Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

I was planning to get this on PC, as I felt my 1080ti would get me a better version than the initial XSX release, but the speed and convenience (and better HDR) of the Xbox has me leaning towards that. 

I know it won’t be patched to be fully next gen until later, but is there at least a 60fps option on XSX? I can wait for extra shine, but not for frames. 

My pc is more than ready, bring it on. 

Though the follow marker to mission are a bit concerning (though needed probably) but I hope that all disappears once you get there and it's just about as freeform as possible. 

Hmm, that video definitely lowered my anticipation levels a bit. The roads looked pretty empty and the population density seems a bit low, I'm sure I remember the original gameplay having far more people present. Just looked like a video game world to me, something seemed off. Maybe the lighting? 

If they announced it had an uncapped frame rate and is able to run at 60fps even at 1080p on Series X then I will play right away. 

But the lack of info is making me think it won't have any kind of 60fps toggle at launch. 

Even though its my most wanted game for years I'm really tempted to just cancel and wait for the next gen version, then again that could be delayed into the middle of 2021.

1 minute ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Using the power of my eyes that looked really stuttery on One X. Maybe low 20's to 30. Series X looked much smoother, but still fluctuated between 40-60 I reckon.

It never goes above 30fps on series x although looked a very smooth locked 30 with some raytracing clearly seen at times. Very stuttery at times on One X with no Ray tracing. 

The YouTube vid is 30fps. So you can't see higher lol. 

8 hours ago, Radish said:

Hmm, that video definitely lowered my anticipation levels a bit. The roads looked pretty empty and the population density seems a bit low, I'm sure I remember the original gameplay having far more people present. Just looked like a video game world to me, something seemed off. Maybe the lighting? 

I am sure the weedy cpu in the old consoles is at play here. Hopefully it will look more bustling in the next gen patched versions. 

Witcher 3 was similar, the main cities were a lot emptier on consoles than on pc. 

I've never been particularly interested in this because the setting and aesthetic do nothing for me; I've never liked 'cyberpunk' as a thing. It feels exhausted. I was looking forward to the writing and characters, though, after Witcher 3. It seems that this will actually flip things. Exciting to explore and mess around, lots of mechanical interaction, but very tropey, clichéd dialogue. I might stick subtitles on and use different voice language to add some distance. 

Hmm. Genuinely saw nothing to wow me in that trailer. In fact, quite the opposite. Sorry, rant incoming. I’ve just built a new PC. Many people here have done the same. Some have bought the new consoles. A big part in each of us making these decisions was, no doubt, Cyberpunk. But after watching that?

Gameplay looked slow and clunky. Gunplay looked really bad, but could have just been the person playing it. Bullet sponge enemies, though. Graphics looked seriously downgraded. Bad voice acting. Awful facial animations. Empty streets whilst driving, hardly any better when walking around. NPCs sitting or standing around waiting for you to pass the invisible barrier which activates them. Bad frame rate drops on the One X suggests the game is seriously compromised by the insistence on a last gen version. 

Hype thrusters disengaged. 

16 minutes ago, Benny said:

Spending nearly (or more than) a grand on shiny new tech just for things that aren't even out yet is no better than those Star Citizen weirdos spending hundreds on jpegs.

Agree,  mostly (you do have something physical with resale value).

I’ve only been tentatively looking forward to cyberpunk because scripted demos of immersive sims can look amazing.

Play flight sim.

11 hours ago, Ry said:

It never goes above 30fps on series x although looked a very smooth locked 30 with some raytracing clearly seen at times. Very stuttery at times on One X with no Ray tracing. 

I'd be surprised if there was any Ray tracing on the Series X footage they are showing. This is just the Xbone version running in back compat surely. I could be wrong but I can't imagine there will be any ray tracing until we get the proper next gen upgrades.

I think it probably looked slow because the person playing it stuck the game in walk mode in order to make the whole thing look "immersive" or whatever.

There's no way that's going to be your top speed. Nor do I think I would have noticed the lack of pedestrians during the driving bits of it hadn't been pointed out here.

It's probably healthy to manage down your hype levels a bit anyway. As somebody in here has raised the spectre of Star Citizen, it's a proper lesson in cult behaviour - the expectation that the game will go above and beyond and offer a portal into living some other existence.

In terms of the NPC, I'm not sure what people were expecting. Crossing the conversation barrier in order to make the words go was always going to be part of it. CDPR did really well with the Witcher 3 and having characters have little conversations that you'd miss if you didn't go out of your way to follow them, there's no reason to think from that footage that they're not going to do the same here.

But fundamentally, you're going to have to go to places and have conversations. And there's going to be random little skits like the gang members in the alley. Just because the game isn't simulating a shed ton of that stuff the whole time to constantly surprise you doesn't make it bad. Crafted, atmospheric encounters trump random goons any day in my book.

And I bought a shiny new PC to play BugSnax obviously. BungerBungerBunger.

I think every major showing they have been using a top end PC running on max settings so on console hardware for the versions held back by complete trash tier CPU's - it wasn't going to look anywhere near that

More realistic depiction of what it will look like on highest end hardware:

I was almost positive I wasn't going to be able to resist playing this at launch rather than waiting for the next-gen patches but I'm not so sure now because the gulf between the PC footage and even that Series X footage is huge. I know the Series X footage is just the last-gen version running at a better frame-rate basically but it does look dated by comparison. Do I really want that version to be my experience of the game?

That city model is gorgeous, so are the cars. The character models are nice but terribly animated. The One X version looks awful, with empty streets and barely working facial animation.

I did wonder why they’ve shown so little other than walking about through the beautiful city slowly. But then the awful looking shooting and terrible dialogue which is performed really poorly kick in and you can see why. 

Bonus points for making sure there’s some horrible sexism in most conversations. Really shows what kind of scumbags the developers are.

Can’t wait for it to release though, because then everyone will finally shut the fuck up about it. I’m so bored of people asking if I’m excited about it.