Jump to content

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch


Vemsie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hmmm combat continues to irk.  Anyone else find dashing a bit unreliable when in the middle of a battle?  Like I click the stick but nothing happens, sometimes. 

 

Ludicrous how strong melee seems compared to firearms, too.  I've dropped it to easy.  At least now enemies die in one or two shotgun blasts, which feels a bit more believable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, robdood said:

Hmmm combat continues to irk.  Anyone else find dashing a bit unreliable when in the middle of a battle?  Like I click the stick but nothing happens, sometimes. 

 

 

Yes, 100%. I find it especially annoying as the sprint > slide > slow-mo mechanic is so satisfying to pull off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marlew said:

No it's a joke I have a PC 

 

I'm probably gonna murder this, it was just a throw away quip, not part of your tight five or anything, but I remember you going "the worst thing about pc gaming is having to talk to pc gamers" which made me laugh :D

 

The other day I popped my head in the "are you refunding cyberpunk" thread and saw a trend starting. I was going to say "No, I have a pc, and I didn't buy it", but I got cold feet. I thought people would think I was bragging about pirating or something and I'd get lynched.

 

This is one of those games that is so big, even if you have zero interest in it, even if you're a nomad living up the mountains, it's seeping into your conscious.

I've heard some of the things going on around it and I can only side with the customers.

 

I saw danbo tweeting the other day "its starting to excite me to see more and more people getting disillusioned with the big contemporary game scene". It does feel like this could be a milestone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Takizawa said:

 

 

Yes, 100%. I find it especially annoying as the sprint > slide > slow-mo mechanic is so satisfying to pull off.

Didn't even know that was a thing!

 

Another thing I don't get yet, is how I'm supposed to stop myself getting hacked.  A message came up the first time, saying I need to look at the enemy and pick the option from my own hack menu to counter it (I think that's what it said anyway!).  Haven't been able to successfully do that yet, I can never see the person doing it!

 

Oh and which brainiac decided to make scanner zoom in/out the same controls as using the hack menu? Infuriating!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, robdood said:

Another thing I don't get yet, is how I'm supposed to stop myself getting hacked.  A message came up the first time, saying I need to look at the enemy and pick the option from my own hack menu to counter it (I think that's what it said anyway!).  Haven't been able to successfully do that yet, I can never see the person doing it!

 

There's a perk to show you who's hacking you, but I've never found it useful as you usually have to get past a bunch of enemies anyway to get line of sight on the Netrunner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robdood said:

Didn't even know that was a thing!

 

Another thing I don't get yet, is how I'm supposed to stop myself getting hacked.  A message came up the first time, saying I need to look at the enemy and pick the option from my own hack menu to counter it (I think that's what it said anyway!).  Haven't been able to successfully do that yet, I can never see the person doing it!

 

Oh and which brainiac decided to make scanner zoom in/out the same controls as using the hack menu? Infuriating!

 

If you scan you should see a golden trail to the enemy net hacker, so you can run up and shoot them in the face or hack off their heads or something.  I'm assuming any counter measures will only be available at a higher level.

This happened with one "package" delivery mission - I was quietly wearing an enemy group down from range with overheat only to be hacked in turn and that led to a huge firefight.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just started playing this on Stadia (I mean I had a very quick look, went to Lizzie’s bar) and it is cracking me up at how detailed but unresponsive it is - I haven’t played a game like this for ages (by which I mean a PC game with console sensibilities) and it reminds me of HL2 so much. 
 

Everywhere V goes she is jumping up and down, bouncing on and off tables, chairs, and the heads of anyone sitting down, to no reaction at all by anyone. It’s funny as fuck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

I'm assuming any counter measures will only be available at a higher level.

Perhaps, weird it tutorialised it the first time it ever happened, then! It's not the best in this regard, I have to say. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, while post-1.04 most of the amusing, belief-suspending glitches have been vastly reduced, has anyone else had issues with the 'Messages' in the game being broken half of the time?

 

Like, two separate conversations (with main characters) I've got going on the options I've been presented with bear no resemblance to the conversation threads they're in, and are just leading to gibberish like this, which is a bit frustrating [details redacted so they shouldn't mean anything to anyone who hasn't encountered them yet]:

 

Conversation with

Spoiler

Judy, after recovering Ev

305477949_WutMessage1.thumb.png.130f1158476393fe314f86ef37d110d1.png

(my options here were either 'Not yet', or 'Been kind of busy' [or words to that effect])

 

Conversation with

Spoiler

Panam, after recovering the scientist fella

1540683885_WutMessage2.thumb.png.c54a7b8a9d2d2e5babd9558e27966ec1.png

(my options here were either the posted response, or simply 'OK')

 

Just wondering if these conversations are universally broken, or if something's gone awry with my specific interactions with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something I really like in this is climbing stuff. The animation feels smooth and reminds me a bit of Mirrors Edge. Not found much of interest during me climbing adventures but its great trying to get to places that perhaps you shouldn't be able to and its certainly opened up some interesting infiltration situations - especially as I seem to be using a sniper file as my main weapon. I should put some perks into fall damage tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ImmaculateClump said:

The other day I popped my head in the "are you refunding cyberpunk" thread and saw a trend starting. I was going to say "No, I have a pc, and I didn't buy it", but I got cold feet. I thought people would think I was bragging about pirating or something and I'd get lynched.

 

Should have gone with "I only have a switch and so didn't buy it". Because more than PC owners, the one group of gamers who really want you to know about their hardware of choice is Nintendo fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Wiper said:

So, while post-1.04 most of the amusing, belief-suspending glitches have been vastly reduced, has anyone else had issues with the 'Messages' in the game being broken half of the time?

 

Like, two separate conversations (with main characters) I've got going on the options I've been presented with bear no resemblance to the conversation threads they're in, and are just leading to gibberish like this, which is a bit frustrating [details redacted so they shouldn't mean anything to anyone who hasn't encountered them yet]:

 

Conversation with

  Reveal hidden contents

Judy, after recovering Ev

305477949_WutMessage1.thumb.png.130f1158476393fe314f86ef37d110d1.png

(my options here were either 'Not yet', or 'Been kind of busy' [or words to that effect])

 

Conversation with

  Reveal hidden contents

Panam, after recovering the scientist fella

1540683885_WutMessage2.thumb.png.c54a7b8a9d2d2e5babd9558e27966ec1.png

(my options here were either the posted response, or simply 'OK')

 

Just wondering if these conversations are universally broken, or if something's gone awry with my specific interactions with them.

 

The second one seems to make sense if the first speaker interprets "go back and settle things" as a compromise solution.

23 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Something I really like in this is climbing stuff. The animation feels smooth and reminds me a bit of Mirrors Edge. Not found much of interest during me climbing adventures but its great trying to get to places that perhaps you shouldn't be able to and its certainly opened up some interesting infiltration situations - especially as I seem to be using a sniper file as my main weapon. I should put some perks into fall damage tho.

 

This is nicely implemented.  There are almost always alternative routes into buildings (don't forget that windows may be remotely opened). I guess the side-quest implementation taken as a whole is nothing that hasn't been done a thousand times before but I'm still finding it enjoyable (I'm doing a lot of jobs between main quest advancement).  The city is extraordinary, even if it couldn't be more shallow (but then again what would be a deeper example of comparable ambition?) - look hard at the pedestrians and you will see gold lamé jacket man popping up everywhere, for example. But there are lots of little interactions between them, just as there were in Witcher 3, very easy to miss them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

 

The second one seems to make sense if the first speaker interprets "go back and settle things" as a compromise solution.

 

Yeah, I could sort of read V's comment and the response to it in that way, but given my other conversation option was literally just "OK", which doesn't follow from what they'd asked in any way, it feels like this V's statement and its follow up are unrelated to the preceding statement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just finished this and I dunno. I was happy with how the end played out story wise, but trying to build this thing to something of a crescendo with characters running through walls and holding invisible guns just took the edge off. Mass Effect Andromeda at launch feels polished compared to this. I honestly think gameplay wise it was that rough.

 

So yeah. Shame really. I think they just bit off more than they could chew here. When it works it shows what a talented bunch they are but it's just not good enough technically. It can look sensational in screenshots but in gameplay terms it's Spiders or Deep Silver tier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone playing on PS4 Pro, how is this performing now? I really want to play it now, but I'm wandering if I should wait until I can find a PS5.  I've even considered signing up to Stadia just to play it, but I think I'd rather have it in my PSN library for when the next-gen patch comes along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I just finished this and I dunno. I was happy with how the end played out story wise, but trying to build this thing to something of a crescendo with characters running through walls and holding invisible guns just took the edge off. Mass Effect Andromeda at launch feels polished compared to this. I honestly think gameplay wise it was that rough.

 

So yeah. Shame really. I think they just bit off more than they could chew here. When it works it shows what a talented bunch they are but it's just not good enough technically. It can look sensational in screenshots but in gameplay terms it's Spiders or Deep Silver tier.


It very much feels like they’ve effectively under-baked a cake and then decided the best way to sort it out is by adding layer upon layer of tasty icing and chocolate and lovely stuff. But that only can fool you for a while before you land a bite on the undercooked dough...it tastes really bad.

 

The thing is, I’m not sure if you can do much about it now. The bugs aren’t actually too worrisome for me. It’s the whole system of how the AI runs that feels completely wrong. I don’t think that’s a bug, that’s how it’s been programmed. How much can they actually change?
 

I really hope they can, but...sheesh, for me it’s so much much less a game than W3 I honestly can’t believe it.

 

And I really never get this verbose about games that often!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JoeK said:


It very much feels like they’ve effectively under-baked a cake and then decided the best way to sort it out is by adding layer upon layer of tasty icing and chocolate and lovely stuff. But that only can fool you for a while before you land a bite on the undercooked dough...it tastes really bad.

 

The thing is, I’m now not sure if you can do much about it now. The bugs aren’t actually too worrisome for me. It’s the whole system of how the AI runs that feels completely wrong. I don’t think that’s a bug, that’s how it’s been programmed. How can change it? 
 

I really hope they can, but...sheesh, for me it’s so much much less a game than W3 I honestly can’t believe it.

 

And I really never get this verbose about games that often!

 

The cake metaphor is a good one. They indeed try to distract players from a half-baked, often times sterile and empty world. There are so many menus and sub-systems (braindance editing, hacking, selling equipment etc.) in this game but THE ONE MAJOR THING is missing for me, namely a believable world full of believable and interesting characters that somehow feel alive. I mean, it's just not in there. And it's absolutely startling.

And yes, Witcher 3 felt completely different with way more substance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m starting to feel about like @JoeK here. I want to love it, indeed there’s so much here to love. Good story, a *great* city to explore, some fun and interesting characters and some

nice mechanics. It all just feels held together with string, there’s not much to do aside from the main story and some of the side missions, you want to play with it but there’s nothing to play with (I spent 30 minutes strolling around last night, in a busy area - nothing happened). Half of me wants to continue through the story, half of me wants to put it to bed for six months and see if they can sort the underlying systems out to do the world they have created justice. 
 

IF they sort those systems out and get the base game to a better place I’d be kicking doors down to play it again, damn, play new episodes and stories set in this world. It’s a marvel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its Witcher 3 in a different world and similarly broken as that was in launch. 

 

Witcher's 3 world is very flat, people seem to really hold that to some esteem but aside from NPCs in the quests/sidequests, the one's pottering about add absolutely nothing but set dressing. Same as with this. Yes theres loads of NPCs but bar saying a hello or something they add nothing after the first half hour of gawping. They are pathed a little better but still nothing to write home about.

 

In the Witcher 3 its go from quest to quest, same as here. Unless you want to explore a world that might have a bit of random loot here and there. Same as here.

 

I loved TW3, put about 250 hours into it, but its not as 'whole' as what people seem to believe imo. Underneath this is a very, very similar game, just a bit more buggy.

 

On a more personal level I find the writing, and mission flow to be above and beyond any other open world game by far with this.

 

Helps that I'm one of the lucky ones with a high end PC that hasnt really seen any bugs bar minor graphical ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.