Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Vemsie

1 hour ago, Stevie said:

It could have been, but actually its Berlin. 

Well, that'll be the thirteen intervening years (on the 6th, presents welcome!) rotting my brain then. :lol: 

Glad I completely missed the big German signs as well. Was the roof that reminded of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started playing this.  Should I be able to just go wherever I want and steal everything I find?  Because that's what I'm doing.  I was in some sort of club and I went through a door, found a safe, and took all the money in it.  I didn't even close the door behind me.  No-one cared.  I the same club, I found the DJ booth and took their money too.

I am enjoying the game though, it's an amazing environment to wander around in.  I've encountered loads of bugs in the couple of hours or so I've played of it.  I parked my car on a slope, but it stayed perfectly flat from the highest point that was touching the ground, so the front of the car was a couple of feet in the air.  Someone I was talking to slid around the room in a sitting position without a chair.  

I did find the bit where you're looking for stuff in VR fun, although they made a couple of the things a bit too finiky to find.  I'm also getting a bit lost with the story, as I'm having to play it in short sessions, quite spread out, so I can't remember the cast of characters, factions, fixers, and gangs from one session to the next.  I had an option to choose my loyalty between two different people, but I couldn't remember who one of them was.  Now I have an option to ring someone, but I don't know who they are, what it's in reference to, or why I might ring them.  None of this is the game's fault, of course, but it is my current experience of the game.  I'm a bewlidered cleptomaniac wandering aimlessly through a brightly coloured world.  And the same is true in the game.

2 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

I'm a bewlidered cleptomaniac wandering aimlessly through a brightly coloured world.

The perfect way to play it. Forget about the game teaching you stuff, just roam around soaking it in and getting into scrapes and eventually it all starts to make sense.

4 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Every time this thread gets bumped I'm like "oh sweet maybe there's a barber in the game now"

Or, "maybe in this Cyberpunk age my character could change any aspect of their appearence at all"

• 2 weeks later...

Was gonna wait for the next-gen patch but just buckled.

Started off as some kind of cyber American Psycho type. Was really tempted by cyber street-urchin though.

First impressions, more lens-flare than a JJ Abrams lens-flare festival.

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing this on and off on Series X for a week or so.

Perfectly playable and like The Witcher the rpg elements become more important and entertaining the higher up the difficulty you go. So also like the Witcher this transforms combat from your basic slash/fps to something you really have to plan for and strategise. Lovely.

Plenty of pop-up, particularly on the highways. Framerate dips quite often and I’ve had weird instances of NPC’s just vanishing in front of me.

On the whole though not too disappointed I’ve dived in before the next-gen updates. With talk of them being moved to “sometime in 2022” I just couldn’t wait any longer.

Really is a great game that has amazing potential to be built on.

Things I’d like patched asap, apart from the framerate stability, are playable arcade machines, a garage to store your cars and a hairdresser. Also some level of threat when you’re robbing people blind.

1 minute ago, womblingfree said:

Can you store your cars and bikes in it?

If you park them there, yeah. I think it will only hold your current active vehicle though. It's the one that's accessible through the lift from your apartment. It's awkward to find though - I forgot how to get there about a third of the way through the game, and only figured it out right at the end of my playthrough.

IIRC, you come out of your apartment onto the street, turn left, and cross over the road, and there's a big orange building you can drive / walk into. You can also access it directly from your apartment - come out the front door, turn right, go round the corner, and the lift is in front of you.

1 hour ago, K said:

IIRC, you come out of your apartment onto the street, turn left, and cross over the road, and there's a big orange building you can drive / walk into. You can also access it directly from your apartment - come out the front door, turn right, go round the corner, and the lift is in front of you.

In my experience of inner city parking, not being able to find your allotted parking space, or even be aware you have one, is pretty realistic.