Jump to content

Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hmm said:

Wow, they added a 30s delay before the police magically spawn. It's like a whole new game!

 

I genuinely thought that video was a parody at first. All you have to do when the police appear (literally) is drive away a bit in any case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea of police not spawning behind you isn't that exciting, as I tend to try to play these games more like V, rather than as Trevor from Grand Theft Auto - I haven't gone round shooting up pedestrians and the cops, because to be totally honest I don't find it all that much fun.

 

I would have thought that this patch is going to be mostly them patching out glitches in missions and making it more stable, but it's probably more interesting to make a video about the tangible changes they've made to the game rather than just listing all the bits where they've patched out disappearing NPCs and bits where the scripting hasn't kicked in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K said:

The idea of police not spawning behind you isn't that exciting, as I tend to try to play these games more like V, rather than as Trevor from Grand Theft Auto - I haven't gone round shooting up pedestrians and the cops, because to be totally honest I don't find it all that much fun.

 

I would have thought that this patch is going to be mostly them patching out glitches in missions and making it more stable, but it's probably more interesting to make a video about the tangible changes they've made to the game rather than just listing all the bits where they've patched out disappearing NPCs and bits where the scripting hasn't kicked in.

 

Yeah, your thoughts echo my own on all this really. The whole police thing is fairly inconsequential to the way I play the game too - the game clearly isn't a GTA-clone and nor should it be as far as I'm concerned. I dunno, I think the game is great fun and it's the little glitches that constantly have a way of taking me out of it. They're the things that should be prioritised. 

 

Or, CDPR just go dark for a year, come back with a re-release with new DLC added to the mix and start again! 

 

I can wait - far too much to be playing these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I noticed the other day was when you look through a sniper scope out in the desert, the roads are absolutely filled with cars and a distant motel had hundreds of people milling around. There always seems to be a wall of cars just on the horizon that keeps disappearing as you get closer if you blast it along the desert roads as well.

 

It’s the little things like that which break the immersion, but I’d rather live with that for a while if it means they can spend the time rebalancing things and tweaking the AI.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That wall of cars you get in the desert is probably the biggest immersion killer for me. It looks like they’ve set the pretend traffic levels to ‘rush hour’ for the whole game, so all the simulated cars you can see from a distance (for example, when looking down on the city from the top of a building) look really busy. It looks fine in Night City itself, but it looks really clumsy in the desert because it’s so obvious, especially at night. 
 

The way they just disappear at a set distance as you get close is very awkward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, friedgold said:

On the graphics - has this has an upgrade on Xbox at least? It looked good (to me anyway) on release but going back to it now it looks incredible.

I think they toned down some post processing / antialiasing stuff that was going on in one of the early patches that was making everything extra blurry. If you're playing the (900p?) One S / Series S version I'm guessing the change is very noticable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, K said:

The idea of police not spawning behind you isn't that exciting, as I tend to try to play these games more like V, rather than as Trevor from Grand Theft Auto - I haven't gone round shooting up pedestrians and the cops, because to be totally honest I don't find it all that much fun.

 

I would have thought that this patch is going to be mostly them patching out glitches in missions and making it more stable, but it's probably more interesting to make a video about the tangible changes they've made to the game rather than just listing all the bits where they've patched out disappearing NPCs and bits where the scripting hasn't kicked in.


I avoid cops too.

 

However yesterday I did that mission where you have to rescue a cop from a psychiatric facility. I got her out without encountering anyone, so after I dropped her off I thought I’d walk back in and waste everyone.

 

Inadvertently I killed a civilian as I walked in, triggering a crime. I went and hid in a tiny room at the back, barely room to turn around in. First of all a drone spawned in there with me, then some ordinary cops, then some SWAT guys, then three mantis blade dudes. As there was nowhere to move I just kept slicing them all, and after that my wanted level disappeared.

 

https://stadia.google.com/capture/a481d95d-6f3c-41b3-a682-65d6da9b716f

 

They may as well remove police from the game, they add nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ZOK said:


I avoid cops too.

 

However yesterday I did that mission where you have to rescue a cop from a psychiatric facility. I got her out without encountering anyone, so after I dropped her off I thought I’d walk back in and waste everyone.

 

Inadvertently I killed a civilian as I walked in, triggering a crime. I went and hid in a tiny room at the back, barely room to turn around in. First of all a drone spawned in there with me, then some ordinary cops, then some SWAT guys, then three mantis blade dudes. As there was nowhere to move I just kept slicing them all, and after that my wanted level disappeared.

 

https://stadia.google.com/capture/a481d95d-6f3c-41b3-a682-65d6da9b716f

 

They may as well remove police from the game, they add nothing.

 

The only thing they seem to add is pointlessly harassing me when I accidentally linger in their field of vision for too long. They remind me a bit of the police in Driver, in that they have two modes - passive and homicidal, and even the most minor infraction is enough to flip them from one to the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MK-1601 said:

I think they toned down some post processing / antialiasing stuff that was going on in one of the early patches that was making everything extra blurry. If you're playing the (900p?) One S / Series S version I'm guessing the change is very noticable.

That'll be it. I'm on Series S and it looks sharp as a pin, completely unlike how I remember it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K said:

 

The only thing they seem to add is pointlessly harassing me when I accidentally linger in their field of vision for too long. They remind me a bit of the police in Driver, in that they have two modes - passive and homicidal, and even the most minor infraction is enough to flip them from one to the other.


Now that I really like, the eyeballing sensitivity adds to the feel of Night City for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZOK said:


Now that I really like, the eyeballing sensitivity adds to the feel of Night City for me.

 

It's a cool mechanic but I'm not sure what role the police play in this game. They feel like they've been put in as an afterthought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/03/2021 at 16:35, hmm said:

I like to think that Centurion is running some kind of incredibly long-term ARG. In a few years the myriad threads placed carefully around the forum will slowly start to coalesce and we'll begin to comprehend the beautiful, intricate web he's been weaving amongst us all this time.

 

Sounds like something my dad would do, meh. Did you know that Captain Picard's a Ferenghi? Think it out and the entire show changes quite radically, but how does this help one rollerblade better?

 

On 19/03/2021 at 18:25, Floshenbarnical said:


Upgrades tab in Crafting. You will require components. Crafting is a sham in this - it’s better to sell weapons and amass cash than it is to attempt leveling up crafting as the climb is too slow. Then you can use cash to buy components and upgrade the weapons you like. Each weapon can be upgraded a maximum number of times depending on your level, and can be upgraded again once your level increases. 
 

Crafting offers a very negligible stat boost to crafted weapons should you require the relevant perk, but they’re wasted Attribute and Perk points imo. 
 

PS if you reach the lofty Cool level 9 you can get a perk that enables you to grab people if you pistol whip them, meaning you can snap their neck for a quick takedown if they’re close and you’re out of ammo. Worth moving behind cover to snap the neck though as you’ll be exposed during the animation. 
 

Also if you get maneuvering thrusters and upgrade your legs you can dodge in midair, which combined with the Kerenzikov will enable you to jump over cover and crack off shots in slow motion while you’re fifteen feet in the air

 

top shelf murder simulator

 

Sounds a lot like demonic infection Shinobi from our own game. Can't remember why, but the avatar gets drawn to a fountain in town center with his beautiful narcissus face, rippling with power, and the water glows neon blood red. Drink it in order to become Super Sonic equivalent for Shinobi, but then the character automatically does Killer Instinct combos, like onto other players - mates, family, eek. You can accidentilly gibbage your dad's legs and snap his neck. And then, assuming this is bad you have to surgically remove bloodneon parts, replace with 'wholesome' cybernetics, erm. Dunno, but it is like Owain if he lived in a demon world like Diablo. Motherfucker kept playing mercliless Black decks in Magic/Wagic, no love in his heart for noone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, on reflection, I'd rather this game had actually jettisoned the whole GTA style crime story stuff and had just gone for a straight story with limited narratives. I think it'd be better overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a skim. Feature-wise its just what they originally said. But there are hundreds of bug fixes and some optimisation. Some quality of life changes including something mentioning HUD and quest pathing - I really hope that includes making the mini map zoom out when driving. Also a wee bit of rebalancing including on crafting. There are loads of quest fixes so it looks like they will be cleaning up a lot of the jank. Overall its better than I expected based off the last press release, hopefully the next patch after this one will have some more feature tweaks. There's some more console optimisations as well including in the inventory/front end which has terrible performance on console. 

 

I think I'll still wait till I get a PS5 and then dive back in regardless of what patch we're on, it sounds like this is a good first step in getting rid of a lot of the bugs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

I've basically decided to wait for the next gen version now. I was only a few hours in when I stopped because the game just wasn't as good as it should have been at launch.


Ditto. Waiting for a few more patches/fixes on PC then I’m gonna restart it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like a lot of fixes there. Any news on when we can expect it?

 

I must have been lucky as I’ve not had anything that’s put me off, other than very superficial stuff which I’ve mentioned before. Certainly nothing game breaking.

 

Still, it’ll be good to see what it’s like with the patch applied.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They said second half of March, and they also said they'd release the patch notes just before the patch itself. So sometime in the next two days, hopefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

40GB on Xbox!

Yep won’t be playing it tonight! 
 

I went back to it a week ago after putting around 10 hours into it over Christmas. It really is a great game. Such a shame it had so many issues on the previous gen consoles. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I might be a bit out there with my thoughts on this (see also: Empire of Sin) but I think this is absolutely magnificent. I've just finished Act 1 after - dunno, maybe 20 hours of play - and I've enjoyed every second of it. I'm actually quietly devastated my Xbox is aldready downloading the patch and will be for the next hour or so meaning I can't play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Jackie no longer shouts "Nice shot!" when V kills enemies while in stealth mode.


I never experienced it, but they should have left that in! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, friedgold said:

I think I might be a bit out there with my thoughts on this (see also: Empire of Sin) but I think this is absolutely magnificent. I've just finished Act 1 after - dunno, maybe 20 hours of play - and I've enjoyed every second of it. I'm actually quietly devastated my Xbox is aldready downloading the patch and will be for the next hour or so meaning I can't play.


Everyone who has put any time into it thinks it’s magnificent. It is!

 

And Act 1 is the most boring bit of the game...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.