IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Vemsie

Version 1.1 on PS4Pro: Immediately noticable framerate improvement when driving. Slightly bigger crowds and more traffic. Seems to autosave much more frequently.

If the streaming system can't keep up (if you've just entered a new area, or exited/stopped the car suddenly at speed) it handles this a bit more gracefully than puking on its shoes now. If a building interior hasn't loaded in in time you'll see a door there, which is something I hadn't encountered before.

(Hmm, actually I wonder if Relic malfunctions are the game's disguise for stopping you moving for a moment while it does memory cleanup, like the blood moons in BOTW?)

Edit: No crashes yet! I reckon it'll be back on the store once Sony get back in the office next week?

17 minutes ago, MK-1601 said:

Version 1.1 on PS4Pro: Immediately noticable framerate improvement when driving. Slightly bigger crowds and more traffic. Seems to autosave much more frequently.

If the streaming system can't keep up (if you've just entered a new area, or exited/stopped the car suddenly at speed) it handles this a bit more gracefully than puking on its shoes now. If a building interior hasn't loaded in in time you'll see a door there, which is something I hadn't encountered before.

(Hmm, actually I wonder if Relic malfunctions are the game's disguise for stopping you moving for a moment while it does memory cleanup, like the blood moons in BOTW?)

Edit: No crashes yet! I reckon it'll be back on the store once Sony get back in the office next week?

That’s an interesting theory - I had thought it was a nod to Far Cry 2 (Malaria) as the game is so clearly influenced by it, but your idea would make a lot of sense.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Hopefully it won’t crash as much as it was getting silly before.

It's better but it's certainly not fixed. I've had at least two crashes since updating.

That said, I'd probably never get around to going to bed if it didn't crash each evening - every cloud...

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

That’s an interesting theory - I had thought it was a nod to Far Cry 2 (Malaria) as the game is so clearly influenced by it, but your idea would make a lot of sense.

TBH I think it's more likely that it's to remind you to stop driving around and doing random side quests and go look at the expensive Keanu content.

There going to be some interesting GDC talks about this game/engine for sure.

19 hours ago, Oz said:

Also, they are blades that come out of your forearms. Not sure what needs selling here. To convince @ZOK you have to say that they’ll break if you use them a dozen times. ;)

I regard C2077 as a katana game, so I don’t want to lash out 50k Eddies or whatever on a decent set if I use it once and go back to the katana.

7 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I regard C2077 as a katana game, so I don’t want to lash out 50k Eddies or whatever on a decent set if I use it once and go back to the katana.

I got some orange blades somewhere going through the main quest. So fair enough I did not actually pay for them. I am mostly sneaking my way through this game to be honest. I hack and hide. I only use them for fun if I am going through quests below my level. I die rather quickly even with high armor. I am playing on hard and my body is only six (at level 36). I also have one slot of armor which must always empty because: helmets. 

1 hour ago, Oz said:

I did not know charge shots hit through walls until I saw it on a YouTube video 5 minutes ago. I am 90 hours in. One play through.

Dude! That's why I was going on about the Widowmaker so much. Charged shot is pinpoint accurate through walls. And boxes. And cars. And any light cover.

Tech sniper is also good for that, although the smart sniper you can get is hilariously OP at distance. The sound effect is brilliant - a little 'zzzzzzip-thunkk’ as the bullet changes direction at the last millisecond...

11 minutes ago, smac said:

Dude! That's why I was going on about the Widowmaker so much. Charged shot is pinpoint accurate through walls. And boxes. And cars. And any light cover.

Tech sniper is also good for that, although the smart sniper you can get is hilariously OP at distance. The sound effect is brilliant - a little 'zzzzzzip-thunkk’ as the bullet changes direction at the last millisecond...

429389F5-6280-4298-ABAA-0F2CF95CB8B6.gif

4 hours ago, Oz said:

I got some orange blades somewhere going through the main quest. So fair enough I did not actually pay for them. I am mostly sneaking my way through this game to be honest. I hack and hide. I only use them for fun if I am going through quests below my level. I die rather quickly even with high armor. I am playing on hard and my body is only six (at level 36). I also have one slot of armor which must always empty because: helmets. 

What do you know - literally the next random gig I did was the one that gives you the legendary mantis blades - if anyone needs to find it it is 

Spoiler

a Regina Jones cyber psycho mission about a mystery attacker skewering Tyler Claws, Phantom of Night City or something like that.

Curiously doing that mission also gives you a legendary katana! :wub:

I found skippy

Spoiler

but I have crafted a similar weapon and because of my crafting perks it is about double the damage of skippy. And because of my mods it sort of feels like it’s all crits anyway. I wish I had found skippy sooner. I feel like I will be missing a story there with the dialogue.

Also upgrading skippy seems broken. Message is I lack the intelligence requirement. Not sure if this is meant to be a joke. Intelligence has not been a requirement to upgrade anything else. Weird. Probably just a bug but hard to tell. 

Short Circuit seems OP to the point where it feels like a mistake. It pretty much one-shots any robots or drones I’ve tried it on.

I feel the hacking in this needs to be tweaked a bit, as it’s extremely powerful with no real drawbacks. Things like hacking gun turrets are trivially easy, and you can absolutely lay waste to enemies with them, without much in the way of risk to yourself. Once you have a decent deck, you almost never seem to run out of RAM. There should be more of a risk/reward situation. 

The downside of using Short Circuit on robots is that they explode, which can cost you a bonus if there are meatbags nearby and you're trying to non-lethal a mission.

But yes, hacking gets crazily overpowered if you focus even a bit of cash/perk points on it.

Now that I've finished the game multiple times and seen all the endings, I've turned off the mini-map and most of the HUD. 

I'm just roaming Night City and the surrounding areas, bringing justice to the unjust and taking in some beautiful sights.

You can really get lost in this environment, I spent a good hour walking down by the water in Pacifica.

It's just a pain that quite a lot of quests assume you have the tracker up and if you don't then it can be really unclear what to do next, rather undermining the immersion benefits of minimising the HUD.

I wish I could just have the minimap but disable the waypoint marker personally. And a dynamic quest tracker that just pops up for a bit when something changes. 90% of HUD in games is redundant at any given moment, e.g. the reticule when you're not in combat, yet so few have gone for minimal and dynamic HUD by default.

Wow, have now had a mission go so buggy it completely shuts down my PC - happened twice :(

Just as I'd got the bugger where I wanted him too :( 

Edit - what's happened to spoiler tags and why can't I add 'em :( 

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Wow, have now had a mission go so buggy it completely shuts down my PC - happened twice :(

You can't type tags any more. Click the EYE icon from the toolbar.

Just now, Thor said:

You can't type tags any more. Click the EYE icon from the toolbar.

Thank you :) .

The mission in question was

Spoiler

The one where you have to smash up a rogue Delamaine cab. Soon as I stop it, I’ve now had two complete system shut downs.

Never had anything like that before. Might have to see if a previous save will fix it.

47 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Thank you :) .

The mission in question was

Reveal hidden contents

The one where you have to smash up a rogue Delamaine cab. Soon as I stop it, I’ve now had two complete system shut downs.

Never had anything like that before. Might have to see if a previous save will fix it.

Yeah, that's fucked. Sounds to me like this patch has done more bad than good.

BTW, Joe, my topic in OT isn't aimed specifically at you, you're just another in a long line of people who have been completely bamboozled by the removal of the tag functionality. :)

2 hours ago, JoeK said:

whoa

they've hacked your pc. this is some kojima level shit. 

giphy.gif

I'm still loving this game.  I'll acknowledge its not the masterpiece I was promised - but its still solid fun.  I haven't found the bugs on PC to be too bad either -  no crashes at all in 80hours of play.

But what does grind my gears are the immersion breaking world design decisions that litter the game.  

My current biggest bugbear is the fact that I routinely come across all these expensive looking laptops and fancy tech lying about in rooms - but the game wont let me steal them.  And yet I get mini-map icons for "loot" that then end up being an old T Shirt, or a pair of tongs, worth $1.  Surely the scrap value of that autonomous sentry turret I just remotely disabled without any physical damage makes it more worth having than this ashtray?

Or the fact I can carry approximately 50 assault rifles in a backpack.

Or that the streets are littered with poor people, homeless bums, who then have multi thousand dollar replacement limbs.  How did they afford that?  And if they do have cybernetic enhancements, why aren't they doing gigs like me and being awesome?

I also chuckle at the announcer on the loading screen saying "Hey Night City, 30 more deaths today..." and me looking around sheepishly because in the last hour Ive just offed about 100 dudes...

52 minutes ago, Oz said:

whoa

they've hacked your pc. this is some kojima level shit. 

giphy.gif

Well, it's definitely done something. Another random shut down just a minute ago, and I'm really not too keen to carry on if this happens too much more. Mainly because I'm not entirely sure it's good for the PC!

Keep on wondering if something in the box is getting overloaded, but fairly sure the beast can cope with anything really.

Oh well.

A recent bug I’ve had is if you stop to take a photo from first person perspective, if you look straight down V’s body detaches itself from her head and moves slowly into the shot, while everything else remains frozen.

She will carry on walking until she is a headless spec in the distance if there is nothing to stop her.

12 minutes ago, ZOK said:

A recent bug I’ve had is if you stop to take a photo from first person perspective, if you look straight down V’s body detaches itself from her head and moves slowly into the shot, while everything else remains frozen.

She will carry on walking until she is a headless spec in the distance if there is nothing to stop her.

Aye, I've had that.