IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

30 minutes ago, Thor said:

Just tried that DLSS update.

MxtJ.gif

Maybe it works better with the 30XX cards, but on my 2080ti I'm not seeing a difference.

To be honest, I never noticed a huge lack of sharpness with the standard DLSS really - in quality and at 1440p it always looked pretty much pin sharp.

6 hours ago, Thor said:

I get bad frame drops with 1440p quality, but on balanced mode it's really smooth. However, 4k and ultra performance is also smooth with nary a difference to my eyes... 

What have you got ray tracing set on? I have it on the second to highest setting (can't remember what it was called). I found that the top setting on rt actually causes graphical glitches in the shadows and other odd bits and bobs. 

I've played all three. Corpo is the best one, by far; easily has the best conversation options throughout the game too. The Nomad intro is really good, but the relevance to being a nomad in the main game is utter rubbish. Street Kid works well with regards to the relationship with Jackie, but for the main game, again the usefulness of being a Street Kid is somewhat limited.

It's clear to me that Corpo was CDPR's favourite, and the main focus once they sliced off the other RPG elements during development.

36 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Don't listen to a word Thor says. Streetkid is canon. He hasn't even played the game, he's just watched videos and been on Digital Foundry.

:lol:

Do your street kid street smarts allow you to...

Spoiler

Takakura

Didn't think so. ;) 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

:lol:

Hide contents

Takakura

Didn't think so. ;) 

I don't know what that means, but I played like 30 hours as a Corpo and it didn't feel right. Probably the first one you play is what feels right to you, and that's definitely the case for me, but lore-wise and story wise it just makes more sense to me.

Spoiler

Takakura? What are you on about? Are you talking about saving Takamura? Because you can do that in any lifepath.

What the fuck?? Has someone edited my post???

@Floshenbarnical Here's what I know I typed:

Spoiler

Just walk in the front door of the heavily guarded Arasaka facility that you, after staking it out with Takemura, have to infiltrate in order to upload some software?

Didn't think so.  

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

What the fuck?? Has someone edited my post???

@Floshenbarnical Here's what I know I typed:

Hide contents

Just walk in the front door of the heavily guarded Arasaka facility that you, after staking it out with Takemura, have to infiltrate in order to upload some software?

Didn't think so.  

No, but why would you want to do that? "Excuse me, I'd like less gameplay in my game." That is pretty cool though, and would explain

Spoiler

how easily V & Takemura get tracked and ganked following the parade. Witnesses much?

I guess I just really, really like

Spoiler

the idea that V grew up in the shithole Heywood megabuilding running with street pushers, Valentinos, whoever had a scam or a scheme. She doesn't even have a cyberdeck in the prologue, which makes sense as Streetkid. She's just a plucky idiot with some iron and a broken nose. Things were apparently so full of suck that she fled across the Badlands to Atlanta, had some sort of mysteriously bad experience that forces her back to NC. The warmth with which Ibarra greets you when you meet him, the unspoken bond that you two share even though he's a super minor character in the story at large. I'm sure there are "better" or more dialogue options as Corpo - there are plenty good ones as Streetkid, in fairness - but I think the wide-eyed naivety of her character in the first act makes more sense as a Streetkid; she would be more jaded and cynical as a Corpo. My $0.02

I wanted Nomad for that The Peripheral vibe, those kids out in the small town hacking. But then you start the game and it seemed like it was all forgotten immediately? Although I’ve not played the game very far yet, maybe it comes back in later?

My first play through was as a nomad. I leaned heavily into it, concentrating on being a brawler, good with a pistol. And following the nomad story line to the very end.

On my second play through I went corpo, haven't finished it yet, and am enjoying playing a different role and feel like the game gives us the chance to tailor the story really well.

Yeah im definitely getting a PC. Would love to ride the monorail. Maybe they'll add it in the next-gen update, although I'm not holding my breath.

The game is finally hard again! 

Spoiler

because i removed a bunch of crit chance and crit damage perks, removed my +50% headshot damage optical mod, and havent upgraded my weapon or armor in 6 levels. So I'm one-hit-kill, especially against the 6th Street Kings who all seem to have shock ammo, and it takes three or four headshots for my Overture to drop someone now. It's ... very difficult indeed. On the plus side, i'm a flick-shot headshot machine now. Thank god for snap-to-aim. Took me a half hour to do a simple NCPD Scanner Bounty target - I didn't even die, but I did manage to aggro every single King for miles around, who all rushed in to join the fun. Doesn't help that I haven't specced into Intelligence other than the extra money from datapoint perks so I couldn't even hack half of them.

Hmmm, I'm not exactly sure what's done it, but the graphics on my game looked off since yesterday when I installed Cyber Engine Tweaks. The textures all seemd to lack proper lighting. It was most noticeable on River's Jacket. I uninstalled CET but it did nothing. Something is off, so I'm re-installing the game from scratch. Fucking PC gaming, eh? ;)

1 hour ago, Sumire said:

Damn, it must almost be a bit embarrassing when some modders add all that to the game when the original developers seemingly couldn't be bothered.

I think if CDPR had put in the code exactly like that mod everyone would say it’s pretty naff. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a cool thing for someone to have made, but as far as a realistic portrayal of a huge underground network, I don’t think one empty cabin cuts the mustard ;)