IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

It’s a good tune although the lyrics are a bit contrived. RTJ isn’t really my thing but I love Killer Mike’s solo stuff

I’ve finally finished all the side stuff and am going to ploughing through a couple of endings today. I’ve perfected my Crit build, and will post a video of me absolutely deleting crowds of people for your enjoyment. 

For anyone who wants a fun SMG that tears through people, Problem Solver is an Iconic Saratoga that delivers 1000rpm with an 85-round mag (Legendary version). It fires so rapidly that it almost sounds bugged. It needs the anti-recoil mod to be effective but it’s unbelievable when you upgrade it to its Legendary version. 

You get it from some asshole at the Wraith camp in Riders of the Storm

5 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

That music video is sick!

So how does crit build work? Stacking critical damage chance? What weapons does it work well with? I've not touched any of those related skill trees.

You can max out your Crit chance to 86%. You can reach 81% chance through perks, and a further 5% through mods. Some weapons have Crit chance already, so if you’re rolling with a weapon that has a high Crit chance you can spend those perks elsewhere, as equipping the weapon will boost you to 86% if you already have a base Crit chance of 36% (easy to do). 

Crit Damage stacks up to maximum 225%, which will mostly come from your perks because mods that give you CC or CD do not stack - if you equip one, the others don’t do anything. Bully is a great mod, as is Fortuna, but like I said equipping more than one of each is a waste. So your remaining mod slots should be taken up by things like Armadillo, Crunch etc. There is also a mod that gives you + 20% headshot damage, and a piece of cyberware that gives you +50% headshot damage. 

Also worth finding and equipping the mod that allows you to land silently. 

My build is not super tanky - my armor rating is great but not bananas; I prefer the mods that give you +19 movement speed because I like to move and flank a lot. Crouching behind desks is boring. 

Crit builds work with almost any weapon, because you’re doubling your damage output on 80% of your shots. However I think they really come into their own with rapid-fire weapons, because your DPS output will be way higher. I still use my revolver quite a lot because the alpha damage is disgusting regardless of critical hits, but it makes that even harder-hitting too.

Utterly broken

Downloaded this again for PC. Forgot just how stunning it is visually, can't to play this in VR in ten years time. ;)

I've installed a few little mods, like the better mini-map and the one that stops you from skipping cut scenes when you just want to crouch, but I discovered a new one that fixes the in-car view that goes blindingly bright when driving in the day. Surprised that still needs a mod to be honest, most cars are undrivable in first person during the day when it's sunny so I figured CDPR would have fixed that. Oh well, the mod works well enough.

20 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

It’s a good tune although the lyrics are a bit contrived.

That’s unavoidable really - a tune written for a game purporting to be of that same game’s world is a contrivance by its nature.

Such a brilliant track though, like so many of the original tunes the music captures the near future vibe just right.

21 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Utterly broken

Well, yeah, but I don't think CP2077 is one of those games where you need a guide to optimal builds to get an overpowered character - I reckon you'd need a guide to avoid getting overpowered really!

I reckon that it's an essential part of any good RPG that, by the end, you're some kind of untouchable demigod but that point was reached far too early in this, without any effort on my part. Some of the guns and maybe all of the melee weapons at higher levels are absurd just on their own, and then you get some multiplicative effect with various abilities. It felt to me like the balancing issues are too large and pervasive for them to ever do much about it in patches, though perhaps if they are aiming to somewhat relaunch the game with the current gen console versions then that offers an opportunity.

I wouldn't say it spoiled the game to any great extent, and sprinting around relieving goons of their heads with a cleaver like a more sprightly Jason Voorhees was always... entertaining, but it did make a lot of the later encounters rather less exciting and challenging than they presumably had in mind.

13 minutes ago, hmm said:

Well, yeah, but I don't think CP2077 is one of those games where you need a guide to optional builds to get an overpowered character - I reckon you'd need a guide to avoid getting overpowered really!

I reckon that it's an essential part of any good RPG that, by the end, you're some kind of untouchable demigod but that point was reached far too early in this, without any effort on my part. Some of the guns and maybe all of the melee weapons at higher levels are absurd just on their own, and then you get some multiplicative effect with various abilities. It felt to me like the balancing issues are too large and pervasive for them to ever do much about it in patches, though perhaps if they are aiming to somewhat relaunch the game with the current gen console versions then that offers an opportunity.

I wouldn't say it spoiled the game to any great extent, and sprinting around relieving goons of their heads with a cleaver like a more sprightly Jason Voorhees was always... entertaining, but it did make a lot of the later encounters rather less exciting and challenging than they presumably had in mind.

its certainly doable - there’s a PC mod that entirely reworks the balancing, and the modding community reports that it’s awesome. 

In pretty much all Bethesda RPGs - Skyrim/Fallouts etc I made my main character into a fucking invincible monster without too much effort. Skyrim is one shotting things with the bow - Fallout is one shotting things with a single rifle and the right perks and stats. It wouldn't be an RPG if the concept of balance wasn't based around number abuse rather than things like challenge. I appreciate that make it crappy for some from a gameplay perspective but my joy is shooting an enemy with a pistol and a number comes up on the screen that represents how much we used to give to the EU every week.

If I want challenge I'll play Doom Eternal or Dark Souls LOL

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

The satisfaction of one-shotting with a bow in Skyrim VR never gets old. Never ever ever ever ever! :D

i still remember my first Skyrim one-shot. It was at that tomb on the mountain (Bleak Falls Barrow) outside of Riverwood, and I was walking up and saw a bandit walking to the end of that suspended walkway that goes far out towards the cliff. He was just a few pixels tall. I fired a sneak shot, and  the camera followed the arrow all the way up the mountain into the side of his head, at which point he fell off the walkway and disappeared from view. Truly amazing

6 minutes ago, Valver said:

Sadly, those mods only aim with headlook, so you can't aim your gun with your hands ... that's a big no-no for me. I'm happy to wait for proper VR implementation. Driving around Liberty City with a wheel in VR looks fun though, I'll admit. 

Sorry if this has been covered (it’s a long thread! I went back a few pages and didn’t see it) but if one were to buy this for either PS4 or Xbox One S, is it okay? I remember people saying it wasn’t good at launch and I’m hoping it’s been fixed.

If it were for me I’d just buy it on PC, but my girlfriend wants it and she’s predominantly a TV gamer (to the point where she took her desktop PC apart at the weekend and put it in the loft to make room for the Christmas tree!) so it’s console or nothing.

1 minute ago, jonathanhoey said:

Sorry if this has been covered (it’s a long thread! I went back a few pages and didn’t see it) but if one were to buy this for either PS4 or Xbox One S, is it okay? I remember people saying it wasn’t good at launch and I’m hoping it’s been fixed.

If it were for me I’d just buy it on PC, but my girlfriend wants it and she’s predominantly a TV gamer (to the point where she took her desktop PC apart at the weekend and put it in the loft to make room for the Christmas tree!) so it’s console or nothing.

It is absolutely awful on an Xbox One S, and if the PS4 isn't a PS4 Pro you are going to have a bad time too.

It should never have been released on those platforms.

25 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

Stadia Premiere is £20 at the moment, plus whatever they currently charge for C2077 - no ‘console’ needed and it’s one of the best versions: 

https://store.google.com/product/stadia_premiere_edition?hl=en-GB&utm_medium=affiliate_publisher&utm_source=CJ&utm_campaign=GS5347859&utm_content=dr&CJPID=1546795&CJAID=15004189

I'd second the Stadia recommendation - if you have decent broadband (and ideally can connect the Chromecast directly to the router), then it's probably the best version after the PC one, and it's definitely the best value for money.

There are loads of videos of the PS4 version online, so I would just watch one of them to get a view on whether the performance is good enough for you. The Xbox One version is the worst one, so I would avoid that.

1 hour ago, jonathanhoey said:

Can you use Nvidia Gamestream or Moonlight to play the PC version on the TV?

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

It is absolutely awful on an Xbox One S, and if the PS4 isn't a PS4 Pro you are going to have a bad time too.

It should never have been released on those platforms.

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

Stadia Premiere is £20 at the moment, plus whatever they currently charge for C2077 - no ‘console’ needed and it’s one of the best versions: 

https://store.google.com/product/stadia_premiere_edition?hl=en-GB&utm_medium=affiliate_publisher&utm_source=CJ&utm_campaign=GS5347859&utm_content=dr&CJPID=1546795&CJAID=15004189

3 hours ago, K said:

I'd second the Stadia recommendation - if you have decent broadband (and ideally can connect the Chromecast directly to the router), then it's probably the best version after the PC one, and it's definitely the best value for money.

Thanks all. Bullet dodged. 

I've ordered the Stadia kit for £19.99 and will see how it goes. There's a temporary trial of Stadia Pro so I'll be able to see how it performs without spending any more, I suppose. 

The Stadia edition of Cyberpunk is £49.99 but I mean, it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, Valver said:

Can you use Nvidia Gamestream or Moonlight to play the PC version on the TV?

Possibly, but that doesn't quite help us. Her PC is probably a bit too old to play Cyberpunk comfortably anyway, and mine's a laptop so if I want to play games on the TV I just plug it in. 

I basically take my computer with me wherever I go so it's not ideal as a device for us both to play on. 

What's the state of the game on Series S? I think the optimization patch is still in the works right? I have an S on the way to play Halo but also would love to play this. But only if it's not too compromised compared to PC.

1 hour ago, Sane said:

What's the state of the game on Series S? I think the optimization patch is still in the works right? I have an S on the way to play Halo but also would love to play this. But only if it's not too compromised compared to PC.

Looks to be a perfectly stable and playable 30fps constant:

With the odd dip here and there in large explosions.

Graphics look fine, about a medium on the PC, with no ray tracing (but I can't see ray tracing in this ever coming to consoles).

You might want to wait for the next-gen patch coming Q1 2022 though, as that might add a 60fps performance mode.