why it was so buggy at launch. To be honest, it’s not amazingly enlightening - the tldr is that they had too much ambition and not enough organisation, and COVID complicated things enormously, which I’m sure won’t be news to many of us. Some odd details in the article, like attributing some of the blame to Polish developers for speaking in Polish in front of their English-speaking expat colleagues, which can be rude but doesn’t strike me as something that would significantly derail the development of a game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of cars (and I love the gamey handling of the cars in this by the way) one of my favourite things at the moment is tooling around in an NCPD jeep looking for crimes, and putting the lights and sirens on as I roll up to them for a slicing. It makes zero difference but I’m imagining it shits them up a bit.

 

Speaking of which, that Night City siren is actually a tune. I keep it on as I whip through the Badlands at night for musical accompaniment, it sounds like a Renegade Soundwave track.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K said:

Some odd details in the article, like attributing some of the blame to Polish developers for speaking in Polish in front of their English-speaking expat colleagues, which can be rude but doesn’t strike me as something that would significantly derail the development of a game. 

 

In his accompanying Twitter thread, he added:

 

"- A few non-Polish staffers shared stories about coworkers using Polish in front of them, which violated company rules. Made them feel ostracized, they said... were their coworkers talking shit about them? Combined with crunch and low salaries, this led quite a few expats to quit"

 

Of all the problems he listed, that does sound like the most minor one. I've never worked abroad, but surely even if a company's official working language is English, you'd expect some occasions when co-workers might talk to each other in their native language due to familiarity, not necessarily to hide anything?

 

 

Here are the other things he added on Twitter:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Yeah - one thing that I don’t really get is why the coverage of this game seems to suggest it’s a garbage fire, when what I’m playing is game of the year.

I just did the tasteful sex scene @Thor mentioned. It is such a heartwarming clever little mission. It really resonated with me. I think it takes time to get to where this game is good. So if you’ve played 3-4 hours and quit because the game crashed, the game was a pile of shit for you. If you stuck with it and are in hour 150 on a powerful PC you’ve basically had the complete opposite experience. In any case, I do think Jason is a dick head and that he is not helping the industry as much as he thinks he is. Although he might have good intentions and be a great person in real life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And I’ve mentioned plenty of times I’m using a launch PS4 that’s louder than a vacuum cleaner and it’s my favorite game I’ve ever played. I think a lot of people were expecting this to be Witcher, Fable, GTA, COD, Fallout, Second Life, Jesus all rolled into one and maybe that’s a sword they placed in front of themselves before falling on it, but other than the first clip they released I didn’t consume any media regarding it so I’ve been super charmed by it. 
 

I only seem to get crashes if I play the game after it’s been suspended in rest mode. If I launch it properly it’s pretty smooth. I’ve had some bugs for sure, like some audio glitches, and the Delamain bug, but I don’t have much to complain about. My main bugbears are:

 

- No way to mass deconstruct lots of things at once

- No way to loot something as junk

- Minimap needs to zoom out at speed

- Vehicle camera mode sometimes gets stuck in first person

- V’s hair and clothes don’t ruffle at high speed on a motorcycle. This is my biggest irritation tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick R said:

 

In his accompanying Twitter thread, he added:

 

"- A few non-Polish staffers shared stories about coworkers using Polish in front of them, which violated company rules. Made them feel ostracized, they said... were their coworkers talking shit about them? Combined with crunch and low salaries, this led quite a few expats to quit"

 

Of all the problems he listed, that does sound like the most minor one. I've never worked abroad, but surely even if a company's official working language is English, you'd expect some occasions when co-workers might talk to each other in their native language due to familiarity, not necessarily to hide anything?

 


I work with a few German speakers, and it can be a bit weird when you get forwarded an email chain, and the whole thing is in German apart from the very top email, or when you’re the only native English speaker in a meeting, and it’s clear the discussion is in English purely for your benefit. I can see how that might contribute to someone feeling isolated in a work environment that’s a bit stressful and chaotic anyway - you say something, someone else says something in Polish in response, and everyone but you laughs heartily.

 

But at the same time, it’s hard not to think “what did you expect when you went to work for a Polish company in Poland?”  It feels a bit Anglocentric to list that as one of the contributing factors to the game’s issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, choddo said:

Edge's review of this is SO spot on.

 

Anywhere I can read this online? 

 

Sorry for the laziness, I could probably search but thought you might have link?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, K said:


I work with a few German speakers, and it can be a bit weird when you get forwarded an email chain, and the whole thing is in German apart from the very top email, or when you’re the only native English speaker in a meeting, and it’s clear the discussion is in English purely for your benefit. I can see how that might contribute to someone feeling isolated in a work environment that’s a bit stressful and chaotic anyway - you say something, someone else says something in Polish in response, and everyone but you laughs heartily.

 

But at the same time, it’s hard not to think “what did you expect when you went to work for a Polish company in Poland?”  It feels a bit Anglocentric to list that as one of the contributing factors to the game’s issues. 

 

Completely agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites

whoa I just finished a takemura mission which I fucking loved. I take back what I said about boss fights too. I am actually enjoying them.

I think he wants me to knock 4 times now. :)

I like how they did something very unique with each of the characters. They are all actually very memorable. It is bringing back my ME2 feels.

I love finding the shitiest thing to reply back to Takemura over texts. Sometimes I reload just to see if another response is nastier. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thor said:

I found the texts with Takemura hilarious. :)

 

it is so good. I guess that's a polish sense of humour? Witcher had it too.

My favourite was

Spoiler

when he started texting me google searchs. and he was looking for a restaurant because the food in night city is shit. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.