Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

11 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Different parts of the map have different difficulty levels. Like, there's no point really trying to do anything in Corpo plaza until you've done some serious leveling up. The cyberpsycho in the alley, for instance, is hard as a coffin nail and to make it worse once you've done X damage he runs off and gets into a battle with some equally hard Tyger Claws, so you have to kill them all first or they'll kill him and prevent you from taking him out non-lethally. And obviously once you aggro one of them they all hate you at the same time. The Burya or Grad is useful here, as you can hang back and cheese them through walls.

I didn't realise the area difficulty thing at all! I tend to zip all over the place. That was an odd decision by CDPR.

10 hours ago, hmm said:

PS5. I really don't think I'd have persevered with it at all on last gen hardware.

Clearly, a lot of these are pretty minor annoyances, and I was fairly tolerant of it when I spent my first block of time with it. Returning to it now, the lustre of the city and everything else has worn off a little and I'm just finding the sum total of all those petty grievances a lot more off-putting, and apart from largely eliminating the crashes I'm not convinced that any of the post-release patches have noticeably changed anything so far, besides making the police even shitter.

I’d agree that nothing seems to have noticeably changed, but I haven’t had any problems with it, so it’s fine by me.

I’ve just got up to the point of no return, so left it for now while I mop up everything else. Anyone know how far I’m off finishing it?

11 hours ago, Festoon said:

Btw, still think cutscenes should be third person, since it does it at the end a bit anyway. I don't connect to my V like I did Geralt.

I’m a bit obsessed with the photo mode, and that’s made the difference for me. I’m always conscious of what V’s wearing - I found a very cool legendary dress that had loads of mods but had to stop wearing it because it seemed ridiculous to be going out on stealth missions in it...

10 hours ago, JPL said:

I’d agree that nothing seems 

I’ve just got up to the point of no return, so left it for now while I mop up everything else up. Anyone know how far I’m off finishing it?

I got there after 45 hours and have been mopping up since. I’m now 133 hours in with one known mission to do (that appears to be borked) and two cyberpsychos that seemingly need to be discovered. But I know someone that platinumed it in 85 hours, so don’t use my experience as a gauge.

I did take it quite slowly at the start, attempting to kill stealthily, but now I just go in all guns blazing as I just want to get it over with. :hmm:

On 02/04/2021 at 11:45, MK-1601 said:

I definitely killed at least one Cyberpsycho by accident by frying them with System Reset. I don't think one-shot quickhacks work on them since the most recent patch though.

correct. I read it in the patch notes. Worst game ever. 

14 hours ago, JPL said:

I’d agree that nothing seems to have noticeably changed, but I haven’t had any problems with it, so it’s fine by me.

I’ve just got up to the point of no return, so left it for now while I mop up everything else. Anyone know how far I’m off finishing it?

Once you commit to that point there's some choices to make but you're of the order of 3-5 hours depending on those choices and how fast you go through the results.

It will then return you to the save just before the point of no return so don't sweat it too badly.

Digital Foundry analysis of the new patch. The biggest changes seem to be on Ps4 Pro where they've done something to the asset streaming such that effectively the detail has been dialled right back to hit 30fps.

I guess if you have no objects or textures you don't have to worry about frame rate and pop-in but now it just looks like shit 

On 04/04/2021 at 21:02, deerokus said:

Digital Foundry analysis of the new patch. The biggest changes seem to be on Ps4 Pro where they've done something to the asset streaming such that effectively the detail has been dialled right back to hit 30fps.

I guess if you have no objects or textures you don't have to worry about frame rate and pop-in but now it just looks like shit 

already did on ps4

load times significantly longer post-patch. No driving minimap zoom-out, which beggars belief tbh. Worst game ever

Calling it now: they'll do 2-3 patches up until Q4 that do effectively bugger-all, release the 'next gen' edition at Christmas as version 2.0... and it'll still be buggy as all get out. The proper version will v2.1, premiering March 2022.

1 hour ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Load times significantly longer post-patch

Thought that it was maybe just me being impatient after playing Demon Souls with its crazy fast loads, but I did think the checkpoint loads in this were noticeably worse on PS5 too.

I’ve noticed quite a few examples of NPCs disappearing in front of my eyes since this was updated, never happened before that I can remember.

Finished it, done all yellow and blue missions except the rides, and this has easily been one of the best of the generation (PS4/XBOne) for me.

I got used to the visuals being low res quite quickly and it’s wasn’t until the credits, where I assume the visuals are videos, that I realised how nice it could look, which has me looking forward to playing a PS5 version in a couple of years.

Definitely a game that deserves to remembered for more than having to be re-funded for bugs.

I find it astonishing that 4 months after release they still haven’t managed to get it to the minimum standard required to allow it to be sold on the PS store. The sales they’re losing there!

The strangest thing that happened to me on my first playthrough of Cyberpunk (other than dying while tripping on a plastic bag) was that the little news reel that plays on the initial load switched to the post-Panam Alecados Tower raid one before we started the mission.

That was odd.

6 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Oh, one more thing. The credits say special appearance by Kojima - where is he?

You can find him:

Spoiler

In the hotel you visit with Jackie, before you go to your room. He's chilling out near the bar in some booths with some hangers-on.

4 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

You can find him:

Hide contents

In the hotel you visit with Jackie, he's chilling out near the bar in some booths.

That crazy guy gets everywhere. Just seen that his glasses have a credit/sponsorship.

On 02/04/2021 at 19:50, Festoon said:

I didn't realise the area difficulty thing at all! I tend to zip all over the place. That was an odd decision by CDPR.

you think so? Isn’t it common in RPGs to have some areas be harder than others

27 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

you think so? Isn’t it common in RPGs to have some areas be harder than others

But it's not remotely obvious, or maybe I'm being thick.

1 hour ago, Festoon said:

But it's not remotely obvious, or maybe I'm being thick.

I mean, there isn't a huge level warning over the entire area but every mission displays a risk warning. So if it's Very High, prepare to scan everyone and then shoot through walls for half an hour.

11 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I mean, there isn't a huge level warning over the entire area but every mission displays a risk warning. So if it's Very High, prepare to scan everyone and then shoot through walls for half an hour.

Yeah, but I didn't realise that there were certain areas where higher level gigs were concentrated.

4 minutes ago, JPL said:

How do you shoot through walls? I’m in Act 3 now and I don’t think I’ve ever had a tutorial on it!

High powered rifles like Ovwrwatch can do it if you power up the shots by holding the button before firing.

9 minutes ago, Festoon said:

High powered rifles like Ovwrwatch can do it if you power up the shots by holding the button before firing.

Cool, I’ll give that a go. Why don’t they show you this in the game?

14 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Tech weapons do, in general. If I'm remembering it right.

What the fuck are tech weapons? :lol:

Honestly, as much as I love this game, they really should have done a better job of introducing all these things.

49 minutes ago, JPL said:

Cool, I’ll give that a go. Why don’t they show you this in the game?

I think it all gets delivered in a blur of 15 mins of overdelivery. I missed the cyberdeck and non-lethal weapons explanation.

10 minutes ago, Festoon said:

I think it all gets delivered in a blur of 15 mins of overdelivery. I missed the cyberdeck and non-lethal weapons explanation.

Is it all in those sections at the start where you do those training things? They were throwing so much at me at that point, I really didn’t take any of it in.