Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

I've used CD Keys for years too, and they were always my go-to, but since the new website launched (or maybe that's just a coincidence) even digital orders aren't instant now.

I've bought PS+ and Xbox credit recently, and had to wait hours for my order to "complete". Just look at their Twitter too. It's mostly people complaining about waiting for orders to be approved.

Another to vouch for CDKeys. Never had any problems been using them for years.

Think these days you have to be very careful about what you read on the web. Of course there will be a few issues with some people and of course they will be much more vocal than the 1000s of satisfied customers....  

I have bought PC, Switch, PS4 and Xbox games from them in the past without issues. Just make sure the key is for UK/EU* territories as noticed some keys need use of a VPN etc. 

* For now. Guess the rules might be different for the UK in future.

Even as the critic, I’ll say that I’ve always got my keys and they’ve been fine and historically I’ve not had problems but, as others have been saying over the past few months, they are worse than they were. 

Of my last three orders, two took about a day to come through. Not a big deal really but annoying if you want a game then and there. 

They’re fine it seems, but just don’t rely on that ‘instant delivery’ because it’s not true anymore. 

In my experience, I think it’s mainly credit purchases that get held up rather than games but there’s plenty of noise online about it if you want detail. 

Of course, if it hasn’t happened to you, why worry that it might or assume the people moaning are telling the truth?

38 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Even as the critic, I’ll say that I’ve always got my keys and they’ve been fine and historically I’ve not had problems but, as others have been saying over the past few months, they are worse than they were. 

Of my last three orders, two took about a day to come through. Not a big deal really but annoying if you want a game then and there. 

They’re fine it seems, but just don’t rely on that ‘instant delivery’ because it’s not true anymore. 

In my experience, I think it’s mainly credit purchases that get held up rather than games but there’s plenty of noise online about it if you want detail. 

Of course, if it hasn’t happened to you, why worry that it might or assume the people moaning are telling the truth?

Not making excuses for them but I guess they maybe a victim of their own success I guess... if they have a lot of pre-orders for a particular game it may take them a while to get them out?

I have noticed that the keys are get seem to be scanned sometimes or from retail type packaging? Nothing dodgy I guess but depends what format they get their keys in.

It’s been credit that has caused issues I think. Maybe that’s understandable but it’s also annoying as you usually buy it in the moment you want to use it. 

I may well buy CP from them as it’s a fair bit less and if I have to wait a few hours it’s not the end of the world. I won’t be in a rush. 

I’m not warning people off them but, if it’s launch day and you decide to buy it and expect the code immediately, you may, just may, not get it for a while which might ruin your day if you’re in that mood, which we all can be at times. 

33 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I may well buy CP from them as it’s a fair bit less and if I have to wait a few hours it’s not the end of the world. I won’t be in a rush. 

Well it was announced 7 YEARS ago! :D So I guess a while longer won't harm....

On 26/11/2020 at 12:35, Alan Stock said:

I didn't find it a problem in Witcher 3, for me the sexualisation of women in that regard was part of the setting as a whole (although you can't deny some of it is eye candy for the lads and sex for entertainment) and the womanising/sexual exploits was part of Geralt's character (although yes it is a bit creepy at times)

Tbf that's entirely up to the player, there's nothing in the story to make Geralt sleep with more than one person so you can RP him as being faithful to Yen or Triss if you so desire.

On 26/11/2020 at 14:48, Wiper said:

For all my misgivings about the game/its development, I did notice a little thing which made me smile; there's a sequence we've seen where you're sat at a bar with a woman, who is drinking (presumably) whisky. In that scene, the glass she's drinking from - and every glass at the bar - is a subtle knock-off of the Arnolfo di Cambio 'cibi' old fashioned glass... which is (slightly) better known as the whisky tumbler Deckard drinks from in Blade Runner. I thought that was a pretty cute little reference.

Cibi:

cibi-deckard.jpg.c8c5344973dd1d258e8538db49ad527d.jpg

Not cibi:

not-cibi.thumb.png.c367f813b29f759bf50a1c8dd49ef62f.png

(can't get a blur-free shot of her drinking from the glass, alas)

Cheers!

4D8C6F45-AA17-439B-A976-0F6BD135B50F.jpeg

18 minutes ago, bm said:

I'd be bang up for this if it was Steam rather than GOG, as I want the option of playing it via GeForce Now.

If anyone spots a similarly-priced Steam key ahead of launch I'd love to know.

No need. According to GOG, you'll be able to play that version on GeForce Now too. :)

Sorry if this is obvious but how does the cdkeys process work for a preorder? Will they send me a key now that I enter on gog now and can then download the game on release day or do I have to wait until release day for cdkeys to send the code?

6 minutes ago, partious said:

Sorry if this is obvious but how does the cdkeys process work for a preorder? Will they send me a key now that I enter on gog now and can then download the game on release day or do I have to wait until release day for cdkeys to send the code?

It should say what format the key will be for (usually a little steam icon along with price, region ect on the items page) and they will send you an email with the key on release day.

It's a bit of a pain not being able to preload the game but luckily it isn't some 90gb behemoth so most average connections will have it down in a few hours.

23 minutes ago, Scruff said:

It should say what format the key will be for (usually a little steam icon along with price, region ect on the items page) and they will send you an email with the key on release day.

It's a bit of a pain not being able to preload the game but luckily it isn't some 90gb behemoth so most average connections will have it down in a few hours.

Thanks for the info. That's a bit disappointing, was hoping they sent a code now and I'd then have the pre order locked in on my gog account. I trust cdkeys enough to buy an old game or some psn credit but not sure I trust them enough to send me a key at some stage in the future.

Yeah I’ve also used them a few times on preorder keys and they’ve been “fine”, where that acknowledges I’m not hoping to play at 9am on day of release. It turns up during the day so I have it downloading in the background while I finish work. 

I've been avoiding videos of this but just saw a little bit of the ps4pro footage that was put out a couple of days ago and all I can see that's wrong with it is the eerily empty streets.

Hopefully next gen patches will equal density of crowds. 

Makes sense and was expected, as the crowd density was a setting on the PC version of Witcher 3. Iirc Novigrad was pretty barren in the console versions but impressively busy on a half decent rig. One of the settings that had the most impact on performance in Witcher 3, so it makes sense if the same goes for Cyberpunk.

There's a scene in the clip where you watch a 

Spoiler

Police vehicle descend from the sky and some civilians are killed. 

The animation is pretty great, if the crowds had to all shuffle into walls or clip through objects or each other, it'd really undermining so I can see why they'd be reluctant to not do it unless they can do it right. 

What I would like to know is if this is gonna run at 60fps day one on the PS5. Hope the pro version ships with an uncapped performance mode and I may just dip. Otherwise I will have to go PC. 

Not gonna lie though, console gaming has pulled me back big style over the last week! 

That's what I've been hoping for all along. No next gen patch is no problem if they simply include a basic 60fps option - even include a warning message that old gen can't really handle it and would lead to a boned performance. If it also has dynamic resolution, we're golden. That means 4k/60 on BC on XsX and PS5 without doing anything to it. Perfect.

• Goose changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - 10th December 2020
  • Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags