IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

On 14/05/2022 at 15:57, K said:

I'm not really sure why the charged jump is in the game at all, it's less fun to use than the double jump and isn't as effective.

The charged jump is much more useful, as it gives you more height, and that’s always what you need. I switched to the double jump after playing nearly the whole game with the charged jump and it was like being hobbled.

UI did the mall mission for the Voodoo Boys. I'm pretty sure I did it later than my first play-through, but I could not take down the boss. First time around, she was much easier. And this time around, I had both Skippy and a 1000 dps shottie.

So there has been some rebalancing, for sure. She was one-shotting me all over the place. Even after I stole her bloody hammer.

I just snuck around her and headed straight for the exit.

1 hour ago, smac said:

UI did the mall mission for the Voodoo Boys. I'm pretty sure I did it later than my first play-through, but I could not take down the boss. First time around, she was much easier. And this time around, I had both Skippy and a 1000 dps shottie.

So there has been some rebalancing, for sure. She was one-shotting me all over the place. Even after I stole her bloody hammer.

I just snuck around her and headed straight for the exit.

Conversely I took her down first try, didn't seem to hard once I figured out her weakness.

35 minutes ago, smac said:

Didn't have much that did 

Hide contents

Fire damage

But I also shot out the

Hide contents

Blue crystal on her back

First time I just danced in circled with her having done the second spoiler. It was time consuming, but she was slow.

Had the same experience in the final battle. I was part convinced I couldn't actually die at one point in that.

I love how fundamentally broken this game is and how that adds to the experience. 

So I put this down a while back with all the issues I was having and just last week decided to jump back in with the PS5 version, what a difference! It's certainly playing better, looks great on the PS5 (I was on the PS4 version previously) and surprisingly I'm enjoying the haptic feedback on the controllers! Honestly each shoot out feel's tense and the way it feel's on the controllers is great.

Looks like I know what I'm playing for the next month or so ^_^ 

Edit - Thought I'd add some little things I have noticed regards the haptic feedback -

- Obviously guns feel like they really pack a punch and you notice the differences between weapons, i.e. firing a shotgun and you can feel it kickback at you through the controller

- When driving, you can feel the change in gears when acceleration, you can feel the change in road surface

- Motorbikes, theres something noticeable in that it feel's a bit like feet moving (I imagine it's to get at feeling the air rush past you or something like that?)

- You even notice when your character has opened a door 

These are only thing's i've noticed early on so not sure if there is more to come but it showcases the haptics quite well.

I've started a new game (on PC) too after playing ten or fifteen hours when it came out originally and I'm really enjoying it. I loved the TTRPG when I was a teenager and this does a great job of bringing some of that world to life.

It seems to be far more forgiving now than I recall from my first go, I've died a lot less so far anyway. 

Just saved up enough for a leg upgrade and struggling to decide which one to go for having read the recent chat 😆

On 14/05/2022 at 10:57, K said:

I'm not really sure why the charged jump is in the game at all, it's less fun to use than the double jump and isn't as effective.

22 hours ago, ZOK said:

The charged jump is much more useful, as it gives you more height, and that’s always what you need. I switched to the double jump after playing nearly the whole game with the charged jump and it was like being hobbled.

I’ve said it a dozen times and I’ll say it again. If you get the maneuvering thrusters with the charged jump, you can double jump. You get the insane charged jump, then you stall in midair and perform a second charged jump. There aren’t many places you can’t reach with this combination. Flanking and gaining the height advantage/ escaping becomes trivial especially in neighborhoods like Northside or Santo Domingo/ Arroyo that aren’t packed with skyscrapers

23 hours ago, ZOK said:

Really? I tried it for a bit, but didn't really enjoy it - I love double jumps in games, when done right they feel really satisfying and tactile. I'll have to try it with the thrusters, as per @Floshenbarnical

2 hours ago, K said:

Really? I tried it for a bit, but didn't really enjoy it - I love double jumps in games, when done right they feel really satisfying and tactile. I'll have to try it with the thrusters, as per @Floshenbarnical

i think you get the maneuvering thrusters in arroyo or Santo Domingo. All they let you do is dodge in midair, but if you have charge jumped equipped you chain up a second jump. Requires rapid button mashing - (hold)X-OO-(hold)X but is easy to get the hang of

I think I’ve all but exhausted the side quests now.  Still don’t have any of the achievements for clearing out areas but I’ve had a fair few rewards for doing all the fixers jobs. 

AA1C0B96-4AC4-4497-8073-F66593312ABA.jpeg

My V is pimping it.  Level 50, 20 body, 20 reflexes, 20 cool.  Finally maxed out handguns, it took longer than I care to admit but I’ve enjoyed the time put in so whatever. I’ve got to finish the boxing quest, still haven’t started the car racing but it might be time to do the point of no return thing. 

Finally did the point of no return mission.   

Spoiler

My V was stupid powerful by that point that it was borderline trivial. Adam Smasher posed no more of a threat than being a very spongy  bullet sponge, I almost ran out of ammo on him but was never in danger of dying.   Didn't really buy into some of the story stuff here (I asked Panam for help and ended up riding into the sunset with her) because of that thing which happens in videogames a lot where you've killed thousands and thousands of people by yourself but somehow storming this particular room is different.   Might do the other endings for the achievements but I'm very happy with the way things played out.  Started as a Nomad, ended as a Nomad, made some good friends along the way. Ended up just shy of a hundred hours. 

I played through to completion on base PS4 - however, I was way past the intro missions and into the open world proper before the first patch landed.

That improved the graphics from the original smear-o-vision, but there was still plenty of jank left in the form of pop-in, disappearing textures and the like., but it's do-able. Also a lot of weird glitches in scripted NPC behaviour - T-poses, skating, overlapping with scenery, etc. Depends on how sensitive your mate is to frame rate, too.

I mean, the jank's not totally eliminated on PS5 - I was cruising through Corpo Plaza this week when I saw what looked like a guy on some low-rider chopper bike overtake me. Turned out his car's body hadn't rendered in time...

I don't know what later patches may have improved.

59 minutes ago, smac said:

I played through to completion on base PS4 - however, I was way past the intro missions and into the open world proper before the first patch landed.

That improved the graphics from the original smear-o-vision, but there was still plenty of jank left in the form of pop-in, disappearing textures and the like., but it's do-able. Also a lot of weird glitches in scripted NPC behaviour - T-poses, skating, overlapping with scenery, etc. Depends on how sensitive your mate is to frame rate, too.

I mean, the jank's not totally eliminated on PS5 - I was cruising through Corpo Plaza this week when I saw what looked like a guy on some low-rider chopper bike overtake me. Turned out his car's body hadn't rendered in time...

I don't know what later patches may have improved.

Thanks smac. He's fairly casual and not likely to be too bothered by low frame rates, will pass your comments on.

The worst bit in the game was a very early scripted on-rails shooting section, which was incomprehensible on PS4; I played that before the first patch, so have no idea what it's like now.

3 hours ago, smac said:

The worst bit in the game was a very early scripted on-rails shooting section, which was incomprehensible on PS4; I played that before the first patch, so have no idea what it's like now.

three, actually. three on-rails bits. All of which were almost unplayable tbh

Spoiler

Scav van with jackie, post-heist drone chase, biker ninjas w takemura

26 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Hide contents

I think they could have been fine had there been more feed-back from the shooting itself. It's another gripe I have about the game - cool weapons that just don't quite 'feel' like they caused the mayhem I just inflicted on everything.

1 hour ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Hide contents

The last was the one that really stuck in my mind because it played like a fractured nightmare seen as a slide-show. Ending with me facing a burning, T-posed corpse with no idea how I ended up that way.

Spoiler

Luckily, I realised I was supposed to finish off the totally unmoving, charred ninja corpse as if it was alive and moving, by shooting it in the head. Because otherwise I'd never have made it past that bit. Like I said, I have no idea if that was patched or not.

1 hour ago, smac said:

The last was the one that really stuck in my mind because it played like a fractured nightmare seen as a slide-show. Ending with me facing a burning, T-posed corpse with no idea how I ended up that way.

Hide contents

Luckily, I realised I was supposed to finish off the totally unmoving, charred ninja corpse as if it was alive and moving, by shooting it in the head. Because otherwise I'd never have made it past that bit. Like I said, I have no idea if that was patched or not.

Spoiler

Yeah it wasn’t helpful being given one of the least accurate, lowest DPS pistols in the game. So even when you do land shots, it doesn’t even do anything  presumably because the whole thing is heavily and horribly scripted  

Still one of my favorite games ever made. I lent it to my friend and I’m depressed

4 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Hide contents

I had no bugs with those.

I think they're just shit.

7 hours ago, Festoon said:

I had no bugs with those.

I think they're just shit.

i didnt have any bugs either but the graphics/ frame rate were so fuzzy/ blurry I could barely make head or tails out of what the hell was going on 

I hadn't ever done the corpo intro to this. 

Man, that's a really fun intro. Short, but for me definitely the one which has the most 'CP' in it! Takes you on a fantastic little journey.

Infact, it feels like a huge shame that they didn't focus more on this really. I could have really digged a story about V getting back at all those bastards who made him lose everything. 

Well, I'm assuming it doesn't do much with it when you get to the main game aside from a few lines here and there.

Corpo's my fave. I'm currently on a Streetkid run and that intro was so short it barely qualified as one at all.

This is really impressing me on PS5. Graphically, not quite as good as my first play through on PC, but really not all that far off, and being on a huge screen with massive surround sound and the haptic triggers more than makes up for it.

Edit - I'd forgotten how funny some of Takemura's texts are :D

I'm playing Nomad this time around - but it's so long since I did my first run, as Corpo, I can't recall the differences.

Seems to be taking ages to get through, too, and this time I'm doing much less sightseeing.

16 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

Corpo's my fave. I'm currently on a Streetkid run and that intro was so short it barely qualified as one at all.

This is really impressing me on PS5. Graphically, not quite as good as my first play through on PC, but really not all that far off, and being on a huge screen with massive surround sound and the haptic triggers more than makes up for it.

Edit - I'd forgotten how funny some of Takemura's texts are :D

i turned off haptic triggers. Found them super distracting in this for some reason

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaaaaaaand I'm done. Several times over - I wanted to try a different endgame, but ended up just repeating the main choice I made first time around. But I did choose a slightly different final fate. Then I ran through a few more endgame options.

The city is still bloody amazing; I really hope we get another game set there, or at least some DLC.

It felt like I took longer this time around, but I did much less exploration - there were some minor quests I recall from the original that I didn't find this time around (probably scanner hustles). Like one vehicle quest with several stages to it ending up in a garage in the neighbourhood under the Dam.

Spoiler

Did all three primary ending routes - nomads, Johnny and Panam, and Arasaka, but I haven't followed every end option. Because I did the Aldecados a second time by mistake, I've made the final choice for both Johnny and V for that run, having gone with Alt. Nice to see the alternatives play out.

I suspect there are a lot of different endings you can play around with decisions/actions to get.