Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

I find the Caliburn pretty solid to handle...there’s nothing like scooting through the city in it weaving between the traffic, then hitting the highway out into the desert and letting it fly.

6 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Preordering this was a mistake. It'll be £10 by the time the patch comes out! 

I did, but I refunded it from Microsoft after a couple of days seeing how bad it was.

47 minutes ago, Purin said:

I did, but I refunded it from Microsoft after a couple of days seeing how bad it was.

I would have refunded but I bought from CDKeys so assumed it was a no go. Sad face. 

13 hours ago, Thor said:

While I don't quite agree with your second point, it's very clear that Night City itself does much of the heavy lifting in this game, just like Skyrim does in that game. :)

Maybe, and I do think that the worldbuilding is incredible, but I do think it's a bit of a shame that there doesn't feel to be anything on the Bloody Baron level of storytelling.

On 11/02/2021 at 20:35, Oz said:

Anyone here smart enough to know what the actual implications are of your source code being made publicly available? Not sure I fully understand how big a deal this is.

In my own case, droid equivalent of ASCII. We give away a Lego Mindstorms type OS image for 12 year old kids that want to be police engineers. Copying this unregulated is a federal crime, but the Milhouse type kids aren't into that. This also has a Shadowrun based videogame with my own savefile for Shinobi (Owain) with a alarge amount of devtools, since droids use Nethack type stuff for objective analysis, ie today I went to the hairdressers and dropped my bag, the tangerine inside rolled into a car, the woman screamed as it exploded and I had to apologise --- droids fail to understand this reliably without a sim model, which includes all the objects, vehicles, buildings and soforth. The police droids obviously need much more, so there's multiple kernels and GPS systems. You can see some of these in the fiction kernel Playhouse, in the movie Interstella. Getting this voice right for relaxation + alert + human/nothuman was tricky so it uses linear chaos and stuff.

Centurion, meet Oz. Oz, meet rllmuk's resident crazy person who isn't legally allowed within 10 feet of a computer but occasionally escapes from the madhouse - the result of which you see up there. :coffee:

I worked one Christmas at GameStation for a laugh. We had a bloke who would come in talking like that. It was intense.

Then, one day he brought in five or six big cardboard boxes with the help of his carer. It was, to our knowledge, a complete MegaDrive PAL collection. I tried convincing both of them that they shouldn't be trading that in to GameStation but they would have none of it. Then I got into trouble from the supervisor for trying to turn them away. I felt heartbroken for him.

On 11/03/2021 at 00:13, Fallows said:

I worked one Christmas at GameStation for a laugh. We had a bloke who would come in talking like that. It was intense.

Then, one day he brought in five or six big cardboard boxes with the help of his carer. It was, to our knowledge, a complete MegaDrive PAL collection. I tried convincing both of them that they shouldn't be trading that in to GameStation but they would have none of it. Then I got into trouble from the supervisor for trying to turn them away. I felt heartbroken for him.

Yeah, I knew a kid with a complete Master System collection, and then spoke to his mum about why? She said well, i'm on business most days of the year and it represents the difficulty of our relationship; the difficulty of completing master system games. Ergo your customer might have been orphaned suddenly and wanted to move on?

Awesome thread though. Didn't even knew you could get 2.6ghz ram? I'm still running 133mhz, like Al from Tron Legacy -- still rocking the pager, good for me.

On 09/03/2021 at 19:06, Festoon said:

My single favourite thing about Cyberpunk is all the serious discussions at the end and my character's look and clothing is an absolute clownshow.

I'm still cracking up over this - serious discussions on life, the universe and everything and my character is listening while looking like LMFAO fell through a joke shop. I need to go back and get pics.

The clothing in this needs to have a huge overhaul. All the NPCs look pretty badass, but I seem to really struggle to find anything that makes my guy look cool. Or at least, not like a complete bellend. Coupled with the fact that you need to have clothes in every slot to build up your armour and the fact that clothes with multiple mod slots are extremely useful, and you end up wearing whatever gives you the most mod options. I walk into the Afterlife with maximum street cred, looking to cut some kind of sketchy deal with Rogue and feeling pretty slick, until I remember that I'm wearing Michael Caine specs, leather trousers, a shellsuit top, and a balaclava.

Just like I never changed the clothes on Geralt from his original attire, I’ve kond of not changed V’s other than to put on what he wears on the cover image of him really.

Makes the game slightly more challenging, but yeah, those times when you see yourself and you’re wearing silly stuff is utterly appalling.

Just now, JoeK said:

Just like I never changed the clothes on Geralt from his original attire, I’ve kond of not changed V’s other than to put on what he wears on the cover image of him really.

Makes the game slightly more challenging, but yeah, those times when you see yourself and you’re wearing silly stuff is utterly appalling.

You really need to go back to Witcher and mess around with Witcher school gear. You are massively missing out.

Just now, Oz said:

You really need to go back to Witcher and mess around with Witcher school gear. You are massively missing out.

Oh, I upgraded every single different witcher piece, of course.

I’m not a monster.

The Manticore school stuff got very close, but...nah, I’m happiest in my smelly old armour :)

Noah Caldwell-Gervais has published this video on Cyberpunk 2077.

"Spoilers throughout including every individual ending."

I'm only 20 minutes into the video, and haven't played the game, but it's interesting so far. Lots of comparisons to Red Dead Redemption 2 and Mafia 2.

(Skip to 7:00 if you want to hear his impression of Keanu's Johnny Mnemonic!)

I got about a minute in before his monotonous speed talking finished me off.

Who is he? Is he supposed to have a good opinion on things?

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Yes, his game analysis videos seem to be pretty well-regarded. Although I admit that due to his videos' length (usually somewhere between a Matthewmatosis video and a Tim Rogers video), I've only seen a couple of them in full.

Searching for when his videos have been posted previously on this forum: @Vemsie seems to like his video on The Last of Us 2.

6 hours ago, JPL said:

I got about a minute in before his monotonous speed talking finished me off.

He’s pretty much the only person whose game analysis videos you can regard as essential.

His Homeworld and Call of Duty ones are the best you’ll find on either series, for example.

You should check out Tim Rogers' recent run of videos and HBomberGuy's games stuff if you haven't.

I like NCG's stuff but I wouldn't say he always offers the same level of insight as some other critics. With the caveat that I've not watched everything he's ever put out.

14 minutes ago, MK-1601 said:

You should check out Tim Rogers' recent run of videos and HBomberGuy's games stuff if you haven't.

I like NCG's stuff but I wouldn't say he always offers the same level of insight as some other critics. With the caveat that I've not watched everything he's ever put out.

Did Tim Rogers ever follow up that Cyberpunk video he did a year or so ago, the review/GOTY one? 

14 hours ago, MK-1601 said:

I haven’t seen anything by Tim Rogers for years, although I did used to like his writing. And I’ll always consider him a hero for creating Ziggurat, one of the greatest iOS games ever, so I guess I should catch up!

The issue I have with Tim (and a number of other genuinely interesting and clever folk) is that they have voices and narration skills that send me to sleep. There are some folk who are just natural orators and some who are not. Tim’s not one of them, and thus I’ve not listened to enough of his stuff and feel somewhat guilty about it!

10 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I kind of like his gruff voice, a bit like David Hayter @ZOK you’d love his Cyberpunk vid, quite long like. 

Is it spoilery? I’m having a break from Cyberpunk before I go back to finish it off (thanks to Destiny), I’m at the point of no return so I’ve seen a lot but don’t want to see any endings.

Just now, ZOK said:

Is it spoilery? I’m having a break from Cyberpunk before I go back to finish it off (thanks to Destiny), I’m at the point of no return so I’ve seen a lot but don’t want to see any endings.

God no, he did it way before the game came out.