Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Vemsie

Here we are.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/38047/hotfix-1-22

Hotfix 1.22 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

This update addresses the most frequently reported issues since the last patch and introduces further improvements to stability and performance of the game. Here is the list of changes:

Quests & Open World

The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.

Fixed glitches in Johnny's appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.

Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.

Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn't follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.

Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street - for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako's parlor.

Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.

Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.

Visual

Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.

UI

Fixed an issue where subtitles were not properly aligned in the Arabic language version.

Stability and performance

Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes), and other optimizations.

Improved GPU performance of skinning and cloth rendering.

Console-specific

GPU and ESRAM optimizations and improvements on Xbox One.

Memory management improvements on PlayStation 5.

Stadia-specific

It's no longer possible to get soft locked in the key bindings menu if a keyboard is not available

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

This is opening up for me now into something quite special, the city is nothing short of astonishing to be in, and I love it now I’m more free to explore and do which quests I want, and there are a lot to choose from. The story and characters are excellent, it’s the typical high quality you’d expect from CDPR. 

I was thinking about this, and it’s the first game anyone has attempted of this kind since GTAV, yes there was RDR2 but in terms of building a modern or near future city like this, no one has done it before, not for a whole generation have they, or am I forgetting any? I suppose there was Infamous Second Son, and Crackdown 3, but they pale in comparison to the scale and detail on display here. 

There's been quite a few, IIRC. Watch Dogs 1, 2 & 3, Arkham Knight, Mafia III, Crackdown... This one is obviously the most lavish attempt since GTA5 though, and without doubt the best videogame city I've ever seen.

It is an amazing city, but even after what feels like hundreds of hours play, I’m still struggling to find my way around without the minimap. It’s so dense, that it’s not sticking in my memory. I’m sure I’d figured out my way around GTAV’s map way sooner than this.

On 25/04/2021 at 06:34, K said:

I watched the live action Ghost in the Shell last night, and while it’s a pretty bad film, the visuals were clearly a huge source of inspiration for Cyberpunk - there are specific lifts, like the giant fish holograms in corpo centre which are taken straight from GitS, and there are also dozens of tiny details and visual ideas that obviously inspired the Cyberpunk devs. 

The interesting thing is that Night City looks less cartoonish and more realistic than the city in GitS does. That’s not just down to the layout and design - the city in Cyberpunk is more physically and visually convincing than the one in GitS. I thought that was remarkable, in that we’re now at the stage where a pretty expensive film from three years ago has been outclassed by a video game open world. The dialogue and characterisation are also much, much better in Cyberpunk, which is also interesting but less notable given that it’s comparing a poor film with an unusually good game. The physical environment is an area where films have an inherent advantage given that they’re creating static tableaux and limited sets rather than explorable worlds, so I thought it was pretty impressive that Cyberpunk was actually ahead. 

I think Night City is more stylistically similar to New Port City from the original animated movie (best movie of all time IMO), the city in the woeful live-action is all a bit Apple Product. I think the aesthetics of Night City borrow more heavily from works like Bladerunner, Escape from LA, and Dredd, for sure. Live Action New Port City is basically present-day Hong Kong or Singapore with robots in it.

Edit: fuck me that film was shit. I left the cinema in a terrible mood. Look how they massacred my boy etc

On 26/04/2021 at 12:56, K said:

The BD investigations are really good fun, but it feels like they could have done more with them - they feel a bit straightforward, in that the game signposts everything there is to find, and it's mainly just a matter of systematically hoovering across the timeline and scanning everything. They could have hidden a bit more stuff, or maybe had some setup where you get conflicting information and have to work out the truth. As it stands, they're mainly a flashy way of putting across exposition. But very cool, nonetheless.

On 26/04/2021 at 17:32, Thor said:

Nah, Dontnod did a little game called Remember Me (back before they hit it big with Life Is Strange) which had a very similar mechanic of poking around in someone's memories, and I'm sure the idea itself has been in all sorts of science fiction over the past century. 

It's a great Cyberpunk idea, but I felt it could have had more meat on its bones in this game. :)

Beat me to it. I wish Remember Me had been a bit better, I really enjoyed the premise but eventually gave up on it. Couldn't quite get on with the Poundland Batman combat mechanics.

1 hour ago, K said:

There's been quite a few, IIRC. Watch Dogs 1, 2 & 3, Arkham Knight, Mafia III, Crackdown... This one is obviously the most lavish attempt since GTA5 though, and without doubt the best videogame city I've ever seen.

Yeah it feels really next level. 

I was just mooching around Watson and I found a door to a building, wandered in to take a look as you do, ended up in a lift and then found 

Spoiler

Roy Batty.

This game continues to surprise and delight.

2 hours ago, ZOK said:

I was just mooching around Watson and I found a door to a building, wandered in to take a look as you do, ended up in a lift and then found 

Hide contents

Roy Batty.

This game continues to surprise and delight.

his grave or the man himself

4 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

his grave or the man himself

The man - I found his grave ages ago which was pretty cool, but this was even better, total atmospherics, such a lovely Easter egg. 

His little bird! :wub:

That's because it has been constructed by an addled mind.

I suppose he is attempting to say: why are we banning old media when there is this new filth being produced? But of course my false equivalence meter has exploded as soon as I wrote that.

Last night I had a dream that I was in Cyberpunk 2077, and it was amazing. Everything they promised and more was delivered. Then I woke up and felt really sad, but also like I should check if it's improved much (especially as I have a new PC now). Is it worth picking up yet? I played for a while on console and didn't mind it or have too many bugs, but it felt like a pretty slight game that couldn't decide whether to be an immersive sim or open world sandbox, and didn't do either of those very well.

43 minutes ago, Moz said:

Last night I had a dream that I was in Cyberpunk 2077, and it was amazing. Everything they promised and more was delivered. Then I woke up and felt really sad, but also like I should check if it's improved much (especially as I have a new PC now). Is it worth picking up yet? I played for a while on console and didn't mind it or have too many bugs, but it felt like a pretty slight game that couldn't decide whether to be an immersive sim or open world sandbox, and didn't do either of those very well.

They've fixed an absolute shitload of stuff but haven't really done anything beyond that, apart from more or less turning the police off. The further patches and free DLC supposedly coming over the rest of the year presumably should.

If you didn't play to the point when it all opens up then your opinion may well change quite a lot after that point, or just generally as you get more immersed into the city.

It certainly could have been so much more, in some respects, and maybe it eventually will be, but it's already an incredible game - one where the £70 price point that Sony are trying to bring into being doesn't seem quite so unreasonable.

1 minute ago, hmm said:

one where the £70 price point that Sony are trying to bring into being doesn't seem quite so unreasonable.

It’s not available on Sony consoles though!

Fuck knows why to be honest, I’ve had more fun with it than loads of games I’ve recently played.

I’m really into the driving in this now, at first I found it twitchy as hell but now I’m tearing around or cruising at speed - and there are some lovely long roads you can do that on.

I just did a mission where I had to find a number of cabs that had gone missing and the whole mission is just driving around, really enjoyed it, I stop at lights and everything now. 

One thing though, how the fuck do you get your vehicles? When I use the right d-pad to call my car the one I started with arrives, which is fine, but what about the bike I bought, and the one I received for completing a mission? I’ve looked in the garage by my apartment and unless I’m looking In the wrong place, nothing :wacko:

20 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Can someone wake me up when the map zooms out as your driving speed increases. Im sick of pulling U-turns

Literally the worst bug I encountered in the entire game.

Jason Schreier has become SUCH a hack since he moved to Bloomberg.

'Flop' = 13 million copies sold.

And in the article itself, he says: 'Cyberpunk 2077 was the video game industry's biggest flop of 2020.'

:lol:

The game was a disaster. But it still earned an absolute fuckton of money. Schreier's take is ludicrous.

It's another example of trying to feed a particular internet narrative - Cyberpunk was a flop! Sony only care about blockbusters! etc - regardless of what the actual story says. The story here seems to be "game sells shitloads, but less than expected, and the developers and board members get bonuses". There is undoubtedly a story here about the disparity between executive pay and what employees receive, but CDPR seems to be used an example here because the game FLOPPED brackets sold 13 million copies close brackets rather than because CDPR are a particularly bad example of out of control exec remuneration.

I mean, it says in the article that 10% of the company's earnings are shared with the employees. That sounds... good? Not sure how that compares to the industry as a whole, and it is revealing that the executives get the same share as all the other employees, but I'm not sure Activision's board are sharing profits in the same proportions as CDPR.

I have a sword now that does electrics :ph34r:

Still don’t know half of what I’m doing, possibly more, just discovered you can upgrade items, and all the implants and everything :wacko:

As @ZOKsaid it doesn’t really matter, you just learn through playing, it’s quite welcoming once you stop trying to know everything all at once. 

So into the bikes, I own two now. I go cockpit view for all the vehicles, so much more immersive. 

1 hour ago, K said:

There is undoubtedly a story here about the disparity between executive pay and what employees receive

Like it's different anywhere else. He'll probably do a story at some point highlighting that the execs have newer cars than the devs.

Still littered with visual/minor technical  bugs after the latest patch (Xbox one x).

Last night I had a grenade go through the pavement and vanish, an enemy getting trapped in a locked building but still shooting at me (still doing damage) and 3 or 4 items I couldn't pick up.