IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Vemsie

11 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Don’t need armour if you’re too fast with the blade to get hit!

Or tucked away in a corner while you hack everyone and everything to short circuit, go psybersycho, or just straight up kill themselves. 

joined the 100+ club today :D with finishing Panams end, which i hadnt done! But had done the other Main two!

Still have a bunch of the busy work left (the xcrimes and whatnot) but...i think i need a break! or maybe to spend a day cleaning everything up!

image.png.c7b5e97dec2a19c3b1f491519dfaf59b.png

21 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

joined the 100+ club today :D with finishing Panams end, which i hadnt done! But had done the other Main two!

Still have a bunch of the busy work left (the xcrimes and whatnot) but...i think i need a break! or maybe to spend a day cleaning everything up!

image.png.c7b5e97dec2a19c3b1f491519dfaf59b.png

ppffffftt.

image.thumb.png.99a90abd1756cdf48ce4ea627fa7361f.png

17 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

No need man, i dont have friends to compare my rank too! ...now im sad...THANKS Obama Thor!

You misunderstand. I'm a friends list of one - myself. :lol:

foreveralone.jpg

4 hours ago, Thor said:

The only one I know of is a text telling you, and I'm being as vague as possible here, "we're doing this, thought you might want to join us"

You have a small window to respond, maybe 24hrs max. I think there may be more, but I'm not sure.

I seem to have missed one from a polititian. Based on what I heard on the news later I royally fucked that one up. 

I seem to have pissed off river as well due to ignoring his texts. That fucker's gaydar is well busted I tell ya. 

So I've played a few hours now on the new patch on base PS4. Definite improvements here. The game looks crisper in general. The framerate has improved, most noticeably whilst driving, although there are still plenty of frame drops, but its not as aggregious now. Pop-in is far less frequent and there's a lot less of models popping from low LODs to high ones right in front of you. There's less lag in menus as well. Overall some of the worst offenders have been slightly curtailed and its running a bit better.

Of course there are still plenty of performance issues but this is a decent start and I'll be dipping back into the game over the next few weeks whilst I await the Feburary patch, where hopefully they'll have more optimisation and start ironing out some of the insane number of class B and C bugs. It took me mere seconds after loading up the game to remember what a poor state its still in generally, as I catapulted off a bin bag at high speed, the animation snapped when I went to get into a car, I couldn't pick up a bunch of the loot in the mission I was in, a body breakdanced on stairs, I couldn't answer a phone call, I couldn't change the car camera, the list goes on. Actually even the loading screen itself still has issues with dark scenes not rendering properly leaving patches of flames on a pitch black screen. Still, at least stuff's moving forwards, very slowly.

Doesn’t look like it. I bought a new copy off Amazon for £40 as I couldn’t wait any longer and thought 1.1 would be a good time to get involved. 

Install, update to 1.1 (thank you FTTP), load, go to settings, can’t get out of settings, press PS button and close application. Great first impression CDPR! 

It actually let me start the game next time and I’ve enjoyed my first hour so far. 

4 hours ago, Gigawatt said:

Install, update to 1.1 (thank you FTTP), load, go to settings, can’t get out of settings, press PS button and close application. Great first impression CDPR!

Right now, that's probably a pretty good first impression to give. Like, if you're ok with this, we're going to get on just fine. Just fine tuning user expectations.

My in game time for my first playthrough was about 150 hours. I said I'd wait a few months before starting again. I had exactly one day off before staring again on Very Hard mode, second playthrough time is at about 70 hours so far.

I accidentally pressed N and discovered photo mode in hour 80. Now I see what the photo thread is about.

Hey whatever happened to Nvidia ansel? Is that dead?

12 hours ago, ZOK said:

Stick me in that hundred club too!

6398AE12-70B7-4C1E-999B-A0DE0C959720.jpeg.14f92b30eed9d3bd4b6d6a10bbe066c7.jpeg

Nice jacket. I have a similar one. I'm annoyed that the stores don't change their fucking inventory, ever. Same items as hour 1, but higher level. And all the stuff I pick up on the street is shit. We need a transmog option, and the ability to change our hairstyles yesterday. Sick of spacebuns for the time being. I do have that bandana though. It is a good look.

I sort of want to go all Motoko Kusanagi for my Corpo playthrough, but might just replicate my V tbh. That's just who she is to me.

Well, despite my best efforts, I'm definitely having to now shelve Cyberpunk for the foreseeable future. I've tested everything I can think of in the system, and it's the only thing causing my PC to absolutely shut down :( . Even underclocked the GPU to see if that might work, with no joy (the temps were hitting 79-80 deg, which is hot but not unacceptable). Memory checked out fine too. 

Might be the PSU, which is 850w - but should be enough for the 3090 (and in every other case it seems to be fine). 

It's only seemed to happen since patch 1.1, so I can only assume it's that.

Sorry, it's very rude to talk PC tech but feeling frustrated and slightly worried that if it's not that there's something about to go really tits-up in my machine!

Sorry to hear that joe. Sounds like a beast of a system. These things always stress the shit out of me. I like the high end graphics from pc but hate that feeling that it is all hanging together just barely. I currently have lost music (radio only) from the game altogether. Restarting the pc to test that as a solution. 

1 minute ago, Oz said:

Sorry to hear that joe. Sounds like a beast of a system. These things always stress the shit out of me. I like the high end graphics from pc but hate that feeling that it is all hanging together just barely. I currently have lost music from the game altogether. Restarting the pc to test that as a solution. 

I've taken the decision to delete and reinstall the thing, under the naive hope that it do something. It's just a shame when I'd had around 20+ hours (yes, I know it's not much compared to the real heroes on this forum!) without any crashes at all!

Hey ho! 

a simple pc restart resolved my audio problem (i.e. no radio) in case anyone is having that issue. funny because restarting the game was not enough. lol. I am also waiting for the lady to call me about a music gig. I think this has been more than a day. Could this also be bugged? anyone run into this problem? 

@JoeK you know the game crashed on me a few times on my old card. but not at all on the new card or after the patch. the new card is a 3080. not sure which did the trick but it has been a long time since it has crashed. maybe the 3090 is just too powerful. :) 

I am not quite on the 100 hour club though. let alone the rather unreasonable 200 hour club that Thor is on. I would not want to be in that club if they'd have me as a member though.  

image.png.6dfa90ead4642dfb95341e22c757e74b.png

50 minutes ago, JoeK said:

I've taken the decision to delete and reinstall the thing, under the naive hope that it do something. It's just a shame when I'd had around 20+ hours (yes, I know it's not much compared to the real heroes on this forum!) without any crashes at all!

Hey ho! 

New nvidia drivers out - could be worth a shot.

1 minute ago, Oz said:

@JoeK you know the game crashed on me a few times on my old card. but not at all on the new card or after the patch. the new card is a 3080. not sure which did the trick but it has been a long time since it has crashed. maybe the 3090 is just too powerful. :) 

Well, something in my PC is definitely gone ‘nanas, and I blame Cyberpunk for it ;). 

PC just shut down again by itself this time, and now won’t boot :P 

Ah well, we’ll see what it could be tomorrow. I’ve got various spare parts I can bung in the thing to test stuff out!

1 minute ago, JoeK said:

Well, something in my PC is definitely gone ‘nanas, and I blame Cyberpunk for it ;). 

PC just shut down again by itself this time, and now won’t boot :P 

Ah well, we’ll see what it could be tomorrow. I’ve got various spare parts I can bung in the thing to test stuff out!

Shit. I feel for ya. This is my nightmare scenario. Hope you resolve the problem. 

About a couple of hours in on PS4 Pro now, just up to 

Spoiler

Meeting Judy

and I am loving it so far, the atmosphere, acting and facial animation are just great. Haven’t got the hang of shooting yet, but I’m sure it will come. Just taking my time and soaking it up. Other than my first settings screen issue I haven’t seen any other technical issues.