IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

1 minute ago, Minion said:

I'm interested! What card are you running and what are the temps? At 4k this was running at 55ish and HOT on my 3080 pre patch. 

Just undervolt the bastard. Literal lifesaver for my 2080ti with temps and power consumption.

If it is undervolted and its still molten then that's a mad card.

Just now, Dark Soldier said:

Just undervolt the bastard. Literal lifesaver for my 2080ti with temps and power consumption.

Nah I just run in 1440p and it's fine and still looks fantastic, I don't like cooking the card or fucking around with volting. It can handle 4k it just gets hotter than I like.

20 minutes ago, Minion said:

I'm interested! What card are you running and what are the temps? At 4k this was running at 55ish and HOT on my 3080 pre patch. 

3080 FE. Wasn't monitoring temps as was doing the inbuilt benchmark and then just running/driving around. Tbh since the 3080 is at stock settings it never goes above 78ishc which is perfectly safe. 

18 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

Might do this just been too lazy to bother.

Well, as someone who completely avoided pretty much everything spoilery about this whilst waiting for the next gen patch, I’m loving what I’ve played on PS5 so far. Only put about an hour in but it looks good to me. It’ll obviously never be dripping in ray tracing goodness but it still oozes atmosphere and character. 

47 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

I assume Digital Foundry will have a video out soon.

Might be dependant on whether the press actually got more warning on this than the general public did. I'd imagine it's going to take a while to get some proper analysis on the patches really. 

I'll be interested to see if I notice anything different on the PC game though - from a graphical standpoint I mean.

3 minutes ago, JoeK said:

'll be interested to see if I notice anything different on the PC game though - from a graphical standpoint I mean.

Yeah, having recently (just before Xmas) replayed the PC version, I'm curious about this PS5 trial. 

Edit: Wow, this is only £19.99 to buy!

So I gave it a couple of hours, yeah sometimes it’s looks really nice. It’s still a completely dead world. Id much rather play the next gen gta v again.

I absolutely hate this game lol 

…there , all better now.

PS5 impressions

Graphics are better, it does look nicer. It looks especially nice in the Ray Tracing mode if you can handle 30fps (which is prone to chugging in high traffic areas). It’s still not quite the leap I was hoping for.

The 3D audio is great.

Dual Sense Haptics are decent, if not as revolutionary as others we’ve seen (felt)

The placeholder low poly cars that disappear when you get close enough are still there (or not, depending on your perspective).

Streetlights still have the habit of looking like they’re turning on when you get close. This really broke the immersion for me in the PS4 backwards compatible version.

Car tail lights seem to be a lot more consistent (they used to turn off when you got close). For whatever reason about 25% of night city residents still drive around with only one headlamp on. That has to be a bug.

There is still a lot of detail load in at close quarters.

The cars handle a lot better now. In fact, they’re actually really enjoyable to drive!

The minmap is better but doesn’t zoom and scale for speed like in GTA.

There seems to be more pedestrians but nothing at the level seen in the E3 demo. They also don’t vanish into thin air.

In summery, I think there’s more work to be done but I suspect we’ll not see it. I expect stuff like the low poly distant traffic density is baked in and would be a lot of work to change.

HDR is better for individual things like neon signs and such but the contrast, especially at night, isn’t particularly great. Turning on HDR seems to just brighten up the entire screen as well rather than just the details.

Once we hit a games drought I’ll play it again, hopefully there will be another patch by then.

28 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

So I gave it a couple of hours, yeah sometimes it’s looks really nice. It’s still a completely dead world. Id much rather play the next gen gta v again.

I absolutely hate this game lol 

…there , all better now.

I just don't get that sentiment. It's still a videogame, I'm not sure what else you could possibly expect it to do. I absolutely adore wandering around in the world. It's less about the NPCs and more about the design. It just feels so coherent and beautifully put together. It feels lived in. 

And I'm not sure if it's just the fact I haven't played it for a while but holy motherforking shirtballs it's a pretty game. Like the dude above, I am one of those people with it running on ultrwidescreen 4k with everything cranked to the max on PC, but it's the complex geometry of the streets and alleyways I love. Even in this tiny area there's so much to see. 

https://ibb.co/PGt8GV8

It's just fucking amazing. I can't imagine what my 8 year old self would've thought games would look like 35 years later, but this is mindblowing shit. 

Just played the through the first mission with Jackie on Xbox series X- he still walks through a load of solid objects at the end. They didn’t even bother to fix that in the first mission after all this time.

17 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

Just played the through the first mission with Jackie on Xbox series X- he still walks through a load of solid objects at the end. They didn’t even bother to fix that in the first mission after all this time.

Like this?

No problems here with clipping through either, but there was se funny hand animation jank with Jackie. 

Also seen people say it's crashing for them, but I almost feel like those owners on Kitchen Nightmares thinking their Restaurant is failing due to trolls, and wonder how legit the crash comments are.

Super interested to hear DFs take on this in the coming weeks.