Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

They've just updated the Stadia version too, and I've had a quick go. Not much has obviously changed, apart from one tremendous QoL improvement I haven't seen on the patch notes - cars for sale now have a unique icon on the map, so you can distinguish them from actual missions. Finally!

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

Hunting sounds alright! I loved taking the scrambler into the forests in SA, I bet I’d be all over that.

Go first-person mountain biking in the hills north of Los Santos, there’s nothing like it. 

I’m actually looking forward to the new-gen update for GTAV assuming they’ve put some proper work into it. 

10 minutes ago, Pob said:

Go first-person mountain biking in the hills north of Los Santos, there’s nothing like it. 

I’m actually looking forward to the new-gen update for GTAV assuming they’ve put some proper work into it. 

I do hope the team involved don't fuck it up like they seem to be doing with each and every update they put out for RDR2. Each time they add something to the online side of things, it seems to mess something up in the single player game. It's become soul destroying each time one of the gang tells me to put some damn clothes on 'otherwise you'll get a chill'. 

I'm in the fucking swampland, it's baking.

With regards the patch - definitely some good quality of life improvements as well as a few noticeable changes to irritating things that bugged me. I'm pretty sure it's added one or two odd bugs in the midst of all this too. Nothing particularly bad though, and it'll do. 

Jackie still walks through lift doors and through cars however, which upsets me enormously ;) 

Gave it a quick bash this evening with a new character (on PC) after giving up on it before Christmas. Seemed great, fixed some weird glitches I had. 

Then it crashed. 

Ho hum

Gave it a go. Noticed a couple of QoL improvements.

First fight couldn't switch weapons, stacked grenade launches up and then suddenly game did a series of actions in a blur, ending up with me killing myself by blowing myself up. Switched it off. 

I've said it before, but all the mini-game stuff in the post GTA:SA GTAs is to distract you from the world simulation essentially still being GTA3 with better physics.

Played a bit of 1.2 on PS4Pro this evening. It's been a few weeks since I last booted it up but it all feels a bit slicker and more responsive, especially the driving. There are some new bugs though. Car summoning is knackered (possibly not helped by the increased amount of traffic), I've had the inventory throw a wobbly and lose most of the item thumbnails, and I've seen loads of low flying hovercars. The in-car radio is even more broken now as well. Managed to crash it after a few hours by dropping a body on some stairs.

I was expecting to not find much to do (loaded a save after I'd done everything except the endgame), but of course found a load of completely untouched neighbourhoods on foot. I still can't get my head around how much work has gone into this world.

9 hours ago, cavalcade said:

Gave it a go. Noticed a couple of QoL improvements.

First fight couldn't switch weapons, stacked grenade launches up and then suddenly game did a series of actions in a blur, ending up with me killing myself by blowing myself up. Switched it off. 

Good job CDPR have announced to shareholders that they will be working on Cyberpunk and Witcher games at the same time from next year.

I had a very strange bug on Stadia last night, where the draw distance for shadows seemed to be set about twenty feet in front of you, so if you were driving across the city you could see this wave of darkness running ahead of your car, with buildings suddenly being enveloped in shadow. I was worried it was one of the optimisations they'd added because it looked terrible, but it seems to have sorted itself today.

As an aside, the storytelling in this really is great. I particularly like the way they use Johnny Silverhand as a combination of Greek chorus, devil/angel on your shoulder, and as a way of letting the main character voice his thoughts without using a clumsy voiceover. There are loads of bits where the game needs to draw your attention to something, and where a lot of games would have the character say something like "hmm... that wall panel seems out of place...", here they can just have Johnny materialise and suggest you give it a look.

18 hours ago, Festoon said:

Incidentally, story-wise, was

Reveal hidden contents

Yorinobu

misunderstood the whole game?

That's the question, isn't it? I love how morally grey the characters are in this. 

What's the flex with a base level Xbox One with this update – does it make it worth a go? I'm not that fussy about it being cutting edge and the absolute best experience possible, just good enough to not be obviously terrible. I'm a simple soul.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

That's the question, isn't it? I love how morally grey the characters are in this. 

What kills me is I never even considered this during the game. Even though...

Spoiler

Hanako says a few weird things about being in 'service' of their father. I never thought she could mean it literally, that she and her brother were being kept as potential vessels for the relic technology and now Saburo  is essentially immortal and will rule forever. Grim as fuck.

and also that Johnny is...

Spoiler

a dumb rocker with a bit of morality, so he would never simply take over like Saburo does his son, but also isn't a strategic thinker and so can't think of a better plan than what he did 50 years before - he and Rogue go smash. Both V and Jonny are just not in the big leagues, they are both small-time

and the game sticks well to Pondsmith's rules for Cyberpunk in that respect.

6 hours ago, Steven said:

Good job CDPR have announced to shareholders that they will be working on Cyberpunk and Witcher games at the same time from next year.

Witcher was inevitable.

CDPR hopefully got lots to prove with the Cyberpunk DLC. Can't wait.

9 minutes ago, Festoon said:

What kills me is I never even considered this during the game. Even though...

Reveal hidden contents

Hanako says a few weird things about being in 'service' of their father. I never thought she could mean it literally, that she and her brother were being kept as potential vessels for the relic technology and now Saburo  is essentially immortal and will rule forever. Grim as fuck.

Yet, in one of the endings...

Spoiler

... Saboru is in the news for brokering peace between the corporations, ending the old ways. Was Saboru really the bad guy here? 

At least that's how I remember it, it's been a little while since I saw that ending.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yet, in one of the endings...

Hide contents

... Saboru is in the news for brokering peace between the corporations, ending the old ways. Was Saboru really the bad guy here? 

At least that's how I remember it, it's been a little while since I saw that ending.

Did he? I must go back and check.

I do like the storytelling very much, to be honest I think that's my problem with the GTA-like stuff, it doesn't massively fit with the story and even works against it in some cases. Gotta meet Takemura quickly? Dying of the Relic? Yes, or faff about playing endless Gigs (*ahem* Witcher Contracts) first. Robs it of urgency to me. But videogaems gotta have content for 70+ hours or angry fans result.

I'd love a smaller, denser city, with more curated content and less filler.

Although, and this is better in Cyberpunk than I've ever seen anywhere, the introduction of elements into the main game that you thought were just background, like

Spoiler

US Cracks, is so well done. You see the posters for ages, then this bonkers song appears on the radio ( with no connection drawn between them ) and attracts attention, then you meet Kerry, then he drags you into that mission. Perfectly done.

Dare I say it but this seems quite polished now. At least playing it on a Series X in performance mode. Really impressive game. I’d say anyone who was on the fence and has a next gem system shouldn’t hesitate to jump in now. 

18 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Dare I say it but this seems quite polished now. At least playing it on a Series X in performance mode. Really impressive game. I’d say anyone who was on the fence and has a next gem system shouldn’t hesitate to jump in now. 

and just as I say that my female characters voice suddenly switches to male :lol:

26 minutes ago, Fargo said:

I don’t think it was half as bad as people have made out before the patch. I’ve been playing it on and off since launch and it still feels pretty much the same to me.

On 30/03/2021 at 12:11, JPL said:

What are you waiting for?

This isn’t aimed at you, and maybe I’m in the minority as I haven’t had any problems, but it feels this game is unfairly getting a bit of a kicking and if people played it, they’d see how good it is.

You misunderstand me perhaps. I've already put 100 hours in and seen one ending, and adored it. But there is so much to do to make it really sing. I want to see things like more NPC interaction, car modding, deeper storylines with the fixers and love interests, just all those things you see some or a glimpse of, but that are clearly pared down from what the producers envisioned. I'm happy to be patient.

27 minutes ago, Robbo said:

You misunderstand me perhaps. I've already put 100 hours in and seen one ending, and adored it. But there is so much to do to make it really sing. I want to see things like more NPC interaction, car modding, deeper storylines with the fixers and love interests, just all those things you see some or a glimpse of, but that are clearly pared down from what the producers envisioned. I'm happy to be patient.

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. For a game that has so many confusing systems it’s not massively deep once you get to grips with it. I really do hope it’s something they keep adding to though, as it’d be a real shame if it’s over and done with once you reach the end of the story.

7 hours ago, Festoon said:

I'd love a smaller, denser city, with more curated content and less filler.

An $30 expandalone using the same map, with maybe 12 hours of Mafia 1+2 style 'linear story with open world as connective tissue' would be extremely welcome.

Would also be a good opportunity to revisit some of the more intriguing but underused side characters.

3 hours ago, MK-1601 said:

An $30 expandalone using the same map, with maybe 12 hours of Mafia 1+2 style 'linear story with open world as connective tissue' would be extremely welcome.

Would also be a good opportunity to revisit some of the more intriguing but underused side characters.

And locations

I just want more clothing options, a transmog option, and the ability to go to the hairdresser tbh. Car mods would be cool but frankly the cars I own are fucking sick anyway. There are like two car chases in the whole game, driving is like an afterthought in Cyberpunk. You travel around and get from place to place but that's about it,

17 hours ago, Fargo said:

and just as I say that my female characters voice suddenly switches to male :lol:

Maybe your ears got hacked?!

10 hours ago, MK-1601 said:

I'm kinda hoping the 

Spoiler

Peralez

stuff makes a reappearance.